1. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 07:43
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No not case closed you can't see gravity.
    Actually I can. All sight has an intermediary that allows us to know (or believe or imagine) the existence of something. If I drop an apple and it falls I am 'seeing' gravity just as much as I am 'seeing' the apple as the existence of both is being communicated to my eyes and thus my brain via the movement of photons.

black beetle is arguing that even when the source of the information is internal to the brain (dreams), you are still 'seeing'.

Do you 'see' what I am saying?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 17:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually I can. All sight has an intermediary that allows us to know (or believe or imagine) the existence of something. If I drop an apple and it falls I am 'seeing' gravity just as much as I am 'seeing' the apple as the existence of both is being communicated to my eyes and thus my brain via the movement of photons.

black beetle is arguing that even ...[text shortened]... nternal to the brain (dreams), you are still 'seeing'.

Do you 'see' what I am saying?
    What are we 'seeing' with then? For dreams are obviously a manifestation of light of some sort. It cant be our eyes,that is obvious. As for the theory of the 'third eye' I dont know enough about that to say definatly yes or no.
    As for the fact that we see light when we dream is beyond doubt, but where this fact will lead us is intriguing to say the least. It may be beyond conventional proofs to explain.
    I reckon a new mode of thinking is required here to progress...
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 19:53
    Originally posted by black beetle
    You come again conducting a false generalization, as if I told you that the Human is able to see Everything that is non-material. But I clearly told you that the Human is Also able to see non-material “things”, and I offered you the example with the dreams -and you are indeed aware of the fact that we can see dreams, which they are non-material;

Well ...[text shortened]... e that is used by a satellite sensor that monitors the surface of the ocean).

Case closed
    😵
    No not case closed, I'll give you proof that you can "see" God, God is force, if you make the argument that you can "see" gravity then you can also "see" force, therefore you can "see" God, case closed.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 21:44
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No not case closed, I'll give you proof that you can "see" God, God is force, if you make the argument that you can "see" gravity then you can also "see" force, therefore you can "see" God, case closed.
    😀😀
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 04:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What are we 'seeing' with then? For dreams are obviously a manifestation of light of some sort. It cant be our eyes,that is obvious. As for the theory of the 'third eye' I dont know enough about that to say definatly yes or no.
    As for the fact that we see light when we dream is beyond doubt, but where this fact will lead us is intriguing to say the l ...[text shortened]... tional proofs to explain.
    I reckon a new mode of thinking is required here to progress...
    There is no light whatsoever involved in dreaming. We only think we see light and there is nothing particularly mysterious about it as you seem to imply.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 08:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There is no light whatsoever involved in dreaming. We only think we see light and there is nothing particularly mysterious about it as you seem to imply.
    So we only think we can see light when we are dreaming?
    Could've fooled me.
    But I will let you explain.
    (Whats the difference between the light we see when we are awake and the 'light' we see when we are dreaming?)
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 09:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So we only think we can see light when we are dreaming?
    Yes.

Could've fooled me.
    You seem rather easily fooled by dreams. (aliens)

But I will let you explain.
    (Whats the difference between the light we see when we are awake and the 'light' we see when we are dreaming?)

The light we see when we are awake is photons being emitted from or reflected off objects, traveling through space and being absorbed and measured by our eyes. No photons (light) are involved whatsoever when we dream.
    If you dream about someone, is he really in your dream? There is no more light in your dream than there is the person you dreamed about. We can say "he was in my dream" and we can say "I saw him in my dream" and even "there was a bright light in my dream" but it is understood from such speech that the real counterparts to the objects and actions in question were not involved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree