1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 13:04
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Show me the link Suzianne. I'd like to see what you said about [b] Romans 3. [/b]
    Egads, the Search function here sucks.

I'll try to find it.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 13:08
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Egads, the Search function here sucks.

I'll try to find it.
    Don't be too encumbered. I thought it would be interesting to see you speak to Romans 3.

At your leisure, if you ever find it, just place it anywhere or PM me.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 13:181 edit
    The assurance of eternal life from Christ to the Christian is also the assurance that everything else needed God will provide.

The success and victory of the Christians is quite related to the realization that IF God has granted him eternal life then surely all else pertaining to victory over the old life will be assured.

That is the essence of th ...[text shortened]... detriment Paul teaches it as a firm foundation for Christian hope in the daily life in this age.
    We have both read and understood the teachings of Christ and Paul.

You have concluded the following:
    - you are righteous because Jesus is righteous
    - you dont need to live righteously and do good works
    - you are saved eternally
    - no sin that you commit will be held against you
    - you have eternal life
    - not even God has the power to revoke it

I have concluded that
    - I need to continue with good works and righteousness and
    - I await the righteous judgment of Christ.

This is the very same attitude of Paul ... I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (1 Corinthians 9:26-27 KJV)
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 14:29
    Don't be too encumbered. I thought it would be interesting to see you speak to Romans 3.

At your leisure, if you ever find it, just place it anywhere or PM me.
    Here it is. I thought the thread title was simply "Romans 3", but no, it was "Paul Speaks on Faith".

The first post is just Romans 3, from the NIV, in paragraph form, not verse form.

Later in the thread, I have a few posts talking about it, but then inevitably, as usual, the thread devolves into some sniping.

Thread 173158
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 14:421 edit
    Here it is. I thought the thread title was simply "Romans 3", but no, it was "Paul Speaks on Faith".

The first post is just Romans 3, from the NIV, in paragraph form, not verse form.

Later in the thread, I have a few posts talking about it, but then inevitably, as usual, the thread devolves into some sniping.

Thread 173158
    In that thread nowhere did you or any Christian make any attempt to discuss what Paul said in Romans 2 about those who are not under any law. The typical Christian response is to push that passage under the carpet with the hope that nobody would see it. Romans 3 has nothing to do with that passage.

The Jews are under the Law of Moses
    The Christians or any other followers of Christ [Gentiles who have converted ] are under the Law of Christ
    All others are under the law written in their hearts and they will be judged accordingly even some entering the Kingdom of God [hence my conclusion about righteous atheists]

Romans 3 is about faith and it pertains to those who have accepted Christ.

Christians like you confuse the issues because they want to conclude that the only people who will enter the Kingdom of of God is Christians. Even condemning the Jews who dont believe in Christ.

Your Christian doctrine is selfish, crooked and manipulative and is not what Jesus and the Aposltes preached.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:58
    No accompanying passage Ghost? Atheist bible quoter?
    Okay sir, if you insist.

'Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.'
    (Matthew 11:28)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 20:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Okay sir, if you insist.

'Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.'
    (Matthew 11:28)
    Good one!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:22
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    In that thread nowhere did you or any Christian make any attempt to discuss what Paul said in Romans 2 about those who are not under any law. The typical Christian response is to push that passage under the carpet with the hope that nobody would see it. Romans 3 has nothing to do with that passage.

The Jews are under the Law of Moses
    The Christians or a ...[text shortened]... n doctrine is selfish, crooked and manipulative and is not what Jesus and the Aposltes preached.
    Incorrect, maybe you should read my posts in that thread again. I already know you skip over stuff you don't like to hear.

I said that Romans 3 is a simple rebuttal to those (and they are legion) who misread Romans 2 and claim it says something it does not say. Romans 3 is clarification of Romans 2 for those people who twist the message of Romans 2 into something fitting their own twisted view of scripture.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:32
    Incorrect, maybe you should read my posts in that thread again. I already know you skip over stuff you don't like to hear.

I said that Romans 3 is a simple rebuttal to those (and they are legion) who misread Romans 2 and claim it says something it does not say. Romans 3 is clarification of Romans 2 for those people who twist the message of Romans 2 into something fitting their own twisted view of scripture.
    So Paul is rebutting himself... I see.
    Thanks for your explanation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree