1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:48
    I challenge anyone out there to put a number to just how sinful you are. If I can find one of those county thingys that bouncers at clubs use for head counts, I will attempt to count every sin I commit this weekend coming up. Would anyone like to perform this social study along with me?
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:51
    How will we know when we've committed one, since we've done it all along and didn't notice?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:55
    Originally posted by eagles54
    How will we know when we've committed one, since we've done it all along and didn't notice?
    This experiment will no doubt conclude with a large margin of error. Use your own discretion, I guess. Cursing using God's name, adultery and murder via fantasy, lying, stealing, rejecting Christ when someone offers, etc. These are the sins we can more or less approximate with a degree of certainty.
  4. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 16:58
    Do we count original sin? Because if we do, I'm not sure how to count it.
    Is it just one sin or what?
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This experiment will no doubt conclude with a large margin of error. Use your own discretion, I guess. Cursing using God's name, adultery and murder via fantasy, lying, stealing, rejecting Christ when someone offers, etc. These are the sins we can more or less approximate with a degree of certainty.
    Some sins should have more points than others. For example, taking the lords name in vain should be 1/2 to 1 point. Taking the lords name in vain dressed as the pope while sodomizing a sheep should be 2 to 3 points. Maybe we should designate categories such as carnal sins, sins against the church, and the big three murder, theft and mayhem, etc...

I myself am going for a score of 54 as this looks like a light weekend coming up.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:09
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Do we count original sin? Because if we do, I'm not sure how to count it.
    Is it just one sin or what?
    Sure. It's like the free square in Bingo.
  7. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:11
    These are all done with little, or more likely no thought given. This is not what I'd call a controlled experiment by any stretch.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:16
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Some sins should have more points than others. For example, taking the lords name in vain should be 1/2 to 1 point. Taking the lords name in vain dressed as the pope while sodomizing a sheep should be 2 to 3 points. Maybe we should designate categories such as carnal sins, sins against the church, and the big three murder, theft and mayhem, etc...

I myself am going for a score of 54 as this looks like a light weekend coming up.
    Oh boy. Well this idea is good but it is a tad involved. It would be impossible (or 'inpossable' as flyunity says) to develop and agree upon a schedule of scoring by Friday night.

I suggest we just stick to one point per sin. That's how Jesus looks at it anyway, right? However, if you were to commit a "supersin" like sodomy, bestiality, homocide, go ahead and juice your score a little. You deserve it!

My weekend is looking pretty hectic. Starting off with a gig on Friday night, party on Saturday and then doing my taxes on Sunday -- it should amount to all kinds of heinous and tax-related sins. I'll go ahead and guess at 156 for my score.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:18
    Does thinking it and gleefully pondering the same make it scorable?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:202 edits
    I believe only murder or adultery count as sin if you just think it but I could be mistaken.

EDIT - damn spelling and grammar
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:24
    I believe only murder or adultery count as sin if you just think it but I could be mistaken.

WRONG!

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's possessions!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:38
    Is this a sin?

D
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    WRONG!

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's possessions!
    I stand deaf and corrected.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Is this a sin?

D
    Penetrate Jesus?

Only if it's not consensual.

EDIT - and pre-marital too 😉
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 18:13
    1/2 points only unless you are gesturing lewdly or have exposed yourself while undertaking said thinking and gleeful pondering.

Who's the ref going to be... Darfius? He is without sin afterall and capable of fairly condemning our sins.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree