1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 01:31
    The truth is Halloween originated with the Christians, but has since been hi-jacked by ghosts, goblins, and Satanists.

As well as the commercial industry.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 02:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    The truth is Halloween originated with the Christians, but has since been hi-jacked by ghosts, goblins, and Satanists.

wasn't it like druids and stuff, you know the ancient Celts thats started it, like umm to appease the dead? like umm before Christianity came to the west? like umm before Jesus was born?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '09 07:24
    Originally posted by josephw

Ghosts, goblins and satanists ,eh? In that particurlar order? I haven't seen a ghost but one time I think I 'felt' one. Anyway thats only ont time in my whole life- and I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to weird stuff. I've heard of satanists ,but the most impact they have ever had on my life is leaving a pentacle spray-painted on a basketball court once or twice. As for 'goblins' ,(lol), I've only seen them on t.v.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 04:56
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

History of Halloween
    Don't think it started with the "Christians" LOL 🙂

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree