1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 22:14
    Christian Maturity

A principle to remember is that as Moses glory faded over time as a result of seeing the Shekinah Glory, the uniqueness of the Church Age

believer is that his glory increases over time as he continues to mature as the result of being taught absolute truth from the Living Word.

Comments?

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Christian Maturity

A principle to remember is that as Moses glory faded over time as a result of seeing the Shekinah Glory, the uniqueness of the Church Age

believer is that his glory increases over time as he continues to mature as the result of being taught absolute truth from the Living Word.

Comments?

.[/b]
    its an interesting point GB, clearly Paul speaks of a Christian progressing towards
    maturity,

(Hebrews 6:1) . . .For this reason, now that we have left the primary doctrine about
    the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying a foundation again, namely,
    repentance from dead works, and faith toward God,

and would appear to come to the Christian through the exercise of the faculty of
    conscience and like you say, 'feeding', upon Gods word.

(Hebrews 5:14) . . .But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through
    use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

The analogy of course is a 'well trodden cattle path', but never the less, in order for
    such 'solid', food to percolate to the heart, the seat of motivation, reflection and
    meditation is essential for maturity me thinks, and that in turn means 'buying out',
    time for it.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 23:57
    [b]Christian Maturity

Comments?

.[/b]
    This is one reason we, as Christians, must fight against the evolution lies of Satan by presenting the truth of the creation of God.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 01:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is one reason we, as Christians, must fight against the evolution lies of Satan by presenting the truth of the creation of God.
    Do you really have to fight (against 'evolution'😉?

And if so, who would you start attacking first?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 01:13
    There is far more to being a Christian than to be a one-trick-pony, my friend.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 02:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'll let you take care of the other tricks for now. Go to it.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 02:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Proof the Earth is about 6000 years old:

YouTube

No refutation yet. Still waiting.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 02:122 edits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72h2R4FO0k

Hey!! stop posting this same link everywhere. I suspect most dont want to give you any more refutations because they are sensible people and know better than to waste their time re-responding to a self-professed young earth creationist/stick my fingers in my ears because it's the words of satan-type guy, like you.

So stop spamming and keep your question in the thread reserved for it ...
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 04:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Hey!! stop posting this same link everywhere. I suspect most dont want to give you any more refutations because they are sensible people and know better than to waste their time re-responding to a self-professed young earth creationist/stick my fingers in my ears because it's the words of satan-type guy, like you.

So stop spamming and keep your question in the thread reserved for it ...
    You aint the boss of me.

YouTube

10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 07:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 11:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its an interesting point GB, clearly Paul speaks of a Christian progressing towards
    maturity,

(Hebrews 6:1) . . .For this reason, now that we have left the primary doctrine about
    the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying a foundation again, namely,
    repentance from dead works, and faith toward God,

and would appear to come to th ...[text shortened]... is essential for maturity me thinks, and that in turn means 'buying out',
    time for it.
    Yes, systematically if not daily.

12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 11:155 edits
    [b]Christian Maturity

Comments?

.[/b]
    Encreased maturity is not simply a matter of being "taught" mentally more and more. There is a Pauline passage about "always learning, yet never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7) .

Christian maturity lies in transformation of thinking and living. As Paul said "It is no longer I that live, but it is Christ the lives in me." (Gal. 2:20)

It is also definitely a mtter of encreased love and building up with other Christians because it is a corporate Body that God is growing. building up on oneness and blending with other believers is a indication too of encreased maturity.

But just the encrease of teaching, the encrease of more and more knowledge may not be any indication of spiritual growth.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 11:28
    Yes, systematically if not daily.

there are some many distractions me thinks dear GB, no one can see a proper
    reflection in water that is disturbed 🙂
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 12:013 edits
    The single best book to date, that I personally know of, outlining the process of Christian growth is The Experience of Life by Witness Lee.

Amazingly, step by step, he brings the reader to understand the process of growing in Christ. There are many such books. No one has read them all, probably. This one, I found, was one of the best.

Here are the chapter headings and outlines:

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?xid=YVB876961LIIB

( No, I am not trying to sell books. )
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 12:08
    (John 17:3) . . .This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only
    true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree