1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 07:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently not.
    She also seems not to have read the bit where sonship decribed her god as being glorified by the suffering of billions of people hung out on chains, burning forever, as a warning to beings living on other planets.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 10:021 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The difference is that Eladar and cheney supplant the entire concept with their bizarre misappropriations.
    And sonship doesn't?

What about his beliefs that there are beings on other planets witnessing the carnage in eternal hell as a warning to them?

What about his belief that the unsaved will glorify God in their eternal suffering?

You just side-step his weird cultish thinking for one simple unprincipled reason....he's your buddy.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So all this is just your attempt to call him out for 'misguided pomposity'? That's merely a function of your unbelief, flavored by the similar method of others in this forum to use particular words for their unfriendly impact, despite the greasy smile that delivers them.

Yes, I, too, believe that the omission of a single word is entirely unimportant, e ...[text shortened]... inition as a reminder to what it actually means, versus the meaning people wish to load onto it.
    What about sonship calling me a liar for claiming he said these wierd things and then not having the simple grace to admit it and apologise when I bothered to trawl through the reams of his stuff and find it - verbatim as I'd claimed he had said it?

Are you ok with that behaviour from him? Because you wouldn't accept it from me. That is being unprincipled
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 20:548 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What about sonship calling me a liar for claiming he said these wierd things and then not having the simple grace to admit it and apologise when I bothered to trawl through the reams of his stuff and find it - verbatim as I'd claimed he had said it?

Recently I asked you to find the quotation, because ... I knew what discussion you were referring to. I did not say there were no words of mine which caused you to make your opinion of strange teaching.

So I said in essence - "I know what you are referring to in your twisted manner. Go find it."
    And you provided the link.

Then I copied and pasted the exact words so everyone could see what you were referring to. In doing this I claimed of course responsibility for the post.

Since multiple times I have clarified where you exaggerate ie. (never said "space aliens" )
    and since I gave biblical support that showed such ideas were not that outlandish, I call your continued hammering on them lying.

It is the lie of sensational and repeated exaggeration.
    It is the lie of promoting your viewpoint as if I never demonstrated a rebuttal.

1.) I never insisted as a central Bible tenet that "space aliens" exist.
    2.) It is not strange to believe "other worlds" may exist when God creates a new heaven and a new earth (Rev. 21,22).
    3.) I do not make an insistence that other worlds will exist then either. But it is not weird to suspect that they might.
    4.) The expression of "eternal bonds" or eternal chains was written in the New Testament in relation to certain punished angels.
    5.) Passages show deterrence by way of warning are seen in the Bible.

So since you ignore these comments and just repeat your caricature to give the impression of my total whacked out concept about space aliens, I call your grandstanding as lying.

Don't boast that you found the verbatim quote because I knew what you meant and ASKED you to go find it. I took the initiative to paste it in rather than link it so that it could be seen by all verbatim.

In a debate there is both refutation and there is rebuttal.
    What I call disingenuous of you is your acting like there has been no rebuttal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree