1. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 18:39
    it would seem that the majority of posts here are by christians and skeptics and agnostics...

any other faiths out there?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 19:54
    Originally posted by yavash
    it would seem that the majority of posts here are by christians and skeptics and agnostics...

Religious racism is common here. I'm sure that there are many moslems playing here. But who would admit that? They would be concidered terrorists in a jiffie.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Religious racism is common here. I'm sure that there are many moslems playing here. But who would admit that? They would be concidered terrorists in a jiffie.
    ummm can you define what religious racism is so that i know whether to dismiss this or otherwise. for religious intolerance and prejudice is one thing and racism quite another, although they do sometimes go hand in hand.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:26
    Religious racism is common here.
    Are you suggesting that the religious behavior described in this article is nothing more than a genetic phenotype that the people, in virtue of their race, can't help but exhibit?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/07/pakistan.engineer.killed/index.html
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '09 20:29
    I have chessism. That is the irrational hatred of anyone with a rating higher than 1100

(actually it's only 900 at the moment as I made a school boy error and entered the 2009 tourn and I am getting sytematically dismanteled!) 😠
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 03:15
    "Religious racism"?...no such thing. Religion is not a race. I think you meant that any moslems playing here who spoke up would be considered terrorists in a 'jihad'...instead of a jiffie, no?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 05:06
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Are you suggesting that the religious behavior described in this article is nothing more than a genetic phenotype that the people, in virtue of their race, can't help but exhibit?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/07/pakistan.engineer.killed/index.html
    http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Religion/?id=1.0.2278563042
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 05:42

There is at least one Moslem. I tend to call my self Atheist which is I assume what you meant by 'skeptic', and it is not a 'faith'. I doubt that even an agnostic can be said to have a 'faith'.

I wonder, do agnostics come in different religions? I mean are most agnostics people who believe that no gods exists except possibly the one?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 07:00

No religion😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 07:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have chessism. That is the irrational hatred of anyone with a rating higher than 1100

(actually it's only 900 at the moment as I made a school boy error and entered the 2009 tourn and I am getting sytematically dismanteled!) 😠
    Did you ever, even for three hours on a row, gave yourself 100% to the royal game having the feeling that the last second of this period will be the last of your life?
    😵
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 10:581 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Did you ever, even for three hours on a row, gave yourself 100% to the royal game having the feeling that the last second of this period will be the last of your life?
    😵
    I play every game like that. Throwing myself into the ensuing carnage with the wild fury of Genhgis Khan and the cunning of a fox (actually there is more of the former and sadly less of the latter!).

I think I'm a chess masochist actually. Does that belong in spirituality do you think?

EDIT: Apologies for drifting off topic.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 11:20
    Originally posted by black beetle
    😵
    i merely offer up incense to the Gods and they take care of everything!
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 16:21
    there was one muslim who thought adullterers being bludgeoned to death by big freakin rocks was a good idea.

people have the impression that all muslims are like that fine specimen of the animal kingdom
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 16:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I play every game like that. Throwing myself into the ensuing carnage with the wild fury of Genhgis Khan and the cunning of a fox (actually there is more of the former and sadly less of the latter!).

I think I'm a chess masochist actually. Does that belong in spirituality do you think?

EDIT: Apologies for drifting off topic.
    If you play like that and if you study like that for more than three years and you still have a low level of ches understanding and awareness, it seems to me that chess and your dexterities are not a couple too much in love😵
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 16:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i merely offer up incense to the Gods and they take care of everything!
    Oh ye leggedy beastie Rabbie,

I will just pass you Goyathlay's words of wisdom:

-- "Usen does not care for the petty quarrels of men"

😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree