1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Has any atheist become a believer thanks to an RHP forum?

Has any believer become an atheist thanks to an RHP forum?

I'm guessing NO and NO.

So why the venom in so many threads?
    As Grampy would say

[b]Discuss
    [/b]
    There was one guy, The Skipper or some such, who converted from xianity to atheism because of this place.

But yeah, it's not very common.

Venom could be because it's too frustrating to search for truth and yet realize that a bunch of other legitimate truth-seekers have reached radically different conclusions. Naturally, MY effort at truth-finding must have successful. [I have no reason to doubt my own sincerity.] Therefore, the only question left to ask is, why has yours gone so horribly wrong?

If I give you points for validity, I might have to admit the unsettling idea that no one really knows the truth, despite all the effort and trying.
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 01:11
    Originally posted by lausey
    Were you previously an atheist? Was it in a open discussion?

I would be interested in reading that if you can find it. 🙂
    It wasn't really an open discussion. What happened was, ahosyney said something on a thread that I thought was Islamophobic, and he took me aside by messaging and said that he was a Muslim. I was stunned and printed a public apology on the same forum. He then messaged me again and asked if I was interested in Islam. Kind of went on from there.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 01:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    were you an atheist before?
    Yes.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 01:37
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Yes.
    i thought you said you were a Christian, a catholic if my memory serves me well? or was that you family?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 13:41
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There was one guy, The Skipper or some such, who converted from xianity to atheism because of this place.

But yeah, it's not very common.

Venom could be because it's too frustrating to search for truth and yet realize that a bunch of other legitimate truth-seekers have reached radically different conclusions. Naturally, [b]MY
    effort at truth-fi ...[text shortened]... mit the unsettling idea that no one really knows the truth, despite all the effort and trying.[/b]
    Like a Zen master and a good pupil, ther outer expressions can be seen by outside observers to be contradictory. It is here that one can be seen to have a real grip on the "truth" as to just someone who is repeating what others have told them. It is the inner experience that is shared, the outside contradictions are there to highlight this fact.
    The path of the righteous man / woman is always a lonely one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree