1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 23:34
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What I said didn't hold water. I need to reformulate it. I'm consulting with my posse of Liberation Theologists now.
    gulp, i can hear the cannons being loaded 🙂
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 23:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i do not deny this Deucer, indeed I cannot remember why i cited the passage, or the train of thought that was in my mind at the time. You speak truth!

However it is evident from scripture that Christ was essentially a teacher, first and foremost with all these others aspects taking a secondary place to his role as a teacher!
    I really enjoy this passage, and the other references to Mary and Martha. I find those two women facinating, especially how they foils of each other. Both Mary and Martha are devoted to Christ, yet they express it in very different ways.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The most significant way to remember Christ is stated in Matt 25. I say its the most significant becuase its the one way which determines whether you get salvation or not. People remember Christ in many ways, - by thinking, by praying, by communion and by reading the Bible. Not many remember Christ in the way He asked us and in the way that leads to salvatio ...[text shortened]... d these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [/quote]
    The judgment in Matthew 25 is a specific judgment and should not be confused with the last judgment.

This judgment in Matthew 25 is of living nations or living Gentiles who remain on the earth at the end of the time of the great tribulation.

These nations did not know who Christ was. They Are judged according to how they treated a third group of people in the passage, the least of the Lord's brothers.

Therefore there are three parties in this judgment:

1.) Sheep to be transfered into the millennial kingdom

2.) Goats to be sent to the lake of fire.

3.) The least of these, the Lord's brothers.

The least of the Lord's brothers are not included in either the sheep or the goats. They are the third catagory. And the way they were treated by those living people of those nations is a factor as to whether people of those nations are to go into the millennial kingdom or perish in the eternal fire.

It is fine to apply the prinicple of merciful acts to people. But the interpretation of the passage is that this is not the last judgment of all mankind at the great white throne recorded in Revelation 20. Rather at the end of the great tribulation when Christ establishes His throne in Jerusalem, the living nations left on the earth, who passed through the reign of Antichrist, will be designated either sheep to receive mercy or goats to be condemned.

Their behavior towards the persecuted Christians and persecuted Jews is a determining factor. The persecuted Christians and Jews under Antichrist are "the least of these My brothers".

Therefore, how one who does not know who Jesus Christ is, treats suffering and persecuted Christians and Jews, will be very important now and even more during the last years of this age before the millennial kingdom.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 23:50
    Originally posted by duecer
    I really enjoy this passage, and the other references to Mary and Martha. I find those two women facinating, especially how they foils of each other. Both Mary and Martha are devoted to Christ, yet they express it in very different ways.
    Yes they are wonderful passages, great humanity, Christs tears, the difference in characters . What do you think the lesson we can infer from the differences between Mary and Martha are, if any?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:00
    gulp, i can hear the cannons being loaded 🙂
    No, no, it's 'canon', not 'cannon.'
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:02
    Yes they are wonderful passages, great humanity, Christs tears, the difference in characters . What do you think the lesson we can infer from the differences between Mary and Martha are, if any?
    Martha was as deeply faithful as Mary. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she ran out to meet him and bring himto the tomb of Lazarus, meanwhile Mary stayed at home. They are different personalities, Christ values them both. Mary wants to listen and learn; and is predisposed to extravagant gestures, Martha seems wise and hard working. Jesus makes clear that Mary has a right to choose the way in which she serves, and that Martha can chose (and has already chosen) as well.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:11
    Originally posted by duecer
    Martha was as deeply faithful as Mary. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she ran out to meet him and bring himto the tomb of Lazarus, meanwhile Mary stayed at home. They are different personalities, Christ values them both. Mary wants to listen and learn; and is predisposed to extravagant gestures, Martha seems wise and hard working. Jesus makes clear ...[text shortened]... choose the way in which she serves, and that Martha can chose (and has already chosen) as well.
    rather interestingly Christ stated that on another occasion Mary had chosen 'the better portion'.

(Luke 10:38-42) . . .Now as they were going their way he entered into a certain village. Here a certain woman named Martha received him as guest into the house.  This woman also had a sister called Mary, who, however, sat down at the feet of the Lord and kept listening to his word.  Martha, on the other hand, was distracted with attending to many duties. So, she came near and said: “Lord, does it not matter to you that my sister has left me alone to attend to things? Tell her, therefore, to join in helping me.”  In answer the Lord said to her: “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and disturbed about many things.  A few things, though, are needed, or just one. For her part, Mary chose the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her.”
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The judgment in Matthew 25 is a specific judgment and should not be confused with the last judgment.

This judgment in Matthew 25 is of living nations or living Gentiles who remain on the earth at the end of the time of the great tribulation.

These nations did not know who Christ was. They Are judged according to how they treated a third group of peo ...[text shortened]... mportant now and even more during the last years of this age before the millennial kingdom.
    Regardless, its the Judgment Christ is going to carry out at his second coming. Wont you say that the details of the judgment expressed in Matt 25 should be of concern to all of us ?
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 01:02
    rather interestingly Christ stated that on another occasion Mary had chosen 'the better portion'.

(Luke 10:38-42) . . .Now as they were going their way he entered into a certain village. Here a certain woman named Martha received him as guest into the house.  This woman also had a sister called Mary, who, however, sat down at the feet of the Lord ...[text shortened]... just one. For her part, Mary chose the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her.”
    Its not the better of two functions, but the better choice for Mary, because she followed her heart. Christ was making it plain to Martha that it wasn't for her to decide how Mary would express herself spirtually. notice he didn't tell Martha to stop scrubbing pots and sit down did he? For Martha, serving others was serving Christ.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 03:07
    Regardless, its the Judgment Christ is going to carry out at his second coming. Wont you say that the details of the judgment expressed in Matt 25 should be of concern to all of us ?
    Yes. All Scripture is profitable for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be fully equiped for every good work.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 05:39
    I agree and would go so far as to say that its the substance of what both Christ and Paul taught. You can have all the faith in the world and have all the gifts of prophecy (like the Jws 😀) or all the knowledge, but if you dont demonstrate love and charity to your neighbour, you are nothing.

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of ...[text shortened]... nd now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
    Faith and Works
    James 2:14-16

14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

Manny
  12. England
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 10:21
    There are some churhes that preach that the works referred to by Christ in Matt 25 are just 'filthy rags'. So the churches themselves have become teachers of doctrines which lead the innocent people astray.
    then again its up to the individual to enter not the church
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 10:24
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Yes. All Scripture is profitable for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be fully equiped for every good work.
    There is only one positive end result of all spiritual activity, and that is to acheive salvation. Any other outcome means you have failed, and you are just chaff blowing in the wind. Its critical therefore to pay close attention to the words of Christ as to how his going to judge. All scripture cannot be as important as the words of Christ.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 12:033 edits
    There is only one positive end result of all spiritual activity, and that is to acheive salvation. Any other outcome means you have failed, and you are just chaff blowing in the wind. Its critical therefore to pay close attention to the words of Christ as to how his going to judge. All scripture cannot be as important as the words of Christ.
    It is also important to ascertain -

How Christ will be judge not only of the dead but of the living as well.
    How Christ is faithful to all His brothers down to the least of them.
    How Christ considers Himself one with His brothers.
    How Christ will preserve His brothers through such a troubled time.
    How Christ will have a throne of glory on this earth someday.
    How Christ will restore the kingdom prepared from the foundation of the world.

Here's a very good one - How some people will enter into eternal life who did not know about Christ.

How eternal damnation was prepared for the Devil and his angels and not originally for man.

The lessons are endless probably, to the one who returns to Scripture again and again with an opened heart.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What I said didn't hold water. I need to reformulate it. I'm consulting with my posse of Liberation Theologists now.
    Call Obama's spiritual advisor Jim Wallace. In fact, I have the number with me.

Just call, 1-800-barakthemessiah

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree