1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 22:052 edits
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    You know, I'm all for religious freedom. Hell, feel free to bugger a stuffed sheep carcass and call it religion for all I care. Declare yourself a Pink Pola Dotted Krishnaologist and bottle your farts as Holy Relics. However, is it really necessary to dig up dead "saints" and put them on display?
    Don't be ignorant. If you had exercised the diligence to have read the VIS blurbs that ivanhoe is gracious enough to post, you would have known that according to the Pope, life is only sacred from conception through natural death. As long as Padre Pio died naturally, his body is fair game for all manner of disrespect.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 07:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    according to the Pope, life is only sacred from conception through natural death.
    According to the Pope, life exists after natural death and is always sacred.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 12:57
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The St. Gildard's Convent enshrines the uncorrupted body of St. Bernadette (Bernadette Soubiroux):

http://bretagne.air-nifty.com/anne_de_bretagne/images/nevers1.gif
    Christ that's creepy. She must be made out of the same stuff Twinkies are made from.

I've just received a Revelation! Twinkies are obviously a divine gift! Should I be praying to one specific Twinkie or will any Twinkie do?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 15:047 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    According to the Pope, life exists after natural death and is always sacred.
    Wrong. Show me the VIS where the Pope says that. I can cite the VIS where he says that life is sacred from conception until natural death.

Thread 86093: "Human beings always stand beyond what can be scientifically seen or perceived", the Pope affirmed. "To overlook the question of man's 'being' inevitably leads to refusing the possibility of research into the objective truth of being ... and, effectively, to an incapacity to recognise the foundation upon which human dignity rests, from the embryo until natural death".

Thread 54787: "Notwithstanding a possible diversity of prudential judgments, each of us should guide our decision-making on such issues by a fundamental respect for the dignity of every human person from the moment of conception to natural death."
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 18:081 edit
    Wrong. Show me the VIS where the Pope says that. I can cite the VIS where he says that life is sacred from conception until natural death.

Thread 86093: "Human beings always stand beyond what can be scientifically seen or perceived", the Pope affirmed. "To overlook the question of man's 'being' inevitably leads to refusing the pos for the dignity of every human person from the moment of conception to natural death."
    Fair enough. We are equivocating over the term "life". In the quotes you cite, the Pope refers only to human life in its physical manifestations as he attempts to mount a secular argument. Obviously as a Catholic he must believe in life beyond that.

It is difficult to see, though, how you take the premise "human life is sacred from conception to natural death" to get "the dead body can be disrespected."
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 00:56

Thread 86093: "Human beings always stand beyond what can be scientifically seen or perceived", the Pope affirmed. "To overlook the question of man's 'being' inevitably leads to refusing the pos ...[text shortened]... for the dignity of every human person from the moment of conception to natural death."
    What does the Poop say about Twinkies?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 01:03
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    What does the Poop say about Twinkies?
    "While the Church does recognize homosexuality as disordered, this does not mean that the Church is uncompassionate to those who suffer from the disorder."

http://www.catholic.com/library/gay_marriage.asp
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 01:30
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The St. Gildard's Convent enshrines the uncorrupted body of St. Bernadette (Bernadette Soubiroux):

http://bretagne.air-nifty.com/anne_de_bretagne/images/nevers1.gif
    How old is she? That looks like one hell of an embalming job.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree