1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 10:53
    Before the rising of the Abrahamic religions the Western and the Eastern meditators were aware of the concepts known as Eastern Yoga and Western Yoga.
    The Eastern Yoga is the sum of Kriya Tantra, Charya Tantra, Yoga Tantra, Mahayoga, Anuyoga and Atiyoga. The Western Yoga is the mystical qblh, and there is also the Way of the Catholic Church that is based on Mantra and Bhakti Yoga.
    The Eastern Yoga was designed according to the East Dharma, and the Western Yoga was designed according to the West Dharma. And the Eastern Yoga defines “trinity” (in Sanskrit “trikaya” -kaya means body/ hypostasis/ dimension of existence) as Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya.

Trikaya is a conception used in order to ease the meditators to decipher the manifestation of the Perfect Existence within three pillars, which they somehow look like the following three existential dimensions of the Human:
    The first is “Body”, and this notion goes beyond our body itself for it is also the sole dimension of which we are all aware, the dimension that we cannot refuse its existence, the dimension that is understood as reality, as the physical world that we perceive by means of our 6 senses.
    The second is “Logos” and stands for “energy”, therefore it is a dimensional level that offers life to our physical body. This energy is linked to our respiration and to our mental/ sentimental condition, and it is called “Logos” because through respiration we produce the sounds that we use in order to communicate by means of our language.
    And the third is “Spirit”, and it is the most hidden dimension of the trikayan nature of the Human: we know that we are capable of thinking but for the time being nobody can define the origins and the nature of our thoughts.

So the nature of Dharmakaya is the void/ emptiness/ sunyata.
    The nature of Sambhogakaya is the Enlightenment.
    The nature of Nirmanakaya is the way to the Enlightenment.
    Therefore Dharmakaya is manifested at the level of Shambogakaya as clear light; and Dharmakaya is manifested at the level of Nirmanakaya as our physical universe, which is a phenomenal world -a Floating World.
    Clearly, Nirmanakaya is the mingling of the Floating World and of the Void. Sambhogakaya is the mingling of the Enlightenment and of the Void. And Dharmakaya is the mingling of the Awareness and of the Void.

Due to the above methinks the Christian Trinity is a bad copy-paste of Trikaya. So it is no mystery at all the fact that until this very moment the Trinitarian Christians are unable to explain rationally this invention of theirs whilst Trikaya is fully understandable regardless of one’s personal beliefs and religion
    😡
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:03
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Before the rising of the Abrahamic religions the Western and the Eastern meditators were aware of the concepts known as Eastern Yoga and Western Yoga.
    The Eastern Yoga is the sum of Kriya Tantra, Charya Tantra, Yoga Tantra, Mahayoga, Anuyoga and Atiyoga. The Western Yoga is the mystical qblh, and there is also the Way of the Catholic Church that is bas ...[text shortened]... irs whilst Trikaya is fully understandable regardless of one’s personal beliefs and religion
    😡
    They're quite clever, aren't they, the boys from the east?
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    They're quite clever, aren't they, the boys from the east?
    They are clever
    because they command their mind as efficiently as an ace commands his F-35 Lightning II
    😡
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:111 edit
    The Eastern Yoga is the sum of Kriya Tantra, Charya Tantra, Yoga Tantra, Mahayoga, Anuyoga and Atiyoga. The Western Yoga is the mystical qblh, and there is also the Way of the Catholic Church that is bas ...[text shortened]... irs whilst Trikaya is fully understandable regardless of one’s personal beliefs and religion
    😡
    thats why there is,and has been, a shift toward eastern thought for a while now.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    thats why there is,and has been, a shift toward eastern thought for a while now.
    Perhaps perhaps
    Perhaps😡
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:17
    it may of course have escaped your notice, the Bible is of course an eastern book.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it may of course have escaped your notice, the Bible is of course an eastern book.
    let me rephrase: there has been a trend away from mainstream christianity for some time now.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:33
    The Beatles were a popular band after all. And remain so.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:35
    let me rephrase: there has been a trend away from mainstream christianity for some time now.
    thankyou, that's better, i feel a warm glow inside now πŸ™‚
  10. England
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:43
    yes going back quite a while, people seek easy answers, or guidence but as the bible is for you to seek out and understand and is at times troublesome. they want someone to do it for them and then go with understanding.
    A similarity with taking substances the high is easy to attain but without any foundation is fragile
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 11:54
    Originally posted by stoker
    yes going back quite a while, people seek easy answers, or guidence but as the bible is for you to seek out and understand and is at times troublesome. they want someone to do it for them and then go with understanding.
    A similarity with taking substances the high is easy to attain but without any foundation is fragile
    No that aint it. Eastern thought is more complex than christian thought. No easy answers there. Only hard,hard work.
    I thought it was some christians that wanted jesus to do everything for them(?)
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 14:40
    😡
    The first transmission across ARPAnet (precursor to the internet) was "Lo." By your way of thinking, the word's origin can be traced to the internet. True? Or is more research necessary to determine the word's origin?

As it stands, the "Lo" really wasn't 'lo' as we understand it, but simply the result of the system crashing prior to the input of the entire intended word, 'login.' But how would we know that without an outside source? The outside source, in this case, were the few folks involved, eyewitnesses to the event.

Long before the eastern religions were established, pre-dating the various stories, fables and folk-lore, man spoke but one language. Knowledge which existed at that time is evident throughout the world, in every corner of the globe. For instance, the names of the constellations have been established as antediluvian, more than suggesting that a great body of knowledge existed prior to the dispersement of man.

To proffer that these ideas sprang up from the source where first found committed to written form is as naive as thinking the internet is the origin of communication.
  13. England
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 15:28
    I thought it was some christians that wanted jesus to do everything for them(?)
    yes they do, as they attend church they belive from the priests teachings of the bible, i used to in my earlier years, but the joy ive had learning and the understanding, makes me question thier version plus my own. but i belive ours is the better route tho ive only lisned to rather than read up.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 22:14
    😡
    Due to the above methinks the Christian Trinity is a bad copy-paste of Trikaya. So it is no mystery at all the fact that until this very moment the Trinitarian Christians are unable to explain rationally this invention of theirs whilst Trikaya is fully understandable regardless of one’s personal beliefs and religion.

Actually, this hardly resembles the Trinity at all. Trinitarian Christians do not believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 'dimensions' or 'ways' or 'manifestations'. They are each persons. As I explained, person in traditional Christianity is understood by action and relation, as St. Augustine explained 'In God, nothing is said to be accident, only substance and relation'. Each relation is divine, but cannot be understood as a dimension of God.

Secondly, I doubt that the charge of syncretism holds. You must prove that the Trikaya predates Christian theology and that Christian theology had contact with Buddhist thought. Given that Christian theology was centered mostly in Greece and Italy, I find that hard to believe.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 22:32
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]Due to the above methinks the Christian Trinity is a bad copy-paste of Trikaya. So it is no mystery at all the fact that until this very moment the Trinitarian Christians are unable to explain rationally this invention of theirs whilst Trikaya is fully understandable regardless of one’s personal beliefs and religion.

Actually, this hardly resemble ...[text shortened]... Christian theology was centered mostly in Greece and Italy, I find that hard to believe.[/b]
    i find it very easy to believe.

Perhaps the christians came up with the trinity independently but you cant deny the similarities.
    The beetle version is superior or at least equal to(depends on how you think) the christian version

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree