1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 10:32
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the only reasons that cows exist is to make hamburgers out of them.
    Cows give milk. It's the other gender that ends up on the grill.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 11:45
    Btw, I would support changing the title of this thread from "Christian nonsense" to "Vedic nonsense".
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Cows give milk and make babies. It's the other gender that ends up on the grill.
    Bah, I replied to my own post accidentally.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 12:26
    I say eat, drink and be Mary (if that's the way you are) for tomorrow we die and if per chance that happens in a secluded area it will likely be animals that eat us. Hey what goes around comes around eh?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 14:10
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A Christian in this forum has defended his animal slaughtering and meat eating by saying QUOTE: ...... "My God says not to murder."......instead of thou shalt not kill.

For about 1600 years more or less, the Bible has said "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

Now remember Moses brought the granite stones down from the mountain with the 10 commandments carved into the s ...[text shortened]... ir lusty tongues..

In Christianity sense gratification comes first above their Lords command.
    When it talks about murdering are killing that's other humans
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 14:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Cows give milk. It's the other gender that ends up on the grill.
    That is not entirely correct.
    Some cattle are raised for beef. The females may be kept longer as they produce calves, but ultimately they too get slaughtered for beef.
    Some cattle are kept for dairy. Their calves of both sexes are slaughtered for meat. Again both sexes are slaughtered. In some cases there will be a bull kept for breeding purposes and he might outlive the dairy cows which also do get slaughtered for meat once their milk production drops too much.
    My guess that a typical hamburger is equally likely to have meat from either sex.
  7. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 17:29
    One thing I don't get. I've been told that before "the fall", lions, tigers, t reges, and all other predators sat around in the company of their human friends, smelling flowers and consuming lettuce (or something like that). So I take it that's the kind of world god wanted. It seems to me then, that to not even try to resist your meat eating urges would make you lose favour in god's eyes, yes? Just throwing it out there to any christian whom it may concern. Also, blessed is xe who walk around naked with a dumb look on xyr face. Let me get my camera.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 19:00
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A Christian in this forum has defended his animal slaughtering and meat eating by saying QUOTE: ...... "My God says not to murder."......instead of thou shalt not kill.

For about 1600 years more or less, the Bible has said "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

Now remember Moses brought the granite stones down from the mountain with the 10 commandments carved into the s ...[text shortened]... ir lusty tongues..

In Christianity sense gratification comes first above their Lords command.
    Moses ordered massive numbers of executions after he came down from that mountain.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 22:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is not entirely correct.
    Some cattle are raised for beef. The females may be kept longer as they produce calves, but ultimately they too get slaughtered for beef.
    Some cattle are kept for dairy. Their calves of both sexes are slaughtered for meat. Again both sexes are slaughtered. In some cases there will be a bull kept for breeding purposes and he ...[text shortened]... ops too much.
    My guess that a typical hamburger is equally likely to have meat from either sex.
    I was speaking generally, but you do have a point. Either way, "getting grilled" is not the prime function of most cows, though.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 22:50
    Originally posted by C Hess
    One thing I don't get. I've been told that before "the fall", lions, tigers, t reges, and all other predators sat around in the company of their human friends, smelling flowers and consuming lettuce (or something like that). So I take it that's the kind of world god wanted. It seems to me then, that to not even try to resist your meat eating urges would make ...[text shortened]... n. Also, blessed is xe who walk around naked with a dumb look on xyr face. Let me get my camera.
    In that world then, why were there predatory animals in the first place? Everyone singing Cumbaya and sniffing flowers? Just what was IN those flowers anyway?

The whole society must have been drugged for a predator like a lion would go around mewing Cumbaya and sniffing flowers.

What did this predator eat?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 23:04
    Originally posted by C Hess
    One thing I don't get. I've been told that before "the fall", lions, tigers, t reges, and all other predators sat around in the company of their human friends, smelling flowers and consuming lettuce (or something like that). So I take it that's the kind of world god wanted. It seems to me then, that to not even try to resist your meat eating urges would make ...[text shortened]... n. Also, blessed is xe who walk around naked with a dumb look on xyr face. Let me get my camera.
    After the flood, God added all living things to the diet of mankind.
    "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man's brother I will require the life of man."

(Genesis (:3-5 NASB)
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 16:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]After the flood, God added all living things to the diet of mankind.
    "Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man's brother I will require the life of man."

(Genesis (:3-5 NASB)[/b]
    So that is the genesis of the Jewish restriction on food. Drain the blood and you can eat meat. It looks to me like that verse meant you were not to eat things while they were alive, kill then first.
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    13 Aug '15 17:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]After the flood, God added all living things to the diet of mankind.

(Genesis (:3-5 NASB)[/b]
    Does this mean that I must overcook my steak?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 01:19
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Does this mean that I must overcook my steak?
    I order my steaks very well done. 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So that is the genesis of the Jewish restriction on food. Drain the blood and you can eat meat. It looks to me like that verse meant you were not to eat things while they were alive, kill then first.
    Certainly, you are not to eat animals while they are still alive, but you are not to drink or eat the blood either.
    Just as a gazelle or a deer is eaten, so you will eat it; the unclean and the clean alike may eat of it. Only be sure not to eat the blood, for the blood is the life, and you shall not eat the life with the flesh. You shall not eat it; you shall pour it out on the ground like water.

(Deuteronomy 12:22-24 NASB)

"Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood."

(Acts 15:19-20 NASB)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree