1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 15:062 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [i]It may LOOK like intelligent design but [b]it could just as easily have been by the rules of nature made out when our universe was born 14 billion years ago. It is the laws of nature that starts all these balls rolling that are truly mind boggling. DNA machinery is for sure mind boggling but that does not by itself prove a god was involv telligent design under any circumstances" may not be CD, but it's certainly deeply dishonest.[/b]
    If sonhouse will state that intelligent design is possible, then I shall gladly apologise for over assuming.

Edit, btw way I was not aware there were level depths of dishonesty, especially when assumption should be the accusation, but I can see you want to make a point.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 15:21
    Whether Sonhouse thinks so or not, isn't relevant. The post to which you responded did not insist on anything and yet you summarized it as though it did. Maybe because you don't want to admit that he made a valid point, I don't know.

Not sure what you mean by your edit, but I don't think it's relevant either, is it?

Oh, and BTW way. The abbreviation BTW already contains the word way.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 15:52
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Whether Sonhouse thinks so or not, isn't relevant. The post to which you responded did not insist on anything and yet you summarized it as though it did. Maybe because you don't want to admit that he made a valid point, I don't know.

Not sure what you mean by your edit, but I don't think it's relevant either, is it?

Oh, and BTW way. The abbreviation BTW already contains the word way.
    Well, as you insist on being pedantic about an actual post rather than considering the poster and their well established opinion in general, which is how conversations work -- the "post I was responding to" was made by sonhouse not you, and I'm sure he is well able to fight his own battles, so why don't you zip it up and wait to see what he thinks.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 16:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] It may LOOK like intelligent design but it could just as easily have been by the rules of nature made out when our universe was born 14 billion years ago. It is the laws of nature that starts all these balls rolling that are truly mind boggling. DNA machinery is for sure mind boggling but that does not by itself prove a god was involved, much as you ...[text shortened]... on of machinery doesn't suggest what you propose should have come about just as easily.
    " What I think is more believable is that our intelligence reads OUT the rules because another intelligence PUT IN the rules. "

Translates almost literally, via the criterion of "what I think is more believable" to: "The idea that our intelligence reads OUT the rules because another intelligence PUT IN the rules, minimizes my CD".
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 21:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Core belief? You mean like "there is no God"?
    Absolutely. The belief that there is no God must be subject to the most rigorous of examinations.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 21:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Death of Frantz Fanon"

"On his return to Tunis, after his exhausting trip across the Sahara to open a Third Front, Fanon was diagnosed with leukemia. He went to the Soviet Union for treatment and experienced some remission of his illness. On his return to Tunis he dictated his testament The Wretched of the Earth. When he was not confined to his bed ...[text shortened]... Algiers in 1989, Olivier still works for the Algerian Embassy in Paris." (frantzfanon.wiki)
    Your point being? Want some more random facts?

Bob Marley died from cancer after being advised to have his toe amputated. He declined due to religious reasons and died for it.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 21:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It may LOOK like intelligent design but it could just as easily have been by the rules of nature made out when our universe was born 14 billion years ago. It is the laws of nature that starts all these balls rolling that are truly mind boggling. DNA machinery is for sure mind boggling but that does not by itself prove a god was involved, much as you desperately wish it so.
    Still, enough similar evidence could help us to draw conclusions regarding the true nature of God. Never a bad thing to have an open mind.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 21:47
    "The Fox and the Grapes" by Aesop. When the fox fails to reach the grapes, he decides he does not want them after all. Rationalization (making excuses) is often involved in reducing anxiety about conflicting cognitions, according to cognitive dissonance theory.

In modern psychology, cognitive dissonance is the discomfort experienced when simultaneous ...[text shortened]... onal, and even destructive behavior." (cognitivedissonancewikipedia.free encyclopedia)
    Clutter up some other thread dumbass.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:00
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

Clutter up some other thread dumbass.
    ... frame of reference facts which may prove helpful to those with interest in your topic.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 22:03
    Your point being? Want some more random facts?

Bob Marley died from cancer after being advised to have his toe amputated. He declined due to religious reasons and died for it.
    "Your point being?"

No point. Thumbnail Biogs add interest. Marley obviously died with unresolved issues.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 23:45
    "Your point being?"

No point. Thumbnail Biogs add interest. Marley obviously died with unresolved issues.
    Obviously?

From what I have seen he didn't seem to have issues but perhaps the new movie about him reveals more (?)
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 01:37
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Obviously?

From what I have seen he didn't seem to have issues but perhaps the new movie about him reveals more (?)
    "Obviously?" (ka)

"Bob Marley died from cancer after being advised to have his toe amputated. He declined due to religious reasons and died for it." (HoH)

Apparently declining surgery factored directly in his premature death.
    Correlation between unresolved religious issues and his decision prompted
    use of the adverb, "obviously". (gb)
  13. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 02:17
    ... frame of reference facts which may prove helpful to those with interest in your topic.
    You are not Google. People can lookup there own information without you spewing it uselessly into my clean little thread.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 03:16
    You are not Google. People can lookup there own information without you spewing it uselessly into my clean little thread.
    Okay.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 16:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse

It may LOOK like intelligent design but it could just as easily have been by the rules of nature made out when our universe was born 14 billion years ago. It is the laws of nature that starts all these balls rolling that are truly mind boggling. DNA machinery is for sure mind boggling but that does not by itself prove a god was involved, much as you desperately wish it so.
    "It may LOOK like intelligent design but it could just as easily have been by the rules of nature made out when our universe was born 14 billion years ago. It is the laws of nature that starts all these balls rolling that are truly mind boggling. DNA machinery is for sure mind boggling but that does not by itself prove a god was involved, much as you desperately wish it so."

... and who or what do we assume legislated and/or codified the "rules of nature"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree