Christians and Sin

Christians and Sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
No. It is the name of a character from Tolkien's writings. I used it for a Tolkien board back in tje PJ movie days and have kept it.

The fact is that pretty much everyone who posts here and claims to be a Christian is a nut job.
I've noticed. Not that I'm any better, but I do at least try to look at things objectively. I empathize with a lot of the atheists' struggles to make sense of the Christian view.

Tolkien eh. Cool name.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 18
6 edits

Many times, many times in the past I have spoken to three specific warnings to Christians that they might be disqualified from participating in the coming millennial kingdom.

Once again here are the three specific passages previously taught about.

1.) First warning:

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray, neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals not thieves nor the covetous, not drunkards, not revilers, not the rapacious will inherit the kingdom of God. " (1 Cor. 6:9,10)

2.) Second warning:
"And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as fornication, uncleaness, lasciviousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, divisions, sects, envyings, bouts of drunkeness, carousings, and things like these of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:17-21)

3.) Third warning:
"For this you realize, knowing that every fornicator or unclean person or greedy person ( who is an idolater) has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Let no one deceive you with vain words, for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not be partakers with them." (Eph. 5:5-7)

When the millennial kingdom arrives as a reward to those eternally saved, those defeated by a lack of sanctification will suffer loss. They will not be rewarded to co-reign with Christ.

But their eventual sanctification will take place anyway in a place of punishment during the thousand years.

I have written to this many times here.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Another one of the more common themes of this, that it appears that you did not touch on at all, Rajk, is that [b]man is incapable of perfection and fulfilling the Law, or fulfilling all that is desired by God.

Here is the doctrine found concisely stated in Romans 3, including a reference to the Old Testament via Psalms & Ecclesiastes.

[quote ...[text shortened]... h. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.[/quote][/b]
I put up a thread maybe a year ago now that I posted the entirety of Romans 3 in response to Rajk, and it was ignored then, just as I'm sure it will be ignored now (or twisted into something it's not).

In other words, this has been tried once, and no effect then, either.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
You mean like dive, fmf, ToO, Suzy or Second Son.
You mean, like you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
What does all this mean? Please put it in laymans language.

I ask because I dont think you understand what all this is about.
Also you would find nowhere that Jesus said any such thing.

Jesus instructed his disciples to aim at perfection even as God is perfect
Jesus said that the fulling of the law is achieved by brotherly love and charity.

I dont think you understand what you are talking about.
Never seen Romans 3 before, Rajk?

At least not since last time I threw it in your face, eh?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Never seen Romans 3 before, Rajk?

At least not since last time I threw it in your face, eh?
Show me the link Suzianne. I'd like to see what you said about Romans 3.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Many times, many times in the past I have spoken to three specific warnings to Christians that they might be disqualified from participating in the coming millennial kingdom.

Once again here are the three specific passages previously taught about.

[b]1.)
First warning:
[quote] "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the k ...[text shortened]... in a place of punishment during the thousand years.

I have written to this many times here.
More nonsense. Who are you to insert the words 'millennial Kingdom'? You are crookedly twisting the Bible and they proclaiming that you are following the Bible. Who are you again to proclaim that all Christians are eternally saved.

You are such a stupid man.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I put up a thread maybe a year ago now that I posted the entirety of Romans 3 in response to Rajk, and it was ignored then, just as I'm sure it will be ignored now (or twisted into something it's not).

In other words, this has been tried once, and no effect then, either.
Miss Dumbo, how does Romans 3 cancel what Romans 2 says about those who have no law? You can post the same irrelevant rubbish all you like ... please .. post it again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

More nonsense. Who are you to insert the words 'millennial Kingdom'? You are crookedly twisting the Bible and they proclaiming that you are following the Bible. Who are you again to proclaim that all Christians are eternally saved.

You are such a stupid man.
So you are not saved and are proud of it?
So you dare not say you have eternal life and are proud of it?

The stupid one is you.
And you're getting stupider as time goes on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

The doctrine of Christians of the OSAS type pertaining to sin is that all their sins are forgiven by the blood of Christ and they will site passages to prove that their doctrine is correct. In a nutshell they can sin and be assured that these sins will be forgiven and none of these sins will endanger their entry into the Kingdom of God.

These passages wh ...[text shortened]... ected and burned

These are not isolated statements about sin and the professed Christian.[/b]
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, (Hebrews 10:26 KJV)

The sinning willfully here is reminiscient of what Rajk999 boasts of, that he forsakes as a custom to gather with Christians as an assembly. He does so by custom. Go it ALONE ... by custom. That's this little heretic.

Look at verses 25 and 26 together.

Not abandoning our own assembling together, as the custom with some is, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the day drawing near. (v.25)

For when we sin willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice of bulls and goats for sins, ... (v.26)

If anything Rajk999 reflects this willful and intentional sinning (if he is a believer in Jesus which is highly doubtful to me).

I think he was a reject from some JW assembly and has been bitter, lonely, isolated, untrusting ever since.

No one can come up to HIS standard, you know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

Atheists come to comfort Rajk999 like the witch of Endor comforted the crazy King Saul.

Watch some atheist come in to throw an arm of sympathy around the railer against Christian faith.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jun 18

Atheists come to comfort Rajk999 like the witch of Endor comforted the crazy King Saul.

Watch some atheist come in to throw an arm of sympathy around the railer against Christian faith.
There there Sonship, calm down mate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
The assurance of eternal life from Christ to the Christian is also the assurance that everything else needed God will provide.

The success and victory of the Christians is quite related to the realization that IF God has granted him eternal life then surely all else pertaining to victory over the old life will be assured.

That is the essence of this promise.

"Indeed, He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things? " (Romans 8:32)

The Father sent His Son of God to die to accomplish an eternal redemption. How then will God not "with Him" also provide all things necessary for our salvation?

Rather than the assurance of eternal life as a detriment Paul teaches it as a firm foundation for Christian hope in the daily life in this age.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
No accompanying passage Ghost? Atheist bible quoter?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 18
1 edit

You have my sympathy.

Come and have a hug.