1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 23:38
    @caesar-salad said
    I ... uh ... um ... er ... well, that's quite something, isn't it?

Thank goodness you had the foresight to wear a mask! 😉

This summer I have been grinding up some Premium (and locally roasted) beans, heating up 500 ml of water in the microwave in a Pyrex measuring cup, putting the ground beans into the hot water, letting it sit for a few minutes, then pouring it ...[text shortened]... r that has seven or eight ice cubes in it, then adding sugar and half-and-half. So much for purism!
    You had me right up to the ice.

Cold diluted coffee is evil.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 23:53
    @suzianne said
    You had me right up to the ice.

Cold diluted coffee is evil.
    Noted, but the brew is pretty strong before it goes over the ice. I would, however, object if the ice cubes had picked up a fishy smell while in the freezer.

As for weekend meetings: you have my sympathies. I have somehow managed to free myself from the artificial time grid and the impositions of the workplace by drifting into retirement.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 04:06
    @caesar-salad said
    Noted, but the brew is pretty strong before it goes over the ice. I would, however, object if the ice cubes had picked up a fishy smell while in the freezer.

As for weekend meetings: you have my sympathies. I have somehow managed to free myself from the artificial time grid and the impositions of the workplace by drifting into retirement.
    Well, maybe not actually evil, but I had to stay with the dualism nature of the thread.

And I've often heard retirees referred to as 'escapees'. Hope you have the means to spend your time as you've always hoped you would.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 04:15
    @caesar-salad

r u a gay bro

not that there's anything wrong with that
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 04:221 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    @caesar-salad

r u a gay bro

not that there's anything wrong with that
    Not to speak for him, but I believe he's acknowledged as much in other forums here.

He makes no secret of it.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 04:32
    @Suzianne

Ok, cool. Sorry to have bothered everyone with that.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 10:324 edits
    @caesar-salad said
    I ... uh ... um ... er ... well, that's quite something, isn't it?

Thank goodness you had the foresight to wear a mask! 😉

This summer I have been grinding up some Premium (and locally roasted) beans, heating up 500 ml of water in the microwave in a Pyrex measuring cup, putting the ground beans into the hot water, letting it sit for a few minutes, then pouring it ...[text shortened]... r that has seven or eight ice cubes in it, then adding sugar and half-and-half. So much for purism!
    Get a French press, and if you like it cold.
    Put the coffee in the French press put in fridge for 12 hours or longer, squeeze out the coffee, over ice add what you will. NICE!

If you have never drank coffee out of a French press hot or cold, YOUR MISSING something.

How to use, looked it up for you incase.
    http://www.coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot
    https://www.thecoffeecompass.com/how-to-make-cold-brew-coffee-with-a-french-press/
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 12:44
    @kellyjay said
    Get a French press, and if you like it cold.
    Put the coffee in the French press put in fridge for 12 hours or longer, squeeze out the coffee, over ice add what you will. NICE!

If you have never drank coffee out of a French press hot or cold, YOUR MISSING something.

How to use, looked it up for you incase.
    http://www.coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot
    https://www.thecoffeecompass.com/how-to-make-cold-brew-coffee-with-a-french-press/
    Thanks, KJ. Actually I do have a French press, but I got tired of cleaning it. With the little sieve I can just knock the grounds into the trash, give it a rinse (the sieve, not the trash), and I'm done.

I do appreciate the tips, though. Maybe I will give that a try this summer if I ever clean out my fridge (I'm back to working from the front layer of jars after having cleared it out last year).
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 12:47

Removed by poster

10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 13:23
    @caesar-salad said
    Thanks, KJ. Actually I do have a French press, but I got tired of cleaning it. With the little sieve I can just knock the grounds into the trash, give it a rinse (the sieve, not the trash), and I'm done.

I do appreciate the tips, though. Maybe I will give that a try this summer if I ever clean out my fridge (I'm back to working from the front layer of jars after having cleared it out last year).
    I agree, love the coffee but hate cleaning it.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 13:57
    @suzianne said
    Not to speak for him, but I believe he's acknowledged as much in other forums here.

He makes no secret of it.
    So, how is your post an example of not speaking for me? 😉
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 14:13
    @caesar-salad said
    So, how is your post an example of not speaking for me? 😉
    Your acknowledgement speaks for itself.

Speaking for you was not the purpose of my post.

It's not like I was delivering information you had not already chosen to communicate.
  13. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 17:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    And yet your avatar is a pot of coffee.

No coincidences in this thread.
    My avatar is a TEA pot.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 17:13
    @mchill said
    My avatar is a TEA pot.
    Sure,...containing coffee.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 19:161 edit

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree