Church to apologise to Darwin's family

Church to apologise to Darwin's family

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
29 Sep 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
I cannot think of any right now, but I am sure that there are some which are simple statements of truth. eg if it says the Temple is in Jerusalem, then that would be true.
I disagree with snowinscotland about how much of the Bible is true. As an atheist I strongly suspect that over 90% is not true as a very large proportion purports to be reporting on th ...[text shortened]...
Maybe 'factual' or 'non-factual' would be better terms when describing most of the Bible.
you could have a point; however since much of the text is about belief does it not become a personal question? For example, some might read 'God did x' and think 'man with a white beard did x' and others may read more metaphorically and say 'well it really means that the tribe/society/group/nation allowed x to happen'. I am of the latter, therefore have a broad take on what can be allowed to be said to be true.