Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Cowardly v Courageous Stances

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Feb 22
2 edits

Cowardly stances/beliefs and courageous stances/beliefs

Examples?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@FMF
Examples?

F

Moves
02 Feb 22

@sonship said
Examples?
Do you have any to offer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@FMF
Offer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@fmf said

Examples?
Believing everyone goes to Heaven is cowardly (in addition to being absurd.)

Saying men are the same as women (apart from their anatomy) is cowardly.

Saying homosexuality isn’t deviant is cowardly (I used deviant, not a different word.)

Saying the theory of evolution is well supported by evidence is cowardly.

Believers who refuse to acknowledge they believe in Jesus Christ’s Resurrection and the miracles He performed but only publicly acknowledge Him as a “good teacher” are cowardly.

Christians who crave the approval of atheists are not only cowardly, they’re pathetic.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Believing everyone goes to Heaven is cowardly (in addition to being absurd.)

Saying men are the same as women (apart from their anatomy) is cowardly.

Saying homosexuality isn’t deviant is cowardly (I used deviant, not a different word.)

Saying the theory of evolution is well supported by evidence is cowardly.

Believers who refuse to acknowledge they believe in Jesu ...[text shortened]... cowardly.

Christians who crave the approval of atheists are not only cowardly, they’re pathetic.
Believing in Heaven is cowardly.

Believing that men and women have differences beyond their anatomy is cowardly.

Believing that people loving each other, regardless of their gender is in some way wrong OR your business is cowardly.

Believing in myths and magic is cowardly.

Dismissing the vast body of evidence from various different scientific disciplines in support of the theory of evolution simply because it contravenes your belief in myths and magic is cowardly.

F

Moves
02 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think coming out as a homosexual and speaking out against discrimination can be very courageous stances to take in many situations and contexts

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Feb 22

@fmf said

Examples?
OSAS Christians who proclaim that all their sins are preemptively forgiven, they have eternal life and not even God can change that, are courageous. I admire those brave souls.

F

Moves
02 Feb 22

I think an 18 year old Christian turning up at university and finding herself pretty much alone in a militantly atheist social milieu, if she sticks to her guns, would be courageous.

F

Moves
02 Feb 22

Muslims here in Indonesia converting to Christianity, or Christians converting to Islam, more often than not it takes a good deal of courage.

Moves
02 Feb 22

@sonship said
@FMF
Offer?
Oh dear.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@fmf said
I think coming out as a homosexual and speaking out against discrimination can be very courageous stances to take in many situations and contexts
Hardly. Homosexuality is practically a virtue and reason for celebration in the United States nowadays.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@fmf said
Muslims here in Indonesia converting to Christianity, or Christians converting to Islam, more often than not it takes a good deal of courage.
Muslims converting to Christianity because Muslims consider than to be an apostasy.

Christians converting to Islam is cowardly - not courageous.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@fmf said
I think an 18 year old Christian turning up at university and finding herself pretty much alone in a militantly atheist social milieu, if she sticks to her guns, would be courageous.
Totally agree.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
OSAS Christians who proclaim that all their sins are preemptively forgiven, they have eternal life and not even God can change that, are courageous. I admire those brave souls.
Do you think God is capable of anything and everything?