1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 08:50
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Purely anecdotal. I don't hand out "exit surveys".

😠
    Basically, you have nothing to back up your ridiculous claim.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 09:25
    You have used two completely different sources here.

The first two quotes you provided in two separate posts were both from the same paper reporting the survey. It can be found here: http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/pdf/2001_Bensley-Boyle.pdf

The respondents of this survey were Australian, not American. Granted, the second quote is talking ...[text shortened]... s to be offering his status as a circumcised male. How about it, Ron? Do you feel "mutilated"?
    I don't see how any of this substantiates or corroborates the statement you made.

Also, T Hammond has a PO Box in San Francisco, or at least when his paper was published.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 20:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 22:31
    Circumcision of the male was to remove the excess foreskin to help prevent diseases and to promote cleanleness.

"Why did the Law specify that circumcision be done on the eighth day?
    Jehovah did not explain, nor was it necessary that he do so. His ways are always right; his reasons, the best. (2Sa 22:31)

However, in recent years man has learned some of the physical reasons why the eighth day was a good time to circumcise. Normal amounts of the blood-clotting element called vitamin K are not found in the blood until the fifth to the seventh day after birth. Another clotting factor known as prothrombin is present in amounts only about 30 percent of normal on the third day but on the eighth day is higher than at any other time in the child’s life—as much as 110 percent of normal.

So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage. As Dr. S. I. McMillen observes: “From a consideration of vitamin K and prothrombin determinations the perfect day to perform a circumcision is the eighth day . . . [the] day picked by the Creator of vitamin K.”—None of These Diseases, 1986, p. 21.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 00:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Circumcision of the male was to remove the excess foreskin ..
    excess foreskin?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 00:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    excess foreskin?
    Paraphimosis: This condition, paraphimosis, is somewhat the opposite of phimosis. The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis.

â—¦The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling.

â—¦Paraphiosis is considered a true medical emergency. Circumcision (surgical removal of the foreskin) at birth or revision of a prior circumcision can prevent this condition.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/foreskin_problems/article_em.htm
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 05:26
    So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage.
    Actually, not following them, and not circumcising, would remove the danger altogether.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 05:48
    So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage.

Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually, not following them, and not circumcising, would remove the danger altogether.

And there we have it! This is the reason why everyone in the world is at war in one form or another. Everyone seems to think they know the truth.

The truth is there is The Truth. There is The Truth which is contained in the answer to every question. The truth is that those who know The Truth have to contend with those that don't, but think they do.

Then there's the issue of those that know The Truth who think they know it all.

Just sayin'!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 05:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then there's the issue of those that know The Truth who think they know it all.

Just sayin'!
    An then there are posters who write utter nonsense because they know that they cannot contribute anything genuine without go against their religion.

Just sayin'.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 06:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Paraphimosis: This condition, paraphimosis, is somewhat the opposite of phimosis. The foreskin, after being pulled back, becomes trapped and then swollen behind the head (glans) of the penis.

â—¦The swelling can lead to blockage of blood flow to the penis, which can lead to gangrene of the penile shaft and head distal to the welling.

â—¦Paraphiosis is con ...[text shortened]... n can prevent this condition.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/foreskin_problems/article_em.htm
    My mistake .. I didn't realise it was just boys who had paraphimosis that were circumcised.

But even then it is normally not a required procedure.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 07:24
    I know, let's ask Mr. Hinds, who seems to be offering his status as a circumcised male. How about it, Ron? Do you feel "mutilated"?
    Are you using the opinion of RJHinds to somehow show that unnecessary circumcision is not bad?

You do know RJHinds, right?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 11:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    An then there are posters who write utter nonsense because they know that they cannot contribute anything genuine without go against their religion.

Just sayin'.
    Then there are posters who don't understand what they are reading and accuse other posters of writing utter nonsense.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 13:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then there are posters who don't understand what they are reading and accuse other posters of writing utter nonsense.
    And then there are posters who write utter nonsense but pretend that it actually makes sense but it is the readers fault for not understanding them.

Just sayin'
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 21:242 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 05:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My wife might consider my circumcised penis bad since it gave her three babies within the first four years of our marriage before she started taking birth control pills regularly. After that it gave her two more babies over an extended period of time and I wasn't really trying. A bad circumcised penis for sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree