1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 04:32
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    i know noboby would dispute it, but they don't support as much as is needed.
    Yes, it's very sad. I, myself was abused as a kid. Not by either my parents or by any religious groups. Happily, I did tell my dad, and it stopped happening.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 04:36
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Yes, it's very sad. I, myself was abused as a kid. Not by either my parents or by any religious groups. Happily, I did tell my dad, and it stopped happening.
    Sorry to hear about it. Glad to see you had the right support. I am very confident the abuser will receive their proper recompense.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 04:46
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Sorry to hear about it. Glad to see you had the right support. I am very confident the abuser will receive their proper recompense.
    Cheers man. Yeah, these things happen; can't let it get you down though.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 06:401 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    i know you don't think much of God and that, but the man i was talking about was running a talk show on a Christian radio station here in N.Z. it's on sunday evenings, i think 96.3 fm.
    i don't listen to it much nowdays, but one of the things i heard him talking about was how he had to forgive his stepdad. i don't think he could forgive fully what had happened to him, but even partial forgiveness is a step in the right direction.

punnishment should be payable to those who have abused or raped. everyone knows this.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 07:08
    i was living with a woman for a long period of time who had been raped a number of times as a child. i was like the first person she told about it and it made the relationship very hard. i would try to get in there, to talk about it and try and help her out. it was like a space that would eat out her insides, but a space you could not enter or you would have hell to pay. sometimes it is best not to talk about these types of things with some people or it can just make things worse. eventually i think she did manage to partially forgive the person, but so much pain, so many tears.
  6. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 01:48
    Confusing Catholics with Christians is a common mistake.
    The pope is called "Antichrist" in the Bible, implying that his religion is the opposite to Christianity. The best way for Catholicism to achieve its objectives is to attempt to bear a resemblance to Christianity, this is where the confusion commonly arises.
    Christianity and Catholicism are two separate religions, the main difference is Christians worship Christ, Catholics worship a whole host of other things (Virgin Mary, Saints etc.)
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 02:12
    Originally posted by princeoforange
    The pope is called "Antichrist" in the Bible, implying that his religion is the opposite to Christianity. The best way for Catholicism to achieve its objectives is to attempt to bear a resemblance to Christianity, this is where the confusion commonly arises.
    Christianity and Catholicism are t ...[text shortened]... ians worship Christ, Catholics worship a whole host of other things (Virgin Mary, Saints etc.)
    The tricky thing about Catholics is that they will deny all of this.
  8. London
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 09:321 edit
    Christianity and Catholicism are t ...[text shortened]... ians worship Christ, Catholics worship a whole host of other things (Virgin Mary, Saints etc.)
    The pope is called "Antichrist" in the Bible

Really? Where?

The best way for Catholicism to achieve its objectives is to attempt to bear a resemblance to Christianity

Try reading the Apostolic Fathers some time. No, really.

Catholics worship a whole host of other things (Virgin Mary, Saints etc.)

Really? No one told me! 😠 And all this time I thought Catholics were just asking Mary and the Saints to pray for them (much as you would ask a friend or family member "Pray for me" )...
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 15:31
    Hey Prince, what did I tell you?
  10. London
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 15:44
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    The tricky thing about Catholics is that they will deny all of this.
    There's nothing "tricky" about it. If it's false, it will be denied. As simple as that.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 17:41
    You sound eerily like a Jack Chick tract. Just a coincidence, to be sure.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 17:42
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    [b]The pope is called "Antichrist" in the Bible

Really? Where?

The best way for Catholicism to achieve its objectives is to attempt to bear a resemblance to Christianity

Try reading the Apostolic Fathers some time. No, really.

Catholics worship a whole host of other things (Virgin Mary, Saints etc.)

Really? No one told ...[text shortened]... Saints to pray for them (much as you would ask a friend or family member "Pray for me" )...[/b]
    Much as I try to stay out of the NT these days, here are the only verses that mention antichristoi

NRS 1 John 2:18 Children, it is the last hour! As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. From this we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7 Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh; any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist!

Now, I am sure glad to find out this refers to the Pope and his legions, as otherwise I would’ve thought myself a prime candidate. 😉 Of course, I am sure the antichrists go by other names as well; you just have to know what they are. The same is probably true for scriptural references to the Pope.*

Interesting about that phrase “it is the last hour.” The Greek reads eschate ora estin. Now I am not good at Greek at all, but this is how the Barclay-Newman lexicon defines ora:

“moment, instant, occasion; time, short indefinite period of time; hour of the day (i. e. a twelfth part of the period between sunrise and sunset, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter than 60 minutes)”

The verb estin is in the present tense, and so means something like is now happening. Of course, you know I don’t read the Bible literally.

* Well, no scriptural references to the Pope, and Rome only appears as a place name. But, again as you know, I am seldom content with the “plain reading” of the text. I suspect both the Pope and Rome are encoded in the following passage. But I am, of course, denied access to the secret decoder ring, and I don’t know what the rules for midrash are vis-à-vis the NT, so....

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
    10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
    12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
    13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Well, I’m sure I’m intruding where I’m not wanted, so I’ll back off and let you Christians and Catholics sort it out.

[sarcasm intended, whether express or implied]
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 17:56
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You sound eerily like a Jack Chick tract. Just a coincidence, to be sure.
    Chick Tracts are the GREATEST things ever. I get as giddy as a little boy on Christmas when some nut hands me two or three of them on the street. I will usually ask them if I can have more.

One of my favourites I've read recently is "The Gay Blade".

Check it out: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0084/0084_01.asp
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:03
    Oh man, this one is superb!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0024/0024_01.asp
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:04
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Chick Tracts are the GREATEST things ever. I get as giddy as a little boy on Christmas when some nut hands me two or three of them on the street. I will usually ask them if I can have more.

One of my favourites I've read recently is "The Gay Blade".

Check it out: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0084/0084_01.asp
    The organization is a little to the right of the far, far, far right. According to them, any English translation other than the 1611 KJ Version is anathema.
    Me thinks they protesteth too muchth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree