Concerning the Jews

Concerning the Jews

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Oct 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
No response.
Interesting.
The phrase is, "only more so."

As in Rick's reply in Casablanca, when asked "What kind of man is Captain Renault?" He said, "He's just like any other man, only more so."

Twain's usage is exactly the same. I don't see what's not to "get".

w

Moves
17 Oct 18

@fmf said
So what's your answer to my question: What do you believe is in store for all these remarkable human beings if they pass away without becoming members of the religion you just so happen to subscribe to?
Well if Paul thought it wise not to speculate about such things then who am I to say otherwise?

F

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
Well if Paul thought it wise not to speculate about such things then who am I to say otherwise?
So you have no belief with regards to the fate of Jews as opposed to Christians? That seems odd when you have expressed your belief that Muslims are bound for "Hell" on several occasions. I see. But it's basically 'no comment' - and hide behind a Bible verse - when it comes to Jews.

w

Moves
17 Oct 18

@fmf said
So you have no belief with regards to the fate of Jews as opposed to Christians? That seems odd when you have expressed your belief that Muslims are bound for "Hell" on several occasions. I see. But it's basically 'no comment' - and hide behind a Bible verse - when it comes to Jews.
It's not just about the Jews, it's about judgment in general.

Why would I go round judging people when I don't decide such things? I may as well go round judging court cases for which I have no power to rule over.

At the end of the day though, there is only one route to God, and that is, the one he provides.

F

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
It's not just about the Jews, it's about judgment in general.

Why would I go round judging people when I don't decide such things? I may as well go round judging court cases for which I have no power to rule over.

At the end of the day though, there is only one route to God, and that is, the one he provides.
A response that didn't dodge the content of my post would be more interesting.

w

Moves
17 Oct 18

@fmf said
A response that didn't dodge the content of my post would be more interesting.
My ability to entertain is limited.

I can neither sing nor dance.

F

Moves
17 Oct 18

@whodey said
Why would I go round judging people when I don't decide such things?
You have stated many times over the years that Muslims will burn in "Hell". But you balk at saying the same thing about Jews. And yet the Jews' rejection of Jesus is far more profound compared to the Muslim reverence for Jesus. You are willing to judge and condemn if it suits one of your hobby horse hatreds, right?

w

Moves
17 Oct 18

@fmf said
You have stated many times over the years that Muslims will burn in "Hell". But you balk at saying the same thing about Jews. And yet the Jews' rejection of Jesus is far more profound compared to the Muslim reverence for Jesus. You are willing to judge and condemn if it suits one of your hobby horse hatreds, right?
No, I don't recall ever saying that, but I will say and have said that their ideology does not lead to salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Oct 18
1 edit

@divegeester

What is it about it you like?

I don’t really understand it.

It means to me that the Jews excel in many things done by others.

Science - consider the contribution of Albert Einstien.
Psychology - consider the contribution of Sigmund Freud.
Diplomacy - consider Henry Kissinger.
Music - consider the contribution of Gustav Mahler.

I don't mean they alone make major contributions.
I mean they often seem to be exemplary in doing so.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Oct 18

@sonship

Freud was a hack. The best thing he ever did was this thing he called "psychoanalysis". Before that, it was called "talking it out".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Oct 18

@suzianne said
@sonship

Freud was a hack. The best thing he ever did was this thing he called "psychoanalysis". Before that, it was called "talking it out".
He certainly had some peculiar ideas.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Oct 18
1 edit

@Suzianne

I know he is of late come into much disrepute. But you can't deny the influence of the guy. Or that of Karl Marx another influential Jewish mind.

Am I wrong?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Oct 18

@sonship said
@Suzianne

I know he is of late come into much disrepute. But you can't deny the influence of the guy. Or that of Karl Marx another influential Jewish mind.

Am I wrong?
Of course not. People influence others through the exchange of ideas. Those with ideas different than what has come before are capable of much influence. It's just that the most benefit to mankind usually comes after those ideas are refined... usually by others. The first ones out of the box aren't often the best ones. However, they do inspire others to start looking in that direction.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Oct 18

@whodey said
My ability to entertain is limited.

I can neither sing nor dance.
but sir!! you can twist!!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He certainly had some peculiar ideas.
As much as I decry Freud, I tend to adhere to Jung's ideas, which in some regard could be described as even more peculiar. But I'm not at all as sure Jung was as flat-out wrong as Freud on certain topics.