1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '19 05:40
    @eladar said
    @FMF

So she is a mind reader? As are you? Wow, you can judge the motives of another person's heart. Looks like lots of social liberals have that mind reading and heart reading ability.

You are really a piece of work.
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck. No 'mind-reading' needed.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 May '19 12:15
    @Suzianne

So all you do is jump into threads to belittle people. That is very christian of you.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '19 12:16
    @eladar said
    @Suzianne

So all you do is jump into threads to belittle people. That is very christian of you.
    What do you think is "very Christian" about you?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 May '19 12:17
    @divegeester said
    Thanks.

So the Book of Mormon was written by someone with deeply disturbing racist tendencies. Interesting.

What’s your next move?
    That was not the message I was trying to send but you saw what you wanted to see. You asked for more info, I gave it to you. You are welcome.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '19 13:27
    @eladar said
    @Suzianne

Says the man who has declared that he doesn't care if people go to hell.

Hilarious.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 May '19 00:26
    I can't tell you all how much I feel improved by these spiritual discussions. 😉
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    19 May '19 00:33

Removed by poster

8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '19 06:361 edit
    @eladar said
    I was asked about Mormons so I thought this thread was in order. Here is the first..

The nature of God the Father.

Biblical point of view God has always been and anything created was created by God with Jesus.

Mormon belief is that God the Father was once a man like us who lived such a perfect life he was given his own reality to rule as God. He called his wife from his previous life got her pregnant and she gave birth to all souls, including Jesus' and Satan.
    Eladar and I are pursuing this by PM. I did not wish anyone to think I was "dominating" the thread.

Eladar, if you wish to post the contents of our PM conversation to the forum for others to read, I hereby give my consent. But if you do, please don't rip a sentence or phrase out of context; verbatim, or not at all.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '19 09:251 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '19 10:221 edit
    Let's get back on topic, shall we?

"Moonbus wanted to know if I knew anything about Mormon beliefs so I started this thread."

When I asked whether you had read the BoM, I wasn't really interested in your opinions about the doctrinal differences between Mormonism and whatever brand of Christianity it is that you subscribe to. I was more interested in what you think about the manner in which the BoM came to be and whether you think there is any truth to the claims that Joseph Smith was visited by an angel, whether he really did find golden tablets inscribed in an unknown language, whether an angel really did help him to translate the tablets into English, and whether those words are really the words of God.

Clearly, you don't believe that those words are the words of God, since they conflict with what it says in the Bible. That is how I understand your thread title, "CONFLICT." So, for you, apparently, it does reduce to doctrinal differences after all: any doctrine which conflicts with what you take to be the word of God must be false religion. From which, presumably, you must assume that Joseph Smith's epiphany was delusional or he flat out lied about it, there was no angel, there were no golden tablets inscribed in an unknown language. The whole chain falls apart if the one crucial link is broken, is that how you see it?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '19 10:33
    @moonbus

I could not care less about the issue you are concerned with. It is a non issue.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '19 11:17
    @Eladar

You started a thread about Mormonism. Now you don't want to discuss it?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '19 14:114 edits
    @moonbus said
    @Eladar

You started a thread about Mormonism. Now you don't want to discuss it?
    I did not start a generic thread about mormonism. I started a thread about where Mormons are in conflict with the bible.

If you want a different discussion about Mormons, start a new thread. Anyone who wants to discuss your topic can do so there.

You and yours are arrogant pricks.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 May '19 15:24
    @eladar said
    @caissad4

Joseph Smith had the book of mormon written down as he dictated what he saw when he covered his face with his hat.
    I would like to know whether you think Joseph Smith had a genuine epiphany, whether a real angel really appeared to him. Whether those golden tablets really existed. Whether the conflicts you mention in your OP are genuine conflicts, or merely apparent, depends on the answer to those questions.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '19 15:25
    @eladar said
    I did not start a generic thread about mormonism. I started a thread about where Mormons are in conflict with the bible.

If you want a different discussion about Mormons, start a new thread. Anyone who wants to discuss your topic can do so there.

You and yours are arrogant pricks.
    Why do you persist in being angry at people and spilling your toxic angst all over every thread you take part in?

You start a thread and people try to communicate. You call them names. How is this congenial, adult conversation? Perhaps you should stop torturing yourself and just let it go.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree