1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 23:30
    Here's what Ham and his bunch of loonies are up to now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6549595.stm

Let's hope this charlatan doesn't get away with promoting this crap to kids as "science".
  2. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 23:58
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Here's what Ham and his bunch of loonies are up to now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6549595.stm

Let's hope this charlatan doesn't get away with promoting this crap to kids as "science".
    Ooooooooooooooooh, speaking of loonies:

The Catholic school I teach at is a block away from the Lutheran school. We took our kids down there for some special thing with some guy who has a great message and makes it fun, etc. All nice and ecumenical. So he's doing cool things, talking about perseverence, etc. ... and then asks how/when dinosaurs became extinct. Students raise their hands to answer ... but no, they were all wrong according to him. His answer?

Dinosaurs died in the flood. Yep, you heard it here first. His evidence? They weren't mentioned as being on the ark, plus they wouldn't fit on the ark. So they died in the flood.

Now you know. 😕
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 00:24
    i think the museum is a good idea and i think it will make a lot of money since it is the only theist museum, but i think it is ridiculous to want creationism as popular as science in america though.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '07 07:39
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i think the museum is a good idea and i think it will make a lot of money since it is the only theist museum, but i think it is ridiculous to want creationism as popular as science in america though.
    You seem to think that theism is equivalent to young earth creationism. The majority of theists would consider the contents of that museum to be fabricated nonsense. Most museums in the world are probably run by a theists. My sister works in a museum and she is a theist. Many museums cover theistic topics as theism constitutes a large part of our cultural heritage.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 19:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You seem to think that theism is equivalent to young earth creationism. The majority of theists would consider the contents of that museum to be fabricated nonsense. Most museums in the world are probably run by a theists. My sister works in a museum and she is a theist. Many museums cover theistic topics as theism constitutes a large part of our cultural heritage.
    Which is well and good as long as it is made clear this is theism they are talking about and not scientific fact, like dino's getting offed in a flood, which if that actually happened, I might point out would make the bible story wrong because it plainly says EVERY creature on earth went into the ark. BIGASSARK, eh.
  6. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 02:22
    Originally posted by reader1107
    Ooooooooooooooooh, speaking of loonies:

The Catholic school I teach at is a block away from the Lutheran school. We took our kids down there for some special thing with some guy who has a great message and makes it fun, etc. All nice and ecumenical. So he's doing cool things, talking about perseverence, etc. ... and then asks how/when dinosaurs be ...[text shortened]... he ark, plus they wouldn't fit on the ark. So they died in the flood.

Now you know. 😕
    consistency is hard to come by for a lot of people. but it seems especially difficult for "bible believin'" xians.
    i am one of those, and consistency is hard for me, but i've to put on my big girl pants and deal with some hard issues.
    i hate to say it, but i agree with many of the beratements delivered to many of the xians by the nons for the simple reason the xians don't seem to be consistent in their doctrine or theology.

if the ark is real, there must have been dinosaurs on it. or they were wiped out long before the flood. the bible clearly states that two of every animal was on there. too many xians suffer from the delusion that they can pick and choose from plausible passages to arrive at "their xianity" with "their jesus" as "their savior."

i have no qualifications or proof to offer nonbelievers that could possible ever make tem believe any of this. sorry. i only have my consistency. which is why as a believer in the 3-O god, i don't believe in free will. cheers.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:15
    does it matter of the credibility of the museum? no, because the purpose is to make money. and believe me, theists WILL go there, it is a genius idea if you ask me. the money will definitely come
  8. Standard memberRuppster1
    Saved by grace.
    State of Denial.
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:19
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    consistency is hard to come by for a lot of people. but it seems especially difficult for "bible believin'" xians.
    i am one of those, and consistency is hard for me, but i've to put on my big girl pants and deal with some hard issues.
    i hate to say it, but i agree with many of the beratements delivered to many of the xians by the nons for the simple reason ...[text shortened]... cy. which is why as a believer in the 3-O god, i don't believe in free will. cheers.
    If we don't have free will, then were did sin come from and why is it still present?
    What is a 3-0 God, the Trinity?
  9. RDU NC
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 03:28
    Originally posted by Ruppster1
    If we don't have free will, then were did sin come from and why is it still present?
    What is a 3-0 God, the Trinity?
    Omnipotent - all powerful
    Omniscient - all knowing
    Omnipresent - always and everywhere present

O#1 and 2 seem to cancel out free will.
    esp. if they are immutible attributes of god.

yes, the problem of sin... consistency, consistency, consistency.

ok...
    before christ, i had no choice but to sin. everything i did was sinful. even helping my abuelita do the dishes. i did it not to glorify god. therefore it was sinning.
    after christ, i now have the ability to glorify god and do good acts acting under the impetus and by the strength of god living in me. therefore i also cannot take credit for that.

therefore, no free will.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree