1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Mar '10 16:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    interesting since Charles Russell has been dead for almost one hundred years, how do you suppose he speaks?
    Dead and gone, true. But while here, he started down so many completely different paths it was as if he was several people. Truly a well-spring of diversity.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 14:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Dead and gone, true. But while here, he started down so many completely different paths it was as if he was several people. Truly a well-spring of diversity.
    i find this sort of disengagement a little unnerving 🙂
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 19:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Some dont. Some do alot of charitable work. Christ will judge that.
    But that too is just playing it safe. If they really believed Jesus they would do as he said not give mere tokens just in case.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 19:35
    The words of Christ is sufficient for me.. not that I am discarding anything said by anyone. Its just that I personally choose to stick with Christ' teachings and those of Paul who enlarged on what Christ taught.
    But how do you know whether or not the Pope enlarged on what Christ and Paul taught?
    And why just Paul? Didn't any of the other disciples enlarge on what Christ taught?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 20:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But how do you know whether or not the Pope enlarged on what Christ and Paul taught?
    And why just Paul? Didn't any of the other disciples enlarge on what Christ taught?
    Neither do I know whether the DaiLama enlarged on what Christ or Paul taught, or the JWs outside my gate for that matter. Who cares? Whats your point.

I told you before Christ said to follow his commandments. I will stay with that advice.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '10 21:16
    Neither do I know whether the DaiLama enlarged on what Christ or Paul taught, or the JWs outside my gate for that matter. Who cares? Whats your point.

I told you before Christ said to follow his commandments. I will stay with that advice.
    why dont you take this advice in obedience to Christs command,

(Matthew 28:19-20) . . .Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 04:551 edit
    Who cares? Whats your point.
    Let me remind you of your first post in this thread:
    "Even more useless than a chocolate teapot is someone who draws conclusions from the Bible without quoting some Bible authority.

So since we talking about Grace and Salvation, lets have some supporting quotes from Jesus Christ -- the sole authority on the matter."

Now first of all you stated that anyone who drew a conclusion without quoting the Bible was practically useless. However, you now admit that this is not the case as they could conceivably have received a message from God via some other means. Thou I realize they may be useless to you due to your stubborn refusal to listen to Gods message unless it was recorded in the New Testament, that shouldn't make it useless in general as others may be more open.

Secondly, you claimed Christ was the sole authority on the matter. Now lets look at the real reason why you made this post. You must have been disputing the original posters claims. Therefore you challenged him to provide supporting verses quoting Christ. However, you were challenging him because A) you believe there are no supporting verses from Christ and/or b) that there are verses from Christ that contradict his claims.
    However no contradictory verses have been forth coming from you, and surely if you knew of any you would have been quick to post them. It is interesting that according to your post this makes you more useless than a chocolate teapot.
    So, since you didn't know any verses that contradict the original poster, we must assume that on the topic in question, Jesus did not state an opinion. Therefore he cannot be the highest authority on the matter as he is not an authority on the matter not having weighed in at all. We must therefore look to others for an opinion. But you foresaw that problem and tried to avoid it with your claim about Christ being the sole authority (which you have since withdrawn).

That was my point. Does anyone care? Maybe not, I never quoted from the Bible so maybe I am just as useless as a Chocolate teapot.
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 12:59
    As an aside, it has been demonstrated that it is possible to make a pot of tea in a chocolate teapot:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/kitchenscience/exp/how-useless-is-a-chocolate-teapot/

so a chocolate teapot is not quite as useless as the saying suggests.

--- Penguin.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 15:19
    Originally posted by Penguin
    As an aside, it has been demonstrated that it is possible to make a pot of tea in a chocolate teapot:

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/kitchenscience/exp/how-useless-is-a-chocolate-teapot/

so a chocolate teapot is not quite as useless as the saying suggests.

--- Penguin.
    I had not heard the phrase before this thread.

I would eat a chocolate teapot as the chocolate is of more value to me than the ability to make tea.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 21:27
    I had not heard the phrase before this thread.

I would eat a chocolate teapot as the chocolate is of more value to me than the ability to make tea.
    That was my thought, too. How can anything made of chocolate be useless? It just isn't useful for making tea, but that's true for most things.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Mar '10 11:362 edits
    Let me remind you of your first post in this thread:
    [b]"Even more useless than a chocolate teapot is someone who draws conclusions from the Bible without quoting some Bible authority.

So since we talking about Grace and Salvation, lets have some supporting quotes from Jesus Christ -- the sole authority on the matter."

Now first of all you state aybe not, I never quoted from the Bible so maybe I am just as useless as a Chocolate teapot.[/b]
    Interesting analysis. But its like gibberish to my Christian mind. I dont need to produce Biblical evidence to a Bible-reading Christian that Christ is a far greater authority than any other person, and that includes Paul. The Pope in my mind is just another person, a leader of a religious sect and as human and as fallible as they come. What he says is of no relevance to me and what I believe. I said that there may be others who are sent or inspired by God in since the advent of Christ and Paul, but I also said that I dont know who they are.

Yes I did challenge KM because I know for a fact that nothing Christ said supports his theory that grace (they way many Christians interpret grace) is a more practical and workable theology. So its up to him to demonstrate why he thinks that and prove from the Bible that its approved first by Christ and then explained by Paul. In one of my posts I explained to KM, my interpretation of grace, but he did not respond so the discussion ended there.

And here is the crux of the problem with us discussing anything .. you are a self-proclaimed atheist and I am a self-proclaimed follower of Christ. We will never see eye to eye on anything pertaining to faith, belief and the doctrine of Christ. Becuase whereas you will demand proof of all statements before accepting them as truths, I accept the teaching of Christ as a truth and a fact without question and without requiring proof. Condemn my apparent stupidity all you like .. that fine by me.

Like I already mentioned I dont really get involved in threads pertaining to atheism. This thread is for Bible-believing Christians, or so I thought. I have no real interest in discussing amything with atheists. Nothing personal at all. I read many of your posts. I simply have very little to contribute that you will appreciate, as is demonstrated by this exchange we had in this thread.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Mar '10 11:49
    Interesting analysis. But its like gibberish to my Christian mind. I dont need to produce Biblical evidence to a Bible-reading Christian that Christ is a far greater authority than any other person, and that includes Paul.
    Then you must be according to your own post, "Even more useless than a chocolate teapot".

Yes I did challenge KM because I know for a fact that nothing Christ said supports his theory that grace (they way many Christians interpret grace) is a more practical and workable theology. So its up to him to demonstrate why he thinks that and prove from the Bible that its approved first by Christ and then explained by Paul.
    Why? Are you claiming that for any possible claim, if Christ does not specifically approve, and Paul doesn't explain, then it is false? Or only claims about God? Or only Theologies?
    Clearly Christ does not contradict Knightmeisters theology or you would have said so.

In one of my posts I explained to KM, my interpretation of grace, but he did not respond so the discussion ended there.
    But your interpretation is equally unsupported by Christ or you would have already introduced it here as evidence against knightmeisters claims.

We will never see eye to eye on anything pertaining to faith, belief and the doctrine of Christ.
    Probably not.

Becuase whereas you will demand proof of all statements before accepting them as truths, I accept the teaching of Christ as a truth and a fact without question and without requiring proof. Condemn my apparent stupidity all you like .. that fine by me.
    But that is not what I take issue with. I am not criticizing your faith, I am criticizing your lack of logic, self contradiction and unwarranted criticism of knightmeister for not quoting the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree