1. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 21:25
    the chinese will one day get to mars on their own and set up a total chinese establishment. the members will all surely be party members, part of the military in some fashion and without religion. this will be on purpose in order to create stability.

possibly the only religion the chinese will allow on mars will be a chinese version of bhuddism.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 05:40
    @mister-moggy said
    the chinese will one day get to mars on their own and set up a total chinese establishment. the members will all surely be party members, part of the military in some fashion and without religion. this will be on purpose in order to create stability.

possibly the only religion the chinese will allow on mars will be a chinese version of bhuddism.
    Mars is 34,000,000 miles away and I will be dead by then so I couldn’t care less what they do there.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 07:21
    @mister-moggy said

Will they spell it that way, too?
  4. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 11:101 edit
    @Suzianne

it is the most correct spelling at 2:oo a.m..

the bhudda said there are three things that not long be hidden, they are the moon, the sun and the truth.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 11:53
    @mister-moggy said
    @Suzianne

it is the most correct spelling at 2:oo a.m..

the bhudda said there are three things that not long be hidden, they are the moon, the sun and the truth.
    Well the first two have never been hidden and the third is subjective. Clearly if Buddha was in this forum his comments of this nature would be scrutinised and found wanting.

On a side note; I percieve all this pontification on Buddhism you see from various people on the net to be a bit of a showy-sham. Sort of...Ooh look at me I’m really deep and together and right-on.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 13:50
    @mister-moggy said

Prophet mister-moggy?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 13:59
    @divegeester said
    Well the first two have never been hidden and the third is subjective. Clearly if Buddha was in this forum his comments of this nature would be scrutinised and found wanting.

On a side note; I percieve all this pontification on Buddhism you see from various people on the net to be a bit of a showy-sham. Sort of...Ooh look at me I’m really deep and together and right-on.
    Truth is subjective?

God is immutable > Jesus is God > Jesus is The Truth.

Entirely objective.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 14:51
    @secondson said
    Truth is subjective?

God is immutable > Jesus is God > Jesus is The Truth.

Entirely objective.
    You need to look up subjective vs objective in a dictionary.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 15:59
    @mister-moggy said

Chinese Buddhism sure is spelled funny.

Personally, I prefer Chinese Cristhianity.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 16:56
    @mister-moggy said

Wait............wut?

Religious Chinese Martians?

I know I've been away from this forum for a while but did I miss something?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 19:561 edit
    @whodey said
    Wait............wut?

Religious Chinese Martians?

I thought, for one, you'd be right onboard with this.

It's at least as whacky as most of what you write, I figured it would be right down your alley, except you'd probably give reasons why we need to fear this.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 20:06
    @divegeester said
    You need to look up subjective vs objective in a dictionary.
    There's something wrong with you.

You said truth was subjective. I proved you wrong.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 20:08
    @whodey said

No. But there's quite a few who do.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 02:28
    @secondson said
    Speculation and conjecture about - and faith in ~ supernatural beings, supernatural phenomena and supernatural explanations is inherently subjective. And there is nothing wrong with that. However, attaching the label "objective" to the religious "truths" you have faith in is a misuse of the word and it serves only as a kind of intensifier signalling your sincerity or certainty or fervour.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 05:56
    @secondson said
    There's something wrong with you.

If only this forum was the youth group at your church then perhaps we would all be convinced by you forthright waffling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree