1. CA, USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:22
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i say that intelligence causes atheism out of personal experience. almost all intelligent kids in my school who are the goody-goods who make 100s and get mad when they get a 99, are atheists. they are heavy thinkers who think about these things and see no proof of God's existence. i used to be young and naive and i believed in Christianity with no question but now i am not sure.
    Sounds like you're being "educated" very well.
    A couple more semesters and you'll be ready for Advanced MTV.

Intellegence should cause everyone to question Gods existence.

Ignorance, frustration, arrogance and piss-poor teachers are the things that will cause schoolchildren to leap all the way to atheism.

Atheism is the end of line for logical thought. One must "know everything" to be a true atheist .. not likely for schoolchildren. The arrogance is their, the knowledge and experence sadly lacking.

Most schoolchildren "become atheists" just to rebel and piss off Mom and Dad.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:24
    Originally posted by jammer

Ignorance, frustration, arrogance and piss-poor teachers are the things that will cause schoolchildren to leap all the way to atheism.

Atheism is the end of line for logical thoug ...[text shortened]... acking.

What a load of tosh.

This from the religious nut who abhors education.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:28

Atheism is the end of line for logical thoug ...[text shortened]... acking.

That's just a load of bollox.
  4. CA, USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:33
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    What a load of tosh.

This from the religious nut who abhors education.
    Very logical argument teacher.

I'm not Christian or any other religion.

I'd call atheists "religious nuts" myself, extremely arrogant (like you)
    Anyone that claims to "know everything" can be discounted out of hand IMO
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:37
    Originally posted by Starrman
    That's just a load of bollox.
    Wow, two snappy comebacks in a row from the "I know everything" wing .. what a surprise.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:42
    Very logical argument teacher.

I'm not Christian or any other religion.

Anyone that claims to "know everything" can be discounted out of hand IMO
    Haha, I love this.

You claim "Anyone that claims to "know everything" can be discounted out of hand IMO" yet in your previous statement claimed to know why people become atheists!

Umm, I hate to point this out, but atheists don't believe in God, and hence can't be "religious nuts".

You claim not to be religious, yet your posts ALL presuppose that God exists. For example, you claim that atheists are "religious nuts" yet, if you don't belong to a religion and don't believe in God, well, you're an atheist.

Seriously man, the holes in your particular brand of logic are gaping.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:50
    Wow, two snappy comebacks in a row from the "I know everything" wing .. what a surprise.
    The ridiculous nature of your post deserves nothing more.
  8. CA, USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 11:14
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Haha, I love this.

You claim "Anyone that claims to "know everything" can be discounted out of hand IMO" yet in your previous statement claimed to know why people become atheists!

[b]I'd call atheists "religious nuts" myself, extremely arrogant (like you)

Umm, I hate to point this out, but atheists don't believe in God, and hence can't ...[text shortened]... heist.

Seriously man, the holes in your particular brand of logic are gaping.
    You're the one that claims to know everything not me.

I'm still searching myself. I do believe in a higher-power than me .. call it God if you like. Notice I say I believe it NOT I know.

Yes, I discount your opinion out of hand, my reason being I don't believe that you know everything. As a matter of fact, I doubt you know much of anything outside of your own scientific specialty. Sort of an idiot savant with a monster ego.
    Dime a dozen .. teachers. Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Don't claim to know why people become atheists, just posted my opinion .. again, you're the one that claims to know everything, not me.

I call atheists religious nuts for a reason. Your God is you, you worship that little mind that you claim knows everything.

Like many i've met before you .. i'd like to buy you for what your worth and sell you for what you think you're worth.
    Instant wealth.

Seriously man, ego is one thing .. self worship quite another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree