Christian Rock:  Ministry or Mockery?

Christian Rock: Ministry or Mockery?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
10 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
What would Jesus do... with a pair of leather pants and two cans of hair spray?
He would set Himself on fire! Declare Solidarity with J D'ARC and *hopefully* expire.

c

Moves
10 Apr 05

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

If a musician just 'bes' who he is, then that's good enough. If he gets liked or dissed doesn't really matter. Like who you like and diss who you diss.

Live and let live, is another relevant cliche that comes to mind.

The only characteristic of anything that can be objectively judged is its degree of truthfullness. I guess that's what we're doing in a spirituality forum eh?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
11 Apr 05

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
11 Apr 05

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Apr 05

I agree that the Christian music industry and most of the music & bands are a joke. One Christian metal band that I enjoyed though was a band called tournaquett(spelling??) they were good I saw them live once & they could rock. My Christian friends do slam on me for my musical choices because I own & enjoy the metallica's and early black sabbath's and alice in chains and on & on but I got really board with the so called christian music scene they are just copying so called secular music anyway. I guess that is one of my weaknesses I like good real rock music. well anyway that is my 2cents on this issue.
menace71 (Manny)

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
See my frickin' point?
I really am a fan of good humor...honest! But I just didn't find your post funny. Sorry...guess we don't share the same sense of humor. Don't take it personally...

d

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by menace71
I agree that the Christian music industry and most of the music & bands are a joke. One Christian metal band that I enjoyed though was a band called tournaquett(spelling??) they were good I saw them live once & they could rock. My Christian friends do slam on me for my musical choices because I own & enjoy the metallica's and early black sabbath's and ali ...[text shortened]... like good real rock music. well anyway that is my 2cents on this issue.
menace71 (Manny)
Tournaquet?! Sounds real Christian to me.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by darvlay
Tournaquet?! Sounds real Christian to me.
Tourniquet was an old favorite of mine. I liked them despite the strange vocals and hopelessly fundie lyrics because their drummer is amazing.

Some of the heavier acts (Christian rock and/or metal) seem to have more uncompromising messages (their music is more 'extreme', so they are already not too concerned about getting a large following or getting rich), whereas some of the 'christian contemporary' artists tend to write fluff. Back in the 80's Kim Boyce was really big in the CC scene and you often didn't know if she was singing about god or her boyfriend. Then you had types like Amy Grant who was scorned by the fundies for crossing over into the secular industry and 'showing sexuality' in her videos.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Apr 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Tourniquet was an old favorite of mine. I liked them despite the strange vocals and hopelessly fundie lyrics because their drummer is amazing.

Some of the heavier acts (Christian rock and/or metal) seem to have more uncompromising messages (their music is more 'extreme', so they are already not too concerned about getting a large following or get ...[text shortened]... undies for crossing over into the secular industry and 'showing sexuality' in her videos.

Yeah you hit them on the nose. The drummer was great. I started looking for the cd but no luck. Maybe we need a music forum. LOL 🙂
Anyway the Christian music scene is driven by money just like any other music scene I think that is why it is a joke for the most part. Indie music always seems better Christian non-Christian whatever.
Peace out Manny

j

Moves
19 Apr 05