1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Aug '23 16:32
    Christians - I applaud your desire the spread the good news about Jesus, but please tread lightly when interacting with unbelievers. Many Christians are too loud, too pushy, and occasionally too snobbish when trying to win over unbelievers. Scripture tells us that Jesus did none of these things, he simply told people who he was, why he was sent into the world, why he was the true path to the kingdom of heaven - then he let the people decide the matter for themselves. A lighter approach will get you farther with unbelievers. πŸ™‚
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '23 17:50
    @mchill said
    Christians - I applaud your desire the spread the good news about Jesus, but please tread lightly when interacting with unbelievers. Many Christians are too loud, too pushy, and occasionally too snobbish when trying to win over unbelievers. Scripture tells us that Jesus did none of these things, he simply told people who he was, why he was sent into the world, why he was the t ...[text shortened]... ple decide the matter for themselves. A lighter approach will get you farther with unbelievers. πŸ™‚
    Flaccid Christians are not worth engaging with.

Atheists - I applaud your desire to spread the good news of atheism but please tread lightly when interacting with believers, especially the brittle ones.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '23 18:39
    @mchill said
    Christians - I applaud your desire the spread the good news about Jesus, but please tread lightly when interacting with unbelievers. Many Christians are too loud, too pushy, and occasionally too snobbish when trying to win over unbelievers. Scripture tells us that Jesus did none of these things, he simply told people who he was, why he was sent into the world, why he was the t ...[text shortened]... ple decide the matter for themselves. A lighter approach will get you farther with unbelievers. πŸ™‚
    You sometimes come across as one of the supercilious ones.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '23 19:59
    @divegeester said
    You can add patronizing and profoundly naive.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '23 22:201 edit
    @mchill said
    What utter rubbish. Jesus did not tak any 'lighter' approach, neither did the Apostles. Clearly you are not familiar with the teachings of Jesus in the bible. You sound like a church mouse and afraid of the Pharisees. Let me know if you want me to post some words of Christ with classic insults like fool, hypocrite, blind guides, brood of vipers ... and more. Oh, and nobody is trying to win over anyone.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '23 08:30
    @divegeester said
    Not to mention rather unendearingly feeble-minded.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '23 08:41
    @mchill said
    Christians - I applaud your desire the spread the good news about Jesus, but please tread lightly when interacting with unbelievers.
    I applaud your desire the spread the good news about Jesus

Abject misanthropes like KellyJay, sonship/jaywill, SecondSon, and RJHINDS [and there have been countless others] have never had any "good news" to share to my way of thinking.

Christians going on and on and on and on and on about how "evil" everyone is and how subscribing to their ideology means people are forgiven and therefore immortal are engaging in hardcore narcissistic misanthropy rather than offering "good news".

If they were sharing "good news" they'd be talking about the joys of walking the Christian walk and anecdotes about the highs and lows of following Jesus rather than banging on and on and on and on and on about the need for ideological purity.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '23 09:551 edit
    @FMF

TU from me.

I have met many people from many different 'faiths', Christians from several denominations (Catholic, Orthodox, and various Evangelicals), Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses, and some who have escaped from sects. I have also spent time in a Buddhist monastery. I have not found Christians to be any more loving, or lovable, or honest, or authentic, or moral, or trustworthy, or charitable, or humble, or virtuous, than anyone else, and occasionally more smug ('I'm saved and you're not' ). I have never met a smug Buddhist ('I'm enlightened and you're not' ). By their fruits I come to know them.

By lightyears, the most impressive human being I ever came into contact with was the abbot of the Buddhist monastery where I spent some time, Akong Rinpoche by name.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Aug '23 12:281 edit
    Luke 3:10-11 – “What should we do, then?” the crowd asked. John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

The Bible makes it clear that caring those in need should be part of their lifestyle. Christians would much more effective at sharing the Gospel if they actually followed what was in it.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Aug '23 12:50
    @vivify said
    Luke 3:10-11 – “What should we do, then?” the crowd asked. John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

The Bible makes it clear that caring those in need should be part of their lifestyle. Christians would much more effective at sharing the Gospel if they actually followed what was in it.
    Someone once asked Gandhi what he thought of Christianity and he answered, "I think it would be a great idea."

Caring and sharing indeed. Like in Houston, eh?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 07:02
    @mchill said
    Another hit and run thread, hey?
  12. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 07:22
    @Rajk999
    Oh, and nobody is trying to win over anyone.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 11:50
    @rajk999 said
    Oh, and nobody is trying to win over anyone.
    @Sonship thought he was.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Aug '23 15:22
    @moonbus said
    @Sonship thought he was.
    Yes, and he left after he realised that he was going nowhere. Took him a decade or more and 2 accounts to figure that out.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Aug '23 20:09
    @mchill said
    Well, if Jesus had "tread lightly", then why did the "unbelievers" kill him?

Without Jesus, one is left without life itself.

Lambast away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree