1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '14 18:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God could have created an isolated universe with energy and matter in the beginning. There is scientific and mathematical evidence that the universe had a beginning. So it must have been created.
    The Big Bang was certainly Creation. Just not the way you think of it.

No one can yet say it wasn't.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 00:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Big Bang was certainly Creation. Just not the way you think of it.

No one can yet say it wasn't.
    I don't know if there was a "Big Bang" when God created the heavens and the earth, but it was certainly done suddenly in a 24 hour day. Maybe the "Big Bang" was the sound of God's voice when He spoke the universe into existence.
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 08:13
    There is mathematical evidence for the beginning of the universe.

http://gizmodo.com/5904714/mathematic-proof-that-the-universe-had-a-beginning

Therefore, if it had a beginning it must have been created.
    I'm certainly not qualified to discuss advanced physics, so anything I'd have to say on the topic would be pure speculation, but that label also most certainly applies to the idea that because the universe had a beginning that therefore it must be your specific god, or even a god. That doesn't follow at all.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 08:15
    I don't know if there was a "Big Bang" when God created the heavens and the earth, but it was certainly done suddenly in a 24 hour day. Maybe the "Big Bang" was the sound of God's voice when He spoke the universe into existence.
    God had vocal cords before it created matter?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 09:50
    Originally posted by C Hess
    And surrounded by air so the vocal chords could do their vocalization. That also implies the air was at something like the temperature of Earth and pressure otherwise there would also not be sound. If we were exposed to the atmosphere on Mars, we would not be able to utter a sound for instance.

So this alleged god already had Earthlike conditions around it.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 09:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And surrounded by air so the vocal chords could do their vocalization. That also implies the air was at something like the temperature of Earth and pressure otherwise there would also not be sound. If we were exposed to the atmosphere on Mars, we would not be able to utter a sound for instance.

So this alleged god already had Earthlike conditions around it.
    Yeah, it's almost like the people who invented yahweh didn't know how sound works. Go figure. 🙄
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 20:43
    I'm certainly not qualified to discuss advanced physics, so anything I'd have to say on the topic would be pure speculation, but that label also most certainly applies to the idea that because the universe had a beginning that therefore it must be your specific god, or even a god. That doesn't follow at all.
    I can only speculate too. So we are both just giving our opinions based on what we believe are the facts.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 20:50
    I was just speculating on how God created matter. The Holy Bible only says God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning. Since God spoke to bring about light, I am assuming he might have spoke to create the heavens and the earth also.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 21:431 edit
    I was just speculating on how God created matter. The Holy Bible only says God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning. Since God spoke to bring about light, I am assuming he might have spoke to create the heavens and the earth also.
    Come on.

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." -- Genesis 1:3

A magician also says "abracadabra" or "hocus pocus". It doesn't mean he 'speaks' the rabbit out of the hat. God's actual mechanics of action are unknown to us, just like the magician's are unseen by us.

Man, you literalists just don't get that there is much going on that is not explained in the Bible. The Bible is not a "blow-by-blow" description of EVERY single thing that happened. God never had a play-by-play guy. He probably could've used a color commentator, though.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 22:24
    Come on.

A magician also says "abracadabra" or "hocus pocus". It doesn't mean he 'speaks' the rabbit out of the hat. God's actual mechanics of action are unknown to us, just like the magician's are unseen by us.

Man, you literalists just don't get that there is much going on ...[text shortened]... ened. God never had a play-by-play guy. He probably could've used a color commentator, though.
    I did not say the Holy Bible was a "blow-by-blow" description of EVERY single thing that happened. I said that I was speculating on certain things that I assume may have happened. You don't know that there was a "Big Bang" either, but because some scientists speculate there was then you believe that is more fact that what the Holy Bible says and yet you call yourself a Christian. What kind of Christian believes man rather than God?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 22:261 edit
    Come on.

Man, you literalists just don't get that there is much going on ...[text shortened]... ened. God never had a play-by-play guy. He probably could've used a color commentator, though.
    Beginning to grasp the sad fact that entrenched negative volition eventually succeeds in knowing no bounds in protectively deflecting biblical truth. As with the Pharaoh, after numerous deliverances, the dendrite scar tissue still holds full sway.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 22:31

What did god look like before he created light?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 23:07
    I did not say the Holy Bible was a "blow-by-blow" description of EVERY single thing that happened. I said that I was speculating on certain things that I assume may have happened. You don't know that there was a "Big Bang" either, but because some scientists speculate there was then you believe that is more fact that what the Holy Bible says and yet you call yourself a Christian. What kind of Christian believes man rather than God?
    The kind that doesn't believe you have to choose which to believe. They are not mutually exclusive. But religionists and scientists both say they are just so that they have something to fight over. Ridiculous.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 23:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What did god look like before he created light?
    I wouldn't know.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Oct '14 23:15
    I'm willing to believe, however, that 'God's actual mechanics of action' probably involve the very same physics we learned in high school. To us, they seem to take a very long time to build anything. But what is time to God? I'm guessing that God's day is not the same as our day.

This gives everyone room to believe or to not believe. See how that works?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree