1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 11:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God does not measure time outside of time. How stupid is that? God is not stupid like some men.
    sorry r.j. but im afraid if anybody is being 'stupid' its your good self. think of it this way - if you have 1 minute to live, you are going to be a lot less patient than a person who has 80 years to live.

if you exist outside of time, then time becomes irrelevant, 1 second has as much value as 1 hour or 1 year. patience is a measurement related to time and thought. i.e. how much of your valuable time are you willing to give up waiting for something to happen. if you have eternal time, it is impossible to be patient. simples.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:021 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    sorry r.j. but im afraid if anybody is being 'stupid' its your good self. think of it this way - if you have 1 minute to live, you are going to be a lot less patient than a person who has 80 years to live.

if you exist outside of time, then time becomes irrelevant, 1 second has as much value as 1 hour or 1 year. patience is a measurement related to t ...[text shortened]... ng for something to happen. if you have eternal time, it is impossible to be patient. simples.
    We Christians have a hope of the resurrection to an eternal life in paradise, where time is of little importance. Have you made the right choice in this temporary life?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:22
    We Christians have a hope of the resurrection to an eternal life in paradise, where time is of little importance. Have you made the right choice in this temporary life?
    well now, thats a whole different topic. my answer is - no im not sure, i would be a fool to be sure about anything. if it turns out your god is the real god then im pretty confident that im a better person than him and i would enjoy the opportunity to tell him what a f'up he is.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    well now, thats a whole different topic. my answer is - no im not sure, i would be a fool to be sure about anything. if it turns out your god is the real god then im pretty confident that im a better person than him and i would enjoy the opportunity to tell him what a f'up he is.
    Perhaps one day you shall have that opportunity if you earnestly pray for it.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:40
    Perhaps one day you shall have that opportunity if you earnestly pray for it.
    praying to the dude who i have beef with seems slightly crazy, especially as i would prefer that they didnt exists.

r.j. if you were cryogenically frozen and awoken in 10,000 years time and god had not shown up in that time would you stop being a christian?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree