1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 16:39
    Isn't the term "religious racism" pretty clear? Of course I know that it has nothing with race to do, but someone being anti jew is often called racist too, sin't he?

One example of 'religious racism' is when a little girl is blamed for the WTC attack only because she is a muslem. That a jew have to take the blame for the Israeli terror against Palestinians. That a catholic have to be responsible for the catholic prists paedophilia. And so on. For short that you give the blame for something only because he/she bolongs to a religious group where one has done something bad.

Every moslem cannot be responsible for Usama bin Ladin's doings.
    Every jew cannot be responsible for Israel's doings in Palestinian territory.
    Every Palestinian cannot be responsible for Hamas' doings.
    Every Christian cannot be responsible for the abort clinics bombings.
    And so on. Thinking this is to be a 'religious racist'.
    Give me a better word for "religious racism" and I'll use that further.

I see this 'religious racism' quite often in Spiritual Forum. Quite often from so called cristian people. This is a fact.

Noone in RHP knows my religious preferences. Why? Have a guess.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 16:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I play every game like that. Throwing myself into the ensuing carnage with the wild fury of Genhgis Khan and the cunning of a fox (actually there is more of the former and sadly less of the latter!).

I think I'm a chess masochist actually. Does that belong in spirituality do you think?

EDIT: Apologies for drifting off topic.
    On the other hand, chess is a pure form of spiritualism I reckon
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 18:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You're a moo-slim!!! 😲 Babyrapa'!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 19:02
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    You're a moo-slim!!! 😲 Babyrapa'!
    Another guess perhaps?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 19:39
    Another guess perhaps?
    you are an atheist. you said so. unless you lied in which case you must go to the lying thread and make amends.
  6. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 19:58
    I would agree with Fabian that there does seem to be a fair bit of intolerance and narrow views regarding other religions in here - and i cant help but wonder if other relgious view points would be reluctant to speak up because of some oppressive views here
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 20:20
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there was one muslim who thought adullterers being bludgeoned to death by big freakin rocks was a good idea.

people have the impression that all muslims are like that fine specimen of the animal kingdom
    And there are a whole lot of Christians who think it was a good idea several thousand years ago in Old Testament times.
    Even Jesus did not directly condemn the practice.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '09 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you are an atheist. you said so. unless you lied in which case you must go to the lying thread and make amends.
    Even Buddhists are atheists, right? Buddhism is an atheistic religion, isn't it?
    But no, I'm not a Buddhist.
  9. Break-twitching
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 03:43
    Isn't the term "religious racism" pretty clear? Of course I know that it has nothing with race to do, but someone being anti jew is often called racist too, sin't he?

One example of 'religious racism' is when a little girl is blamed for the WTC attack only because she is a muslem. That a jew have to take the blame for the Israeli terror against Palesti ...[text shortened]... is is a fact.

Wahabbism?
  10. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 03:45
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Wahabbism?
    That's a branch of Islam, and he already said he's not a muslim.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 06:10

One example of 'religious racism' is when a little girl is blamed for the WTC attack only because she is a muslem. That a jew have to take the blame for the Israeli terror against Palesti ...[text shortened]... is is a fact.

You are a Gota and you are my Enemy. Someday I will meet you at the battlefield. The light squares will turn ruby red and steaming, whilst the black squares will turn dark like the ocean of death from the bloodshed😵
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 20:201 edit
    Even Buddhists are atheists, right? Buddhism is an atheistic religion, isn't it?
    But no, I'm not a Buddhist.
    I think it would be more accurate to call Buddhists "non-theists" rather than "atheists". This seems a good summary of their attitude toward God(s):

Most Buddhists, especially western Buddhists, don't spend much time worrying about whether gods exist or not - it's just not an important question.

Buddhism is essentially about living one's life so as to gain enlightenment; there may or may not be some gods or spirits around, but they're not of any real importance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/atheism/types/buddhistatheism.shtml
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 20:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think it would be more accurate to call Buddhists "non-theists" rather than "atheists". This seems a good summary of their attitude toward God(s):

Most Buddhists, especially western Buddhists, don't spend much time worrying about whether gods exist or not - it's just not an important question.

Buddhism is essentially about living one ...[text shortened]... portance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/atheism/types/buddhistatheism.shtml
    Doesn't "a-" in atheism mean the same thing as "non-" in non-theists?

You cannot guess my religion. It does not have a name. It's my own religion, and it has no followers. Call it Fabianism if you like, but it is not known for anyone. It's my own personal beliefs, noone else's.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 20:44
    Doesn't "a-" in atheism mean the same thing as "non-" in non-theists?

You cannot guess my religion. It does not have a name. It's my own religion, and it has no followers. Call it Fabianism if you like, but it is not known for anyone. It's my own personal beliefs, noone else's.
    Care to share what they are, and why Fabs?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 21:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Care to share what they are, and why Fabs?
    I rather not. See my postings about religious racism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree