1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 19:24
    Originally posted by Langtree
    David, Let's get to the bottom line. The Bible is not sexist, yes women are submissive, but not subservient. I think many people have jumped to incorrect conclusions concerning this issue. The God ordained hierarchy is Jesus, Man, woman. Many have left out Jesus, so of course things get confused. If human being would obey God's word, maybe issues l ...[text shortened]... for the marriage relation. Perhaps, people should get serious about this, read it and obey it.
    Bottom line, Langs? You ain't ready for a bottom line by half. s'Ok, though...just be sure to clutch your bible and your little woman tight.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 19:48
    That's ok, Serendipity. I can see though that nobody wants to answer my argument concerning the marriage relationship in Ephesians 5.
    That's because your 'argument' contradicts itself.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    27 Jul '05 20:07
    That's ok, Serendipity. I can see though that nobody wants to answer my argument concerning the marriage relationship in Ephesians 5. Jesus is the head of the marriage, the is the head, but he is also submissive to his wife, as is a the wife to the husband. It is also amusing to see how you ignored the fact that women were the first witnesses of the ri ...[text shortened]... to do that which is right. This will be my last post regarding this matter. God bless all.🙂
    Also if christianity isn't sexist why is the christian god a patriarchal figure head?? You can pull certain passages out of the bible that argue against the sexist theme but intrinsicvally in its core its male orientated and so by contemporary standards, sexist
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 09:22
    Originally posted by dale21
    Nice post!!!!

Lets face it we need women. But the male should show love and deep respect for her as her head, as she is the weaker vessel (emotionally). But i couldnt live without a woman, tho i am at the moment :'(
    i'm glad to hear that you are a man that is emotionally stronger. the state of the world at the moment that it is in fact the other way round...

i'm a guy and let's face it, we say we are stronger, but in fact we really detached. we say that women are emotionally weaker, but i'm sure there are many more people out there who have been raised by single mom's rather than single dads.

okay, so even if those dads were emotionally strong there is significant evidence to suggest that they're not emotioanlly mature...
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 09:26
    Originally posted by wib
    Absolutely. If there has ever been a group that frightened the dickens out of men in power... it's women.

Pretty sad I had to edit that twice.
    definitely!!!!!!!!!
  6. Joined
    10 May '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 11:52
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    This is the full quote from Thomas:

114) Simon Peter said to Him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of Life." Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

not too different ...[text shortened]... rrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
    Where the heck in the bible do you read this vers? I cant find the gospel of thomas anywhere.....
  7. Joined
    10 May '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 11:55
    Sorry hadnt seen that whole contiued story, though I have to say quoting a verse thats not even in the bible to prove the bible is exist seems a little odd to me, the verse about a woman not leading is a logical one, in those times that was totally unacceptable society wise, as was a woman with her head uncovered in prayer, that has nothing to with sexism that has something to do with the culture of those countrys at that time, also nowhere in the bible doe sit say that eve was blamed for what happened and adam was, both adam and eve were cursed though in different ways if you will.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    28 Jul '05 12:05
    Originally posted by LaurensK
    Where the heck in the bible do you read this vers? I cant find the gospel of thomas anywhere.....
    The Gospel of Thomas is not included in the Christian Bible. It is known colloquially as a Gnostic Gospel, and is considered heretical. They are part of codices found at the Nag Hammadi library in the 1940's.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree