1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 07:001 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy?

One of my favorites.

The movie gives us a sobering glimpse into the future... over a long period of time, the sophisticated, educated suburbanites quit propagating because they don't have time for children. Meanwhile, the rednecks keep spittin' out kids by the millions. Finally, the entire country is run by red n in Dixie and that's where my heart will always be, though I hang my hat in Texas for now.
    No I never seen it. However, that reminds me of the time I had a leak in the upstairs bathtub U-trap and it was leaking down from the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. I cut a hole in the ceiling and cut out a section of a empty plastic Shout bottle that my wife had thrown away and duct taped it to catch any leaking water. I found an old washing machine hose that would screw on the screw cap end of the Shout bottle. I then routed the hose so it emptied any water coming from the leak in the upstairs bathtub into the downstairs bathtub. Problem fixed. No plumber needed. A few years later I did finally call a plumber, who laughed at it, as he called it a genius idea.

P.S. I guess you could call that redneck plumbing.
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    30 Sep '12 07:031 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No I never seen it. However, that reminds me of the time I had a leak in the upstairs bathtub U-trap and it was leaking down from the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. I cut a hole in the ceiling and cut out a section of a empty plastic Shout bottle that my wife had thrown away and duct taped it to catch any leaking water. I found an old washing machine ...[text shortened]... hed at it, as he called it a genius idea.

P.S. I guess you could call that redneck plumbing.
    Genius indeed! I love it!!!!! You deserve a "shout out" for that!
  3. Heaven
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 11:071 edit
    i feel all need to be weary of patrioticism! it's never about a country, & there's no such thing as a christian country! there may be weeds visiting and attending church meetings, but it is known who planted those. may we know grace in every moment when dealing with weeds, knowing who the BEST gardener is!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 04:55
    Originally posted by dunetwo
    i feel all need to be weary of patrioticism! it's never about a country, & there's no such thing as a christian country! there may be weeds visiting and attending church meetings, but it is known who planted those. may we know grace in every moment when dealing with weeds, knowing who the BEST gardener is!
    You stepped on a goatshead there my friend.

These U.S. pilgrims ,hogwashing their christianity with their U.S. ideals is just ... hogwash

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree