1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 10:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You assume many things, such as God's relationship to time stays constant. Such as, God has zero time. Such as, God is a slow god.

You're just mocking what I said. I said nothing like what you're saying here.
    Well, that would explain why your god has done nothing for the human race in the last 2000 years. In that 2000 years, god time has only had a dozen thoughts or so. You should like that, when it gets around to figuring out humans are screwing up the planet, we might have only 130 years or so to get ready for the big crash.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 17:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, that would explain why your god has done nothing for the human race in the last 2000 years. In that 2000 years, god time has only had a dozen thoughts or so. You should like that, when it gets around to figuring out humans are screwing up the planet, we might have only 130 years or so to get ready for the big crash.
    My God is different from that of Suzianne. My God thinks ahead and has plans for the future. My God said the following:
    "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

(John 14:1-3 NASB)
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 17:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My God is different from that of Suzianne. My God thinks ahead and has plans for the future. My God said the following:
    "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for ...[text shortened]... and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

No. You are deluded. My God is not the god sonhouse describes, obviously. My God IS your God. You just seem to take solace in restricting Him to magic tricks. You believe in God, yes. But you don't believe that He's capable of anything beyond His simplistic description in Genesis. Thankfully, though, you do seem to believe in His Son and this excuses much.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 18:051 edit
    I believe you are the one speaking stupid things. God was not trying to deceive us, but telling us like it was. A day is not billions of years. That is stupid.
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." -- 1 Corinthians 13:11, KJV

God was speaking through Moses the history of the Earth. He had to keep it simplistic and Man was "as a child" in those days. Today, Man has grown in knowledge and we keep those "childish things" from our past because they comfort us. But we now know better. If the Bible were written for today's Man, it would be far, far different, because He knows we now understand as men, not "as a child". God is not "trying to deceive us", that's ridiculous. We do a much better job of deceiving ourselves.

Fundamentalists, like you, keep insisting that we are still "as a child". Well, maybe some of us are. That's fine, just don't foist your 'lack of knowledge and understanding' onto the rest of us.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 18:53
    "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for ...[text shortened]... and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

So now there are TWO gods?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 19:06
    No. RJH just speaks "as a child". This explains why he doesn't "get it".
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 19:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics
    The first law of thermodynamics is a version of the law of conservation of energy, adapted for thermodynamic systems. The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created o ...[text shortened]... yed.

The First Law of Thermodynamics quite clearly states that creation is impossible.
    The first law of God is that God created the universe and everything in it.

Tell me again how it is that thermodynamics can state something. Can it speak? Is it living? For some reason I just can't hear it's voice.

And who was it that received this law and then wrote it down? Did it come by way of evolution?

"..; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but cannot be created or destroyed."

Can't be created by who? Where did all this energy come from?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 19:45
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." -- 1 Corinthians 13:11, KJV

God was speaking through Moses the history of the Earth. He had to keep it simplistic and Man was "as a child" in those days. Today, Man has grown in knowledge and we keep those "child ...[text shortened]... . That's fine, just don't foist your 'lack of knowledge and understanding' onto the rest of us.
    "If the Bible were written for today's Man,.."

Not good Suzianne. This is a grave error. You better think about what you're saying here. You're making yourself out to have greater authority than the Word of God.

2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I wouldn't tamper with it if I were you.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 21:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '14 21:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 01:26
    You should well know by now that there is One God in three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 01:311 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"If the Bible were written for today's Man,.."

Not good Suzianne. This is a grave error. You better think about what you're saying here. You're making yourself out to have greater authority than the Word of God.

2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I wouldn't tamper with it if I were you.[/b]
    Don't get me wrong. I don't expect a "new Bible" to come about. It's unnecessary. It's unnecessary because Man understands more now about the universe and our place in it. We can read scripture and see that it lives forever because it's clear that God expects Man, in his increasing understanding, to see through what is written to what it means.

Taking the Word of God at its most literal and simplistic meaning is much worse than what you imagine me guilty of. It seeks to portray God as small and simplistic also. God is much bigger and capable of much more than the simplistic literalists believe. They minimalize God at every turn.

I'm not tampering with the Word of God... it's the literalists who never really understood it to begin with, and have imbued it with their own meaning, drawn from their minimal understanding.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 03:05
    Don't get me wrong. I don't expect a "new Bible" to come about. It's unnecessary. It's unnecessary because Man understands more now about the universe and our place in it. We can read scripture and see that it lives forever because it's clear that God expects Man, in his increasing understanding, to see through what is written to what it means.

Takin ...[text shortened]... o begin with, and have imbued it with their own meaning, drawn from their minimal understanding.
    You are not doing anything to support the purpose of this thread.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 03:311 edit
    No. You are deluded. My God is not the god sonhouse describes, obviously. My God IS your God. You just seem to take solace in restricting Him to magic tricks. You believe in God, yes. But you don't believe that He's capable of anything beyond His simplistic description in Genesis. Thankfully, though, you do seem to believe in His Son and this excuses much.
    God performs miracles, not magic tricks. The difference between the miracles of God and magic tricks have already been discussed and you are still as ignorant on the subject as the atheists. I believe God provided us with the literal truth of creation. You apparently believe it is all figures of speech that mean whatever you want it to mean.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '14 13:23
    God performs miracles, not magic tricks. The difference between the miracles of God and magic tricks have already been discussed and you are still as ignorant on the subject as the atheists. I believe God provided us with the literal truth of creation. You apparently believe it is all figures of speech that mean whatever you want it to mean.
    Well I for one am tired of waiting around for this judgement day. It's been two thousand years and counting and it would be nice if it happened sooner than later to avoid that much more real suffering going on in the world as we speak.

Of course I know that is just fantasy, no such deity is going to come down here for ANY reason. We make our own bed, we lie in it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree