1. England
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 09:49
    untill im left in no dout im against female priests. evan Mary who has been sent with messages, as far as i know has not passed this from god. My own church has just voted for women bishops but within the church is a unrest and unease that will tear it slowly.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 15:03
    Originally posted by stoker
    untill im left in no dout im against female priests. evan Mary who has been sent with messages, as far as i know has not passed this from god. My own church has just voted for women bishops but within the church is a unrest and unease that will tear it slowly.
    But its not just the women priest thing that makes christianity sexist.... as the text of the bible will show u
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 15:361 edit
    It's fun to listen to radio preachers sermonize on which instructions in the Bible they think were meant for all times and all places, and which were merely meant for people living at the time of writing of the biblical passage. The more conservative preachers tell us that women are forever banned from headship over men, and that men are not to have long hair. The more liberal ones dismiss those things as writings meant to address some problem going on in a particular congregation 2,000+ years ago.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 15:41
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    It's fun to listen to radio preachers sermonize on which instructions in the Bible they think were meant for all times and all places, and which were merely meant for people living at the time of writing of the biblical passage. The more conservative preachers tell us that women are forever banned from headship over men, and then men are not to have long ...[text shortened]... s writings meant to address some problem going on in a particular congregation 2,000+ years ago.
    LOL Christ in a crewcut.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jul '05 15:43
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    It's fun to listen to radio preachers sermonize on which instructions in the Bible they think were meant for all times and all places, and which were merely meant for people living at the time of writing of the biblical passage. The more conservative preachers tell us that women are forever banned from headship over men, and then men are not to have long ...[text shortened]... s writings meant to address some problem going on in a particular congregation 2,000+ years ago.
    exactly....so th bible is archaioc and holding back humanities spiritual evolution
  6. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 00:291 edit
    Originally posted by dale21
    Also, Adam was not decieved, but the woman was thoroughly decieved and came to be in transgression."
    If man gives into everything his female companion wishes, in my opinion it's Adam who's the truly gullible one. 😛 (And much more childish if he can't be held responsible for his own actions [women aren't scapegoats]. 😛)
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 02:06
    Originally posted by Remora91
    If man gives into everything his female companion wishes, in my opinion it's Adam who's the truly gullible one. 😛 (And much more childish if he can't be held responsible for his own actions [women aren't scapegoats]. 😛)
    I don't know how many times I've made this point here. Apparently the guys don't want to hear this.....

8. Standard memberRemora91
    btch plz.
    Moves
    24 Jul '05 03:27
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    I don't know how many times I've made this point here. Apparently the guys don't want to hear this.....

We're just bursting their bubble, huh? 😉

And I really doubt that God is sexist. The Bible was written by humans, and probably has some personal views of people (men) threaded into it. However, should God favor one gender over the other, that's not a God I'd like to waste my time worshipping.
  9. Joined
    10 Jun '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 00:46
    Originally posted by dale21
    ha ha.
    1 timothy 2:11-14
    "let a woman learn in silence with full submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. Also, Adam was not decieved, but the woman was thoroughly decieved and came to be in transgression."

Thats simple and straight forwards enough. ...[text shortened]... , because the bible says woman arent allowed. Thats from God, all scripture is inspired of God.
    To apply one verse and establish a doctrine is suspect. The Bible isn't as sexist as many people would like to believe. Women were at the crucifixion, when the men were cowards and ran. The first witnesses of the resurrection were women, they were the first believers. Peter didn't believe, but was wrong for disbelieving. Jesus welcomed women into his group. Try reading Ephesians 5, about a man's obligation to his wife. Ephesians 5:20, Husbands love your wife even as Christ loved the church. Christ died for the church. Yes, women are to be submissive, but not slaves to the husbands. If Christianity is sexist, then other religions are more, since they force women to be covered, restict their rights. In some religions, (non-christian)the man can marry several women. If that isn't sexist, I don't know what is.
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 00:54
    Originally posted by Langtree
    If Christianity is sexist, then other religions are more, since they force women to be covered, restict their rights. In some religions, (non-christian)the man can marry several women.
    Ahh, the old "two wrongs make it right" argument. Good for you!

If that isn't sexist, I don't know what is.

Indeed.
  11. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 03:09
    I would make my wife walk three paces behind me when we are out in public.
  12. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 03:18
    I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't pick on religion in regards to it being sexist. It simply shares the same trait as every other club, group, organization, etc. that's controlled by men. Singling out religion is as easy as shooting fish in a barrell. Hell it's like *looking* at fish in a barrell.
  13. Joined
    10 Jun '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 16:44
    Originally posted by David C
    Ahh, the old "two wrongs make it right" argument. Good for you!

[b]If that isn't sexist, I don't know what is.

Indeed.[/b]
    David, Let's get to the bottom line. The Bible is not sexist, yes women are submissive, but not subservient. I think many people have jumped to incorrect conclusions concerning this issue. The God ordained hierarchy is Jesus, Man, woman. Many have left out Jesus, so of course things get confused. If human being would obey God's word, maybe issues like this wouldn't be issues. Ephesians 5, gives the ideal for the marriage relation. Perhaps, people should get serious about this, read it and obey it.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 17:53
    David, Let's get to the bottom line. The Bible is not sexist, yes women are submissive, but not subservient. I think many people have jumped to incorrect conclusions concerning this issue. The God ordained hierarchy is Jesus, Man, woman. Many have left out Jesus, so of course things get confused. If human being would obey God's word, maybe issues l ...[text shortened]... for the marriage relation. Perhaps, people should get serious about this, read it and obey it.
    And god created MAN in his image

Eve was created from Adam's rib

The bible was written by men for men in a time when sexism reigned supreme

And I'm sure if I was more studied in the bible I could pull a million other examples out of the christian hat....

I'm sory but I think sexism in christianity and most religions is an obvious fact
  15. Joined
    10 Jun '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 18:25
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    And god created MAN in his image

Eve was created from Adam's rib

The bible was written by men for men in a time when sexism reigned supreme

And I'm sure if I was more studied in the bible I could pull a million other examples out of the christian hat....

I'm sory but I think sexism in christianity and most religions is an obvious fact
    That's ok, Serendipity. I can see though that nobody wants to answer my argument concerning the marriage relationship in Ephesians 5. Jesus is the head of the marriage, the is the head, but he is also submissive to his wife, as is a the wife to the husband. It is also amusing to see how you ignored the fact that women were the first witnesses of the risen Christ. If you want to believe the Bible is sexist you may, but you ignore other passages. The man is submissive to God, do you realize that has enormous ramifications?
    It is a greater responsibility to be the husband, because you answer directly to God for you actions as a husband. Read 1 Corinthians 11, that also teaches the God ordained set up. Men are to be the godly example of love and morality, now that's something to think. Do you live up to God's demands. I know I do, because He is my savior, and He gives the strength to do that which is right. This will be my last post regarding this matter. God bless all.🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree