1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 06:35
    Tell me, what is christianity all about I wonder? I have no slightest idea what religion is anyway.
  2. England
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 14:08
    Originally posted by Vernon Falls
    Tell me, what is christianity all about I wonder? I have no slightest idea what religion is anyway.
    not going to hell and going to heaven. religion is the teaching by which you follow your chosen path
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 14:13
    Came in on the Titan Battleship IV last night .... huh ?
    In the customs area where you landed there is an Earth Information Centre. All the basic information about this planet is available there, including all the basic religions, so you ALFs dont go around looking odd and asking stupid questions. Someone is going to figure you out so careful what you ask.
    Dont ever ask what year it is .... big mistake. They will do tests on you in a lab.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 14:42
    Originally posted by stoker
    not going to hell and going to heaven. religion is the teaching by which you follow your chosen path
    Questioner: "Tell me what Astronomy is all about. I have no idea."

Answer Stoker Style: "Twinkle, twinkle little star. Basically that's it."
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 14:52
    Get yourself a New Testament. Start reading from the Gospel of Matthew. Do not be disappointed when you read some of the same discussions over again more than once.

Read at least through the Gospel of John and the book of Acts.

Gospel means Good News. The Good News is about how the Son of God a Man Who is God incarnated came to be our Savior and Lord and to make us like Himself - holy, righteous, with eternal life - beloved of His Divine Father.

He can give us a brand new life and God becomes our Father in a very loving, close, and intimate way.

You'll spend years diving into the unsearchable riches of wisdom in this book the New Testament. And you should read the entire Bible too for a much better backround of understanding of the Christian Gospel.

CARM stands for Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. Some of your questions can be fairly addressed at www.carm.org.

I would encourage you to start your day reading the Bible for about 20 minutes. Let reading the Word of God be the first transaction of your day if possible. When something seems to jump off the page and speak to you personally, stop. Take a little more time and pray to God about that portion that you read which seems to speak to your life personally.

Call the Son of God "Lord Jesus." Thank Him for dying for you even though you cannot see Him. He will manifest Himself to you and no one will be able to convince you that you have not met God.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 15:03
    When you read the Bible you are not only reading for mental understanding. You are reading also for spiritual nourishment. You will find that reading the Bible can feed something of a hunger within your being.

When you read the Bible you also are kind of quenching your spiritual thirst. So it is also like drinking. Your life can be changed even by passages that you do not completely understand. Muse over them. Speak them aloud as if speaking to God Himself. This is mixing your reading of the Bible with your praying.

The major obstacles between you and understanding of the Bible will be erased by confession of your sins. When you are convicted of some wrong doing before God confess it and thank Him that Christ has died to save you from sins.

The obstacles are removed in your confession of sins.
  7. England
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 15:22
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Questioner: "Tell me what Astronomy is all about. I have no idea."

Answer Stoker Style: "Twinkle, twinkle little star. Basically that's it."
    jawill the start of ones journey thro christianity is as a baby starting its life. he asked a simple question do not overload the pupil till he attains the basic, so twinkle little star
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Sep '08 20:56
    It's about having a relationship with the only living God.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 02:23
    Well, I am bit slow here. Can you guys explain to me?
  10. England
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 09:19
    Well, I am bit slow here. Can you guys explain to me?
    take time to learn, start with the commandments try to get some meaning to you in your life, then go on to the New Testament then discuss the points you have on a forum RHP but too much at its begining may confuse.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 10:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    only

basic fundamentalist christian arrogance
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 18:20
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    only

basic fundamentalist christian arrogance
    Basic fundamentalist atheist ignorance!

The Jews referred to the "only living God" centuries before there were any Christians.

All you've done here is spew forth the typical ignorant atheist dogma, which is fundamentally flawed because it is based on lies and ignorance, and further typified by their inability to discern reality.

Think before you post such slavish stereotypical nonsense.
  13. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 19:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    What killed-off all those other gods?
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 19:38
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    What killed-off all those other gods?
    What other gods? Perhaps unbelief is the answer.
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 20:00
    Originally posted by gambit3
    What other gods? Perhaps unbelief is the answer.
    If there is at least one then why can’t there be more?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree