1. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:27
    This is especially for the Christians on the RHP, but others may be interested. I'm now one of the moderators on the Logic Discussion Board at http://www.christianlogic.com/forums/

The sites purpose is to provide a place where Christians can learn and talk about logic. You don't have to be a Christian to participate - as long as you don't go in there to bash people. Only rational and respectful discussions permitted. If you go in and start trashing people - I'll put the kibosh on you right quick! 🙂

If you feel the desire to bash logic or Christians - you can do that here.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:38
    Originally posted by Coletti
    This is especially for the Christians on the RHP, but others may be interested. I'm now one of the moderators on the Logic Discussion Board at http://www.christianlogic.com/forums/

The sites purpose is to provide a place where Christians can learn and talk about logic. You don't have to be a Christian to participate - as long as you don't go in there ...[text shortened]... ou right quick! 🙂

Christian Logic - an oxymoron if ever there was one!
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 06:55
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Spiritual Whine!
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 09:16

The sites purpose is to provide a place where Christians can learn and talk about logic. You don't have to be a Christian to participate - as long as you don't go in there ...[text shortened]... ou right quick! 🙂

If you have such a site is it going to be as open as this thread.
  5. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 18:52
    Originally posted by howardgee
    OK howardgee - you're banned! 🙂
  6. Forgotten
    Moves
    10 Nov '05 18:55
    OK howardgee - you're banned! 🙂
    so i guess i am ip blocked there already lmao
  7. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 23:492 edits
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    If you have such a site is it going to be as open as this thread.
    Nope. I'm chopping threads and trashing posts right and left! (Especially left.) 😠

The Logic Discussion Board is open to rational and respectful discussions.

From the lack of new trolls joining the site, I've come to the "inductive" conclusion that no one from this site has joined the Logic Discussion Board. 😀

But truly there are some intelligent people here that only lack a formal understanding of logic.

It's a shame that logic is no longer taught in schools to any but philosophy majors. I think this is due to a historical assault on reason that has infected philosophy to the degree that many schools deny that knowledge is even possible (much less probable). The absurdity of any philosophical system that denies reason is laughable. But it is a sad fact that you'd be hard pressed to find even a high-school curriculum that has formal logic as an elective course. And the typical college graduate does not know a proposition from a preposition.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 00:17
    Nope. I'm chopping threads and trashing posts right and left! (Especially left.) 😠

From the lack of new trolls joining the site, I've come to the "inductive" conclusion that no one from this site has joined the Logic Discussion Board. 😀

But truly there are some intel ...[text shortened]... ective course. And the typical college graduate does not know a proposition from a preposition.
    You crack me up. You are a total poser when it comes to logic. Your abilities in the field are limited to parroting various phrases that you see used at Christian Logic. I have yet to see one sensible instructive post from you on the matter. Anybody who is truly versed in critical thinking can see right through your pretense. Do you still cling to the idea that opinions are propositions with truth values, and that their essence is a lack of knowledge about the object of the opinion?
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 00:381 edit
    http://www.christianlogic.com/forums/topic720.html&start=0

"Logic, without wisdom, is an effort to outprove, outwit, or outsmart someone who may not be wise enough to do as the logical person SHOULD have done with their knowledge.

This is not to suggest that suppression of truth or supplied knowledge is the key to wisdom, but rather, that with knowledge comes one of two things: arrogance (the eagerness to show it off) or wisdom (the patience to know when and how to present it)."

MercyBreeze, Logic discussion board.

10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 00:59
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

"Logic, without wisdom, is an effort to outprove, outwit, or outsmart someone who may not be wise enough to do as the logical person SHOULD have done with their knowledge.

This is not to suggest that suppression of truth or supplied knowledge is the key to wisdom, but rather, that with know ...[text shortened]... yBreeze, Logic discussion board.

This is logical blasphemy. Logic is no such thing.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 01:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This is logical blasphemy. Logic is no such thing.
    .... lol ...... 😛
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 01:23
    Hrothgar isch obermedenger! Hrothgar nitleibe gegenspechtel eist Hozdatwerke voor eist Logik!
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 04:04
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    You crack me up. You are a total poser when it comes to logic. Your abilities in the field are limited to parroting various phrases that you see used at Christian Logic. I have yet to see one sensible instructive post from you on the matter. Anybody who is truly versed in critical thinking can see right through your pretense. Do you still cling ...[text shortened]... ith truth values, and that their essence is a lack of knowledge about the object of the opinion?
    I hold that propositions have truth values and declarative sentences like "chocolate tastes good" have a propositional meaning - which has a truth value. It is technically incorrect of me to say the "chocolate tastes good" is a proposition - it is a declarative sentence.

A proposition is the meaning of a declarative sentence. The meaning of "chocolate taste good" in propositional form may be "the-chocolate-taste-" is "a-good-taste" - or it could be phrased: all (chocolate-tasting-things) are (good-tasting-things). This is a proposition in the A-form - All P are Q. Logic dictates that "All P are Q" is either true of false, but not both. Logic does not tell us which it is, only that it must be true or false.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 04:21

But truly there are some intel ...[text shortened]... ective course. And the typical college graduate does not know a proposition from a preposition.
    "It's a shame that logic is no longer taught in schools to any but philosophy majors. I think this is due to a historical assault on reason that has infected philosophy to the degree that many schools deny that knowledge is even possible (much less probable). The absurdity of any philosophical system that denies reason is laughable. But it is a sad fact that you'd be hard pressed to find even a high-school curriculum that has formal logic as an elective course. And the typical college graduate does not know a proposition from a preposition."

Too right it is a shame.
    The result is that you get a horde of ignorant people believing everything written in a book thousands of years ago and voting for Bush!
  15. Not Kansas
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 04:59
    Let's suppose there is a group of people, let's call them oh I dunno-Christians! Ya that's it, Christians.
    Let's furthur suppose that they believe that a man called Jesus was the one foretold in some writings by an earlier group, let's call them oh I dunno-Jews! Ya, that's a good name, nice ring to that one.
    Anyways, these Christians split off from the parent Jew tribe a long time ago and believe that Jesus is the same as God. The Jews say "no, sorry, the Chosen One hasn't appeared-yet"
    The Christians pick and choose some of the parent organization's writings, add some more of their own and create a book. They believe this book to be the absolute, pure WORD OF GOD. All other views, words and so forth are dismissed as "pagan", "heresy", "myth" or lies.
    This is accepted for thousands of years because the mass of people can't read or write; these skills are confined to a select few, including the keepers of the book. Well, they have to able to read to tell the masses about the book, don't they?
    Time passes, more and more people learn to read and scholars discover that other, older peoples have remarkably similar stories to the Jewish group in their traditional lore. It begins to look as if the parent group, the Jews, may have gotten their stories from an even older group, let's call them the Sumerians.
    EGAD, what now? The Sumerians were "pagan" and their stories are "myth"!
    Well, logically, you would expect the Christians to go "Whoops, looks like we were a bit hasty here, maybe those other people had an idea after all, maybe God really is wider-spread than we thought."
    But, after painting oneself into a corner for thousands of years, it's gonna be difficult.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree