Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Under sharia law, a Muslim who abandons Islam is subject to execution.
That is not the law in the Muslim country where I live.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Stop trying to draw a false equivalence between Muslims leaving Islam and Christians leaving Christianity.
Changing religion, or abandoning a religion, or becoming religious, can all take courage.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
My attitude toward homosexuality - or heterosexuality for that matter - is keep it in the bedroom. Don’t shove it in people’s faces.
Is being openly homosexual in a predominantly heterosexual community "shoving it in people's faces"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is being openly homosexual in a predominantly heterosexual community "shoving it in people's faces"?
Do you know, for example, what goes on at the Gay Pride Parade in New York?

Why don’t you find out?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
Changing religion, or abandoning a religion, or becoming religious, can all take courage.
It takes more courage to leave Islam in a country that practices sharia law than it does to leave Christianity.

There’s no comparison.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
That is not the law in the Muslim country where I live.
Well, believe it or not, you don’t live in the only majority Muslim country in the world.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@Indonesia-Phil

Go on, just give us one example of actual evidence for Jesus Christ's resurrection.

Logic and belief? Can't you really see the difference?

Use logic to prove that logic leads to truth.

No circular reasoning please.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Do you know, for example, what goes on at the Gay Pride Parade in New York?
Sure. And I don't think it takes much courage to participate in that, aside from those who face disapproval from their families etc.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
Sure. And I don't think it takes much courage to participate in that, aside from those who face disapproval from their families etc.
So you think men walking around in a parade with their genitals exposed and simulating anal sex is appropriate?

I’d have a problem with heterosexuals doing that but, for some reason, homosexuals seem to define their entire lives by their sexual orientation. Heterosexuals don’t.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So you think men walking around in a parade with their genitals exposed and simulating anal sex is appropriate?
I personally don't care. And I don't see what it has to do with courage and cowardice.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I’d have a problem with heterosexuals doing that but, for some reason, homosexuals seem to define their entire lives by their sexual orientation. Heterosexuals don’t.
If you can extrapolate something about the experience of being a homosexual, generally, from what you don't like about Gay Pride parades, and then link it to courage and cowardice, I'd be interested

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Well, believe it or not, you don’t live in the only majority Muslim country in the world.
Of course, but how does that affect what I said about courage?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I personally don't care. And I don't see what it has to do with courage and cowardice.
So kids lining the parade route and seeing that trash is Ok with you?

And you may not “personally” care but some people don’t want kids (or adults for that matter) to see something that would get someone arrested if they weren’t a participant in the gay pride parade.

And I brought this up in direct response to your false claim that I thought a homosexual expressing affection or love for his or her partner in public was shoving it in heterosexuals’ faces.

You stand corrected. As usual.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@fmf said
Of course, but how does that affect what I said about courage?
Because it takes more courage for a Muslim living under sharia law to abandon Islam and become an apostate than it takes for a Christian to abandon Christianity.

You attempted to draw a false equivalence between the two.

F

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And you may not “personally” care but some people don’t want kids (or adults for that matter) to see something that would get someone arrested if they weren’t a participant in the gay pride parade.
The children's parents must take responsibility. But what does this have to do with the courage and cowardice of stances.