1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You apparently don't know just how many of those are actually man made.
    Synthetic, Ersatz, Harmful Chemical Laden Highly Processed Foods are yours if you wish. No thanks.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 22:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    since when.....
    since this drivel

The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, ... Comments?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    since this drivel

The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, ... Comments?
    10. Sweet Potatoes: Pancreas

The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, and also promotes healthy function in the organ. "Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene, which is a potent antioxidant that protects all tissues of the body, including the pancreas, from damage associated with cancer or aging," says Somer."

since this drivel

*The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, ... Comments?*

*You omitted the quotation marks and attributed Somer's work to another person.*

Photos by Shutterstock connect with us Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google Plus> Newsletter Forums Read more: Food Nutrition Facts - Healthy Living Tips at WomansDay.com - Woman's Day

http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/nutrition/foods-that-look-like-body-parts-theyre-good-for-109151

Note: Grampy Bobby isn't a Nutritionist or Medical Doctor working for Woman's Day. Sloppy disregard for facts.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:11
    This hip bones of a humming bird resemble that of a brontosaurus.
    Evolution or coincidence ?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:44
    Originally posted by sonship
    Either edible?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 02:35
    Originally posted by sonship
    Defintely design by a Designer.

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 02:59
    10. Sweet Potatoes: Pancreas

The oblong sweet potato bears a strong resemblance to the pancreas, and also promotes healthy function in the organ. "Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene, which is a potent antioxidant that protects all tissues of the body, including the pancreas, from damage associated with cancer or aging," says Somer."

[i]Ori ...[text shortened]... obby isn't a Nutritionist or Medical Doctor working for Woman's Day. Sloppy disregard for facts.
    When will you grow up?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:05
    When will you grow up?
    wolfgang, we know it's your world; we're just trying to live in it too. When in doubt, be kind.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:46
    God doesn't do anything randomly; nor does He leave anything undone or to chance. With the first man and woman, the one prohibition wasn't to refrain from eating just any fruit; one fruit on one tree (unlike any other in their garden) was named. Eat from it, die spiritually. Obey His command and live. The woman was deceived; the man willfully disobeyed. ...[text shortened]... and self determination, even with the design and recognition of food and its applicable benefit.
    I agree that God doesn't do anything randomly. It is the little things that astound me the most. i.e. At the Detroit Zoo, the butterfly house, butterflies will only lay eggs on certain plants. That is one type of butterfly and one type of plant. If that one butterfly cannot find that particular plant, there will be no egg laying anywhere else. Not even for self preservation, or the continuation of its type will it lay its eggs on any other plant.
    The list of oddities is endless. A particular fish in the ocean, cleans the teeth of sharks and killer whales. A frog that hibernates in the desert, until enough rainwater fills a small pond. For the few days of life, hunt, mate then burrow. Females lay eggs and burrow, until the next time the pond has water in it again.
    That specific frog lives only in the desert.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:581 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I agree that God doesn't do anything randomly. It is the little things that astound me the most. i.e. At the Detroit Zoo, the butterfly house, butterflies will only lay eggs on certain plants. That is one type of butterfly and one type of plant. If that one butterfly cannot find that particular plant, there will be no egg laying anywhere else. Not even for ...[text shortened]... til the next time the pond has water in it again.
    That specific frog lives only in the desert.
    You've watched these activities closely. Have you thought about the brains that direct these seemingly finicky selections?
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 04:35
    You've watched these activities closely. Have you thought about the brains that direct these seemingly finicky selections?
    Oh ya, I know Him well. God does some of the darndest things. You do know, (and I do know you know) God has a good sense of humor. Generally, it is overlooked in the scripture.
    Moses was brought up as a prince of Egypt. That means his training is math, engineering and extremely logical.
    So God wants Moses. "Let's give him something to think about." A bush burns, and is not consumed. That miracle was especially designed for Moses. And I have to believe, God sat back with a laugh and said, "figure that one out".
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 07:32
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Oh ya, I know Him well. God does some of the darndest things. You do know, (and I do know you know) God has a good sense of humor. Generally, it is overlooked in the scripture.
    Moses was brought up as a prince of Egypt. That means his training is math, engineering and extremely logical.
    So God wants Moses. "Let's give him something to think about." A bu ...[text shortened]... ned for Moses. And I have to believe, God sat back with a laugh and said, "figure that one out".
    Excellent reference. When you've been at the Detroit Zoo, have you also given any thought its inhabitants and their brains?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 09:24
    Synthetic, Ersatz, Harmful Chemical Laden Highly Processed Foods are yours if you wish. No thanks.
    Most of the products you listed have been bred by man. If they are chemical laden and highly processed thats just how some people grow them or process them after growing them.
    I am not sure what objections you have to processing. I bet you cook much of your food.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 12:27
    Most of the products you listed have been bred by man. If they are chemical laden and highly processed thats just how some people grow them or process them after growing them.
    I am not sure what objections you have to processing. I bet you cook much of your food.
    "Most of the products you listed have been bred by man."

"Most"? Please provide at least a partial list of these [edible/nutritional] products bred by man. Thanks.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 23:46
    Hoped you would reply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree