1. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Aug '23 01:004 edits
    @rajk999 said
    What utter rubbish. Jesus did not tak any 'lighter' approach, neither did the Apostles. Clearly you are not familiar with the teachings of Jesus in the bible. You sound like a church mouse and afraid of the Pharisees. Let me know if you want me to post some words of Christ with classic insults like fool, hypocrite, blind guides, brood of vipers ... and more. Oh, and nobody is trying to win over anyone.
    to post some words of Christ with classic insults like fool, hypocrite, blind guides, brood of vipers .

You are 100% wrong! Christ aimed his most abrasive language (hypocrites, blind guides, brood of vipers etc.) NOT at those he was trying to teach, but at the rich Pharisees, Sadducees and others who had already rejected him, and instead choose to preach scripture to others with their air of superiority but failed to lift a finger to follow those teachings of scripture by helping the poor, needy and downtrodden.

Christ aimed his most kind and understanding words at those who felt genuinely guilty for their misdeeds, and humbly asked forgiveness.

Christ aimed his quiet, but matter of fact tone at those whom he was trying to introduce to his teachings, and the good news regarding his sacrifice for their sins, that they who believe and sincerely accept him as their savior may be saved.

Rather than tossing insults at me, I would invite you to go back and re read the scripture passages in Luke and Matthew and decide for yourself.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '23 07:10
    @mchill said

Christ aimed his most kind and understanding words at those who felt genuinely guilty for their misdeeds, and humbly asked forgiveness.

Christ aimed his quiet, but matter of fact tone at those whom he was trying to introduce to his teachings, and the good news regarding his sacrifice for their sins, that they who believe and sincerely accept him as their savior may be saved.
    Who is your OP aimed at?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Aug '23 07:41
    @divegeester said
    Who is your OP aimed at?
    I believe he meant to post it on a site where unbelievers could be 'won over' by weak Christians.

Mumsnet perhaps.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Aug '23 07:44
    @josephw said
    Well, if Jesus had "tread lightly", then why did the "unbelievers" kill him?

Without Jesus, one is left without life itself.

Lambast away.
    Indeed.

'Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.' (Matthew 21:12)
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '23 11:29
    @mchill said

Rather than tossing insults at me, I would invite you to go back and re read the scripture passages in Luke and Matthew and decide for yourself.
    Tell me some stuff you have posted from the teachings of Christ here. I dont think you have posted anything of value. You have just gone around trying to please unbelievers and false teachers and 'treading lightly', and going nowhere with that.

Thanks for your invite to re-read the bible. .. lol .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree