1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 11:14
    @secondson said
    Sonship has quoted his sources tens of thousands of times.

That he believes what his sources say and "regurgitated" those beliefs again in his own words is no crime.

I've read your own regurgitated posts. You say the same things constantly.

Most of the stuff you and your shadow say in response to your pet detractors is regurgitated in these forums thread after thr ...[text shortened]... ddress the content of the topics being discussed.

Whatever. You're free to say anything you want.
    You asked for "an example of where sonship presented an idea that was not his own". I answered.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 11:16
    @secondson said
    I've read your own regurgitated posts. You say the same things constantly.
    My ideas and my responses are my own. I almost never post any YouTube clips or quote texts. There is no "Watchman Nee" or "Witness Lee" figure whose ideas provide the content for what I post.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 11:47
    @secondson said
    I recommend you give an example of where sonship presented an idea that was not his own.
    You mean apart from this entire thread?!
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 14:21
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You mean apart from this entire thread?!
    Finally someone knows what I mean! 😉

I realize for you it's different. You don't believe what sonship is talking about. So I can understand your point of view. For me it's not so much about disagreeing with what sonship says as it is about how he says it.

But that's sonship's style, and I don't see how deriding him personally about it serves any purpose. Not saying you did that, but some do.

I've challenged sonship a time or two about this or that when I felt he had strayed from the text, and we simply let it lie and agreed to disagree.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:024 edits
    @FMF

My ideas and my responses are my own. I almost never post any YouTube clips or quote texts. There is no "Watchman Nee" or "Witness Lee" figure whose ideas provide the content for what I post.

You're not all that original FMF. The whole maneuver about " I lack belief" is so copied and hackneyed from pop atheists as to invoke yawns.

You came, you saw, and you copied others.

Now the subject here is Christ - the Place of Redemption. And since you lack belief in most anything the Bible says, why are you here, to remind us? We got it. You lack belief in God.

Trolling, derailing, personalizing stuff as usual.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:09
    @sonship said
    ou're not all that original FMF. The whole maneuver about " I lack belief" is so copied and hackneyed from pop atheists as to invoke yawns.

You came, you saw, and you copied.
    No you are mistaken. I'm not copying anything. I am not copying anyone.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:11
    @SecondSon

I've challenged sonship a time or two about this or that when I felt he had strayed from the text, and we simply let it lie and agreed to disagre

When did I stray from the text of the Bible?
    I don't recall being challenged about straying from the text of the Bible.

Sorry.

I do remember on some matter of interpretations, not making it a matter of insisting on agreement.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:16
    @FMF
    No you are mistaken. I'm not copying anything. I am not copying anyone.

Firstly, I think you imitate.
    Secondly, following others in expression is not in and of itself always wrong.

The stupidity of complaining about following others is like not wanting to learn chess openings which have long been utilized, named, and found effective.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:24
    @sonship said
    @FMF
    Firstly, I think you imitate.
    No. You are mistaken. I am being myself. Genuinely so. I am not imitating anyone.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:26
    @sonship said
    The stupidity of complaining about following others is like not wanting to learn chess openings which have long been utilized, named, and found effective.
    SecondSon asked for examples of you posting the ideas of other people. So I answered him.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:28
    @sonship said
    Secondly, following others in expression is not in and of itself always wrong.
    I am not "following" anyone. I am not "imitating" anyone. I am not "copying" anyone. I don't know any "pop atheists". You are mistaken.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:28
    I didn't think anyone was interested to read.

For you who read ... and CARE` ... Paul treated Christ as the place of redemption saying God set him forth a propitiatory cover.

Then the writer of Hebrews being in that realm encourages others to "COME FORWARD". You see the writer was already there.

"Let us come forward to the Holy of Holies with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water." (Heb 10:22)

Coming into God's presence is definitely coming forward in life. "Let us come forward", the writer says. The context is coming forward to the real Holy of Holies to meet with God at the propitiatory place.

He is repeating the same thing said in chapter 4. But there is is coming forward to "the throne of grace" .

Let us therefore come forward with boldness to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace for timely help." (Heb. 4:16)

Yes, I have opened before me as always, a copy of the Bible.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 15:37
    Christ being a place is an unusual concept. But when Jesus died on the cross God saw to it that the concept was understood.

His death opened the way into the Holy of Holies in the temple.

The intervening viel which separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies was torn from top to bottom. This showed that the seperating barrier was riven by the death of the Lord Jesus for man's redemption.

It was torn not from the bottom up as if man had done it. But it was torn from the top down to the bottom, clean in two - implying strongly that the ripping in two of the barrier was from God, from heaven.

"And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and dismissed the spirit.

And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom, and the earth was shaken and the rocks split." ( Matthew 27:51,52)

Christ's death opened the way for sinners to be forgiven in order to come forward into the presence of God at the place of propitiation.

Many times when I touch God in prayer, I remember that a great price was payed by the Lord Jesus Christ, that I may be able to do so - to come forward before God.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 16:00
    @secondson said
    Finally someone knows what I mean! 😉

I realize for you it's different. You don't believe what sonship is talking about. So I can understand your point of view. For me it's not so much about disagreeing with what sonship says as it is about how he says it.

But that's sonship's style, and I don't see how deriding him personally about it serves any purpose. ...[text shortened]... s or that when I felt he had strayed from the text, and we simply let it lie and agreed to disagree.
    I have no problem with sonship posting stuff that I disagree with. (Indeed, it would be mighty boring if people only expressed opinions her that I was in agreement with).

No, the only issue here is sonship posting material that clearly isn't his own and yet for which he gives no reference to his source. (Yes, it's a safe bet that it comes from either that Witness or Watchan chap, but he still needs to acknowledge so).

Passing stuff off as your own (or pretending it 'comes from memory' ) is unadulterated plagiarism and poor form pretty much everywhere. (And as you rightly indicate, sonship often strays from the text meaning even the Watchman and Witness chap wouldn't be at all happy with the way their work is being treated).
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    04 Feb '19 16:07
    @sonship said
    @SecondSon

I've challenged sonship a time or two about this or that when I felt he had strayed from the text, and we simply let it lie and agreed to disagre

When did I stray from the text of the Bible?
    I don't recall being challenged about straying from the text of the Bible.

Sorry.

I do remember on some matter of interpretations, not making it a matter of insisting on agreement.
    You're right. "Strayed" is too strong a word. I do apologize. It was a matter of interpretation as you say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree