1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 20:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Why would I use Romanian as a pejorative? 😕

Read the post again.

Edit - Oh, and if they're not after attention, why pick THIS funeral? They could have picked from hundreds of funerals that wouldn't give them this attention.
    I did read and then reread it and edited my post, you saw the pre edit post.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 20:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I did read and then reread it and edited my post, you saw the pre edit post.
    Cool.

You don't think the problem here is more about harassment than free speech?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 20:40
    Cool.

You don't think the problem here is more about harassment than free speech?
    Of course its harassment. I don't even think they say a word, just present themselves with nasty signs, I think, never had the mispleasure to attend one.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 21:10
    Of course its harassment. I don't even think they say a word, just present themselves with nasty signs, I think, never had the mispleasure to attend one.
    let's try and discuss this. why is it harassment? who decides what is and what isn't ? how do you prove it? how do you argue in court for it? how would a law that assigns this case as harassment sound?

let's say the father of the dead child calls the police. accuses the subhumans of harassment. what is his proof? "they harass me because i am unhappy of them being here". how does he prove he is unhappy? and let's say that he is successful in all this and the subhumans go to jail and pay huge piles of money in damages. what next? could a guy standing at home sue cnn for showing murders in the middle east and thus causing him mental anguish?

do you not think the aholes having spouted that kind of hate countless times researched what is permitted and what is not? don't you think they took measures to make sure they are on public property? that their signs point to catholics in general and not the particular catholic?

what you are saying is inapplicable in reality without a very large law being passed that could later be interpreted in all kinds of ways.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 21:15
    Sad to see you view your own nationality as a pejorative. I don't.

Seriously, the sheer amount of stupidity that oozes from your posts is remarkable.
    i don't believe you didn't use it as a pejorative. there is a slight difference. of course, there could be the possibility you were writing without thinking. you do seem to do that a lot.

you are like a child that twists everything someone else says until it sounds as he wants. i am quite proud of being romanian. just in this particular case there was no need to mention that. or are you that stupid to not realize it?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 21:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    let's try and discuss this. why is it harassment? who decides what is and what isn't ? how do you prove it? how do you argue in court for it? how would a law that assigns this case as harassment sound?

let's say the father of the dead child calls the police. accuses the subhumans of harassment. what is his proof? "they harass me because i am unhappy of ...[text shortened]... thout a very large law being passed that could later be interpreted in all kinds of ways.
    As it turns out, there is a law being worked through Arizona legislature to just that: Prevent these like you say, subhumans, from coming within 300 feet of a funeral.
    I think that should be the law everywhere.

And any feeling person would call it harassment to desecrate a funeral like that. What would be the difference if these so-called humans came to the graveyard site and did there thing a week after the funeral ceremony?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 21:32
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
    "It is headed by Fred Phelps and consists mostly of members of his large family"
    why do you think it is relevant what a lone nutjob does? do you consider the actions of 20 or so people are representative of a bigger group, say christians? do you just randomly post hate and if so, are we to expect you po ...[text shortened]... make with this thread.

you should read the link in my thread "atheist and believers".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 22:06
    As it turns out, there is a law being worked through Arizona legislature to just that: Prevent these like you say, subhumans, from coming within 300 feet of a funeral.
    I think that should be the law everywhere.

And any feeling person would call it harassment to desecrate a funeral like that. What would be the difference if these so-called humans came to the graveyard site and did there thing a week after the funeral ceremony?
    exactly, there you go. look at it from another point. you dont deny their right to freedom of speech but you decide that the cemetery is off limits. maybe even say you are tresspassing if you are not attending a funeral yourself. it can be abused as well but at least no censorship occurs.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 22:161 edit
    i don't believe you didn't use it as a pejorative. there is a slight difference. of course, there could be the possibility you were writing without thinking. you do seem to do that a lot.

you are like a child that twists everything someone else says until it sounds as he wants. i am quite proud of being romanian. just in this particular case there was no need to mention that. or are you that stupid to not realize it?
    I'm sure you don't believe it, but that just shows how delusional you are.

I'm curious, what does it mean to use Romanian as a pejorative? What did I intend when I wrote Romanian (according to your little mind)?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 23:40
    thnx for the morning news sonhouse,zahlanzi and palynka. Beats the morning paper.
    I really dont know how Zahlanzis ehnicity came into it. Well I do ,but perhaps Palynka could used some other way to get his point across. Perhaps not.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 01:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    thnx for the morning news sonhouse,zahlanzi and palynka. Beats the morning paper.
    I really dont know how Zahlanzis ehnicity came into it. Well I do ,but perhaps Palynka could used some other way to get his point across. Perhaps not.
    he probably meant it as an insult which is lost on me as i am quite proud to be romanian and couldn't care less if some ignorant ahole has an issue with that. he used the phrase "thick romanian friend". after using an adjective that i doubt refers to my roundness in the waist, it is unlikely the second adjective is meant as a positive encouragement.

"i believe he is really thick, but lucky for you, you are romanian so feel good about that".

or he likes to just throw words around in which case he has a speech and/or lack of intellect problem.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 01:22
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
    gruesome read. but i don't like horror stories much.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 03:33
    he probably meant it as an insult which is lost on me as i am quite proud to be romanian and couldn't care less if some ignorant ahole has an issue with that. he used the phrase "thick romanian friend". after using an adjective that i doubt refers to my roundness in the waist, it is unlikely the second adjective is meant as a positive encouragement.

"i ...[text shortened]... to just throw words around in which case he has a speech and/or lack of intellect problem.
    Yes, thats more or less the way I intepret it, but since Palynka has displayed some intelligence in the past, I will wait for his response before I totally condem him. It doesn't read well for him though, no matter whatever sort of point he was trying to make.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree