1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 03:51
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Not sure why those verses are relevant?

God said it was okay to kill and eat animals.
    God didn't say anything of the like.

The Bible is a animal slaughtering doctrine fabricated for the meat eaters and animal killers.

I cant believe I am having this discussion.

A commandment that says do not murder is the most absurd and dishonest thing I have heard in my life.

Christians are so shameless in defending animal cruelty and animal slaughtering and animal eating..................that they are below the atheists because they are using God to allow them to rationalise sin.

Can you imagine that..................God said I can sin (so I sin my little heart out)

Its shamelessly pathetic.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 03:58
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you hold the truth found in the Bible truth you agree with and acknowledge we should
    live by it? If you say no, than why bring the Bible up in this discussion about food since you
    do not believe in the Bible's truth? I can quote scripture on why I believe it is okay, if you
    read them will you then submit to the truth that it is okay to eat animals? If you reject the
    truth of Bible as being real, why try to bind someone to error?
    Why use the tiny little bit of intelligence you have to defend animal cruelty?

Instead....... why don't you use your intelligence to understand that the first thing in the life of a devotee of the Lord is, to be a living example of purity and gentleness and kindness and compassion and mercy................and SELF CONTROL.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 04:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]These are various Hebrew to English translations of Exodus 20:13 were Moses recorded the murder commandment from God.

New International Version
    "You shall not murder.

New Living Translation
    "You must not murder.

English Standard Version
    “You shall not murder.

New American Standard Bible
    "You shall not murder.

King James Bible
    T ...[text shortened]... Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, . . .
    (Matthew 19:17-18 KJV) [/quote]
    There are a billion or more Bibles from the mid 20th century still circulating, which say " Thou Shalt Not Kill"

The Christians have changed the word of their God.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 04:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There are a billion or more Bibles from the mid 20th century still circulating, which say " Thou Shalt Not Kill"

After all they are just human just like you. 😏
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 04:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Carnivores and herbivores are fanatical religious extremists as where omnivores are moderate level headed people of faith. 😛
    whereas 🙄
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 06:41

Instead....... why don't you use your intelligence to understand that the first thing in the life of a devotee of the Lord is, to be a living example of purity and gentleness and kindness and compassion and mercy................and SELF CONTROL.
    Why do you not demonstrate this 'self control' when you post to these forums?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 09:17

I asked you a simple question about your source for truth, you were using the Bible which
    is fine, but do you use the whole thing? Why would it be a source for you if you didn't?

My intelligence tells me animals are good to eat, they are also very tasty.
    My observation about animals is that they do no different to themselves.
    I don't believe animals are on the same level as humans, they have life, and as such
    should be respected, but they are also a food source.

Since you brought up the Bible, God actually gives them to us to eat in scripture.

My self control over eating animals is how much of what kind I like to eat.
    I have yet to see a source from you that would sway me suggesting that I'm wrong.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 09:18

No, that is not the case you just happen to pick one translation that supports you views.
    I'd go with all of the others unless you can speak the original language yourself and can
    by that skill set translate it so we know.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:121 edit

My self control over eating animals is how much of what kind I like to eat.
    I have yet to see a source from you that would sway me suggesting that I'm wrong.
    Would you eat a koala?

*Edit: Just to make clear, I do not have a koala upon my person which i am offering you KellyJay for consumption.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:20
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Would you eat a koala?

*Edit: Just to make clear, I do not have a koala upon my person which i am offering you KellyJay for consumption.
    Just because I can eat anything, does not mean I would. )
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:21
    Just because I can eat anything, does not mean I would. )
    Armadillo?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:24
    Armadillo?
    I'm not someone who would try anything once, but there are a few I would. Not sure
    Armadillo would be something I'd like to try unless death hung in the balance. Have
    you ever eaten it?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 10:32
    I'm not someone who would try anything once, but there are a few I would. Not sure
    Armadillo would be something I'd like to try unless death hung in the balance. Have
    you ever eaten it?
    Gave up eating meat when i was around 12, but don't think even then i was particularly adventurous in what i ate.

Should note that i do eat fish, so can't really claim true vegetarianism (or some moral high ground). With a Japanese wife, my life would be extremely difficult if i didn't eat fish.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 11:49
    God didn't say anything of the like.

The Bible is a animal slaughtering doctrine fabricated for the meat eaters and animal killers.

I cant believe I am having this discussion.

A commandment that says do not murder is the most absurd and dishonest thing I have heard in my life.

Christians are so shameless in defending animal cruelty and animal slaugh ...[text shortened]... ................God said I can sin (so I sin my little heart out)

Its shamelessly pathetic.
    the only reasons that cows exist is to make hamburgers out of them.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 11:54
    Gave up eating meat when i was around 12, but don't think even then i was particularly adventurous in what i ate.

Should note that i do eat fish, so can't really claim true vegetarianism (or some moral high ground). With a Japanese wife, my life would be extremely difficult if i didn't eat fish.
    I've thought about, but being in Texas I love the BBQ way to much. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree