1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:321 edit
    A Christian in this forum has defended his animal slaughtering and meat eating by saying QUOTE: ...... "My God says not to murder."......instead of thou shalt not kill.

For about 1600 years more or less, the Bible has said "THOU SHALT NOT KILL."

Now remember Moses brought the granite stones down from the mountain with the 10 commandments carved into the stone.

Carved by the finger God, the Ten Commandments said: Thou Shalt Not Kill................and the rest etc.

Now all this time for over 1500 years, there have actually been thousands of scholars who have poured over these writings' and so they have been put up to the highest scrutiny possible.

However because Christianity has been harassed by the animal rights groups for operating slaughter-houses for cows and pigs and goats and chickens etc., then the Church has changed Gods commandment Thou Shalt Not Kill into Thou Shalt Not Murder.

This change.....happened maybe 30 to 40 years ago.

Without the animal rights groups breathing down the necks of the Christians...................now the Christians' everywhere can slaughter as many animals as they like and eat meat to their impure hearts content.

More nonsense from the Christians to defend their animal slaughtering ways, and the most shocking offence of changing the word of their God to satisfy their lusty tongues..

In Christianity sense gratification comes first above their Lords command.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:39
    Originally posted by Dasa
    A Christian in this forum has defended his animal slaughtering and meat eating by saying QUOTE: ...... "My God says not to murder."......instead of thou shalt not kill.

Now remember Moses brought the granite stones down from the mountain with the 10 commandments carved into the s ...[text shortened]... ir lusty tongues..

Dasa, God says that it's okay to eat meat.

There are many, many debates in the Bible, but.....this one is very far down on the list.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 04:42

Now remember Moses brought the granite stones down from the mountain with the 10 commandments carved into the s ...[text shortened]... ir lusty tongues..

Are you suggesting that the Hebrews in Mose time did not eat any meat or kill any animals?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:122 edits

These are various Hebrew to English translations of Exodus 20:13 were Moses recorded the murder commandment from God.

New International Version
    "You shall not murder.

New Living Translation
    "You must not murder.

English Standard Version
    “You shall not murder.

New American Standard Bible
    "You shall not murder.

King James Bible
    Thou shalt not kill.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Do not murder.

International Standard Version
    "You are not to commit murder.

NET Bible
    "You shall not murder.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    "Never murder.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Thou shalt not murder.

English Revised Version
    Thou shalt do no murder.

World English Bible
    "You shall not murder.

Young's Literal Translation
    'Thou dost not murder.

Jesus makes the translation clear in the Greek New Testament by saying "Do not Murder" in all cases and it is translate "murder" even in the King James Version.

King James Bible
    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, . . .
    (Matthew 19:17-18 KJV)
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]These are various Hebrew to English translations of Exodus 20:13 were Moses recorded the murder commandment from God.

New International Version
    "You shall not murder.

New Living Translation
    "You must not murder.

English Standard Version
    “You shall not murder.

New American Standard Bible
    "You shall not murder.

King James Bible
    T ...[text shortened]... ry, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, . . .
    (Matthew 19:18 KJV) [/quote]
    Not sure why those verses are relevant?

God said it was okay to kill and eat animals.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 05:28
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Not sure why those verses are relevant?

It is relevant because Dasa is referring to a wrongly translated verse from Hebrew to English taken from the King James version of the Old Testament. Certainly murder means to kill, however this is referring to the commanments from God as how man is to treat other people, not animals. Dasa does not understand that.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 06:101 edit
    God also said it was OK to kill other people in certain circumstances - as penalty for a long list of crimes, and in wars.

If I recall correctly, Dasa believes in the death penalty too.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 09:021 edit
    Dasa, God says that it's okay to eat meat.
    On what basis do you make this claim about what "God" supposedly says [about eating meat] bearing in mind what you asserted recently on page 7 of Thread 164613, which was that "...our Bible is BS" and "Our Bible is false, and man made". If, as you assert, the Bible is "false" and "man made", how is it you are able to make claims about what "God" says or doesn't say?
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 09:28

i will say this again on the subject of eating meat:

YouTube
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 09:47

Do you hold the truth found in the Bible truth you agree with and acknowledge we should
    live by it? If you say no, than why bring the Bible up in this discussion about food since you
    do not believe in the Bible's truth? I can quote scripture on why I believe it is okay, if you
    read them will you then submit to the truth that it is okay to eat animals? If you reject the
    truth of Bible as being real, why try to bind someone to error?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 10:04
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you hold the truth found in the Bible truth you agree with and acknowledge we should live by it? If you say no, than why bring the Bible up in this discussion about food since you do not believe in the Bible's truth? I can quote scripture on why I believe it is okay, if you read them will you then submit to the truth that it is okay to eat animals? If you reject the truth of Bible as being real, why try to bind someone to error?
    This is a Spirituality Forum and not a Christianity Forum, so I think Dasa is permitted to criticize your ideology and promote his own, don't you think? It would be odd if you were to prevail in restricting who discusses the ideology propagated by Christians to those who subscribe to the Bible. There would be no benefit to the community to be had from seeking to limit discussion in such a way, would there?

I would have thought Christian carnivores could attempt a bit of outreach to non-Christian herbivores based on some aspect of your spirituality, no? For example, how do your Biblical principles affect your attitude to how animals are treated when they are still alive and how they are processed into food? Perhaps there can be some modicum of common ground that you can find with people of different faiths and with different spiritual mind maps?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 15:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you suggesting that the Hebrews in Mose time did not eat any meat or kill any animals?
    I think Dasa may only believe that part where food dropped from heaven. 😏
  13. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 15:52

really love a good chew on the lamb of god mmm mmmm
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 23:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would have thought Christian carnivores could attempt a bit of outreach to non-Christian herbivores based on some aspect of your spirituality, no? For example, how do your Biblical principles affect your attitude to how animals are treated when they are still alive and how they are processed into food? Perhaps there can be some modicum of common ground that you can find with people of different faiths and with different spiritual mind maps?[/b]
    Carnivores and herbivores are fanatical religious extremists as where omnivores are moderate level headed people of faith. 😛
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 23:46
    Originally posted by redbadger
    really love a good chew on the lamb of god mmm mmmm
    MMMM.

Leg of lamb.

With mint jelly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree