23 Aug '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 04:52
    What is christianity like I wonder?
  2. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 04:53
    Guess it depends on who you ask? I'd say it's an oppressive religion.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 07:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 20:32
    Originally posted by Jessie Ng
    What is christianity like I wonder?
    Well, it's almost the only group in our country that is mocked and ridiculed and treated with intolerance with impunity--any other group would be rightly screaming "Discrimination!" Funny how we are told to be tolerant of others in our society, but it doesn't seem to apply to Christians.
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 20:472 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Well, it's almost the only group in our country that is mocked and ridiculed and treated with intolerance with impunity--any other group would be rightly screaming "Discrimination!" Funny how we are told to be tolerant of others in our society, but it doesn't seem to apply to Christians.
    Oh please!

I'm sure it's so horrible being in the majority and having lawmakers pander to you and to have your religion be the defacto (and some would want actual) official religion of this supposedly and intended to be secular nation.

I guess it's the cross you have to bear by being the "tortured"
    majority.

Here's the violin the christian majority gets playing for them:

Christians in this country are about as discriminated against as Romans were in the Roman empire.
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 21:121 edit
    Apparently you are screaming “Discrimination!”. That seems to be what your post is doing, anyway.

If you want to be a mocking and intolerant Christian, go ahead. You’ll find plenty of company there, too.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Sep '08 01:03
    lawyers
    movie critics
    skateboarders

C'mon. The derision Xians endure is paltry. Moreover, literalists that oppose science and mostly eschew "true religion" as James defines it get most of the derision. Meanwhile, every single President in US history mutters words like "may God--they never say Allah, nor Goddess--richly bless the United States" at the end of key public speeches.

Xians dish out most of the discrimination through all of American history, and no small amount today, yet many cry discrimination every Sunday morning and Wednesday night.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 03:50
    Hmmm we don't have ednesday night services at my church--is that a cult thingz? But even if we did, we would not be sitting 'round, discussing how the rest of the world is mean to us and needs to be force-fed the Bible. That's the false impression liberals seem to have duped others into believing. I have yet to meet a person at church who has ever accosted anyone on the street, in their home, or anywhere else and "brow-beaten" them with Bible passages and threats of eternal damnation. I think most Christians are like me---live and let live---believe whatcha want to. 'Tain't no skin off my nose either way.
    So, who's intolerant now, Bu'wheat?
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 08:331 edit
    Hmmm we don't have ednesday night services at my church--is that a cult thingz? But even if we did, we would not be sitting 'round, discussing how the rest of the world is mean to us and needs to be force-fed the Bible. That's the false impression liberals seem to have duped others into believing. I have yet to meet a person at church who has ever acco ant to. 'Tain't no skin off my nose either way.
    That's the false impression liberals seem to have duped others into believing...So, who's intolerant now, Bu'wheat?

You are. Of liberals. I'm highly liberal and you don't speak of me or about me - at all. You do speak highly to your intolerance of those you are biased against, though.
  10. Illinois
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 08:42
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Oh please!

I'm sure it's so horrible being in the majority and having lawmakers pander to you and to have your religion be the defacto (and some would want actual) official religion of this supposedly and intended to be secular nation.

I guess it's the cross you have to bear by being the "tortured"
    majority.

Here's the violin the christian m ...[text shortened]... ans in this country are about as discriminated against as Romans were in the Roman empire.
    You have a good point.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 19:23
    Originally posted by Badwater
    [b]That's the false impression liberals seem to have duped others into believing...So, who's intolerant now, Bu'wheat?

You are. Of liberals. I'm highly liberal and you don't speak of me or about me - at all. You do speak highly to your intolerance of those you are biased against, though.[/b]
    😀🙄 I have to laugh. How can someone who says "Believe whatever you want--it's no skin off my nose" possibly be intolerant? Do you just not understand the word? You seem to believe that all Christians are evangelical, and want to drag people to their respective churches. If you believe that, you are uninformed. A LOT of us do not go knockin' on doors interrupting their dinner and shoving pieces of paper into their hands. Man, have YOU been duped!
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Sep '08 20:131 edit
    Hmmm we don't have ednesday night services at my church--is that a cult thingz? But even if we did, we would not be sitting 'round, discussing how the rest of the world is mean to us and needs to be force-fed the Bible. That's the false impression liberals seem to have duped others into believing. I have yet to meet a person at church who has ever acco ant to. 'Tain't no skin off my nose either way.
    I cannot speak as a church goer or Xian of any sort, but an earlier self did all of those things, or was close friends with those that did. I was never persecuted by my professors because I worte excellent papers, but many of my friends (whose research and writing skills were deficient) told me that they were graded down for their beliefs.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 00:07
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I cannot speak as a church goer or Xian of any sort...
    Why do you write "Xian" instead of "Christian? It's a rather awkward abbreviation that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. Does the name of Christ offend you for some reason?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 02:45
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Why do you write "Xian" instead of "Christian? It's a rather awkward abbreviation that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. Does the name of Christ offend you for some reason?
    Perhaps his finger tips begin to burn as he writes "Christ" on the key pads?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Sep '08 19:49
    That's because we're the ones that are the bigots, racists, homophobes, and intolerant of everybody else. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree