1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 00:11
    Originally posted by Judah1
    Actually you ARE the church. So if you think church is boring then you're boring🙂
    Then what's that building down the street with the cross on it and the priest inside?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 00:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Then what's that building down the street with the cross on it and the priest inside?
    Just a building with a cross on it.....The word church in the bible simply means a group "called out"...

1577 ekklesia (ek-klay-see'-ah);

a calling out, i.e. (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):

KJV-- assembly, church.

The "church" the bible refers to, are the people, not a building...
    By proper definition, a group of people going bowling can be called a "church".
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '07 16:18
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    it's just a building. My church used a junior high school before we got our own building
  4. England
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 10:36
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The church is the most exciting thing I have ever experienced.

The church is not a building on the corner. She is a community of people within whom the Spirit of God lives. And she is coordinating and cooperating with Christ to end this age and usher in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

The church is a farm on which God is growing Jesus within peop ...[text shortened]... ree of the book of Ephesians and let God give you a revelation of how wonderful His church is.
    you need too lighten the burden you carry. And my heart is were christ lives not a building.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree