1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 01:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now the last argument you have is crumbling before your eyes: No missing link to modern humans. Well there is one now. I feel sorry for your loss.
    That's just a short modern human with big ears. Besides it all a lie anyway. Scientists just make this stuff up in their basements because they know the truth. God created the world in 6 days. We're not just a random accident. If they don't lie, then people will start believing in God. And Satan can't allow that to happen!

Damn it! I see dj2 already beat me to it. I was even going to remind everyone of Piltdown Man, and how scientists boasted for decades that it was the missing link, and how it's a hoax, which proves that our mommies were right: Jesus loves us and died on the cross for our sins. There's no need to learn anything else.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 01:47
    Originally posted by telerion
    That's just a short modern human with big ears. Besides it all a lie anyway. Scientists just make this stuff up in their basements because they know the truth. God created the world in 6 days. We're not just a random accident. If they don't lie, then people will start believing in God. And Satan can't allow that to happen!

Damn it! I see dj2 alr ...[text shortened]... esus loves us and died on the cross for our sins. There's no need to learn anything else.
    Its interesting, the 7 day creation story has been around for thousands of years before christianity. I'm thinking its been around for about 8,000 years. BTW I saw the 7 day creation story on an Egyptian rock carving dated about 4,000 years ago. And it was old then. That rock, a dark monolith that was the equivalent of today's newspaper, is in the Cairo museum. If you have a chance, you should visit, its an awesome museum, mindblowing stuff, like this model airplane that looked like it was carved by an Iowa farmer for his kid,
    wings, tail, aileron, sleek body, front end carved like a birds beak, but it had this distinctly modern look to it, yet it was over 3,000 years old. Freaky, actually.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 03:18
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Creationists are not modern humans. They oppose modernism, preferring medieval theology and pre-scientific culture.
    And evolutionists are nothing more than narrow minded atheists who can't prove that an intelligent being was behind it all. We can call each other names all day but I don't think this is productive. If you would like a scientific approach to theorizing the 6 days of creation then why don't you check out this site.

http://www.worshipradio.com/home/ZolaVideo.html

Just go to the 6 days of creation video and click it. Dr. Gerald Schroeder has a theory of how it all happened and yes he beleives the universe is about 15 billion years old. Watch it if you dare!!!!!!!
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 04:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    And evolutionists are nothing more than narrow minded atheists who can't prove that an intelligent being was behind it all. We can call each other names all day but I don't think this is productive. If you would like a scientific approach to theorizing the 6 days of creation then why don't you check out this site.

http://www.worshipradio.com/home/ZolaVid ...[text shortened]... and yes he beleives the universe is about 15 billion years old. Watch it if you dare!!!!!!!
    I will come back to this later, because it's an hour long, so I'll watch it tonight. But 5 minutes in he seems to be awefully chuffed that the bible and science agree that the uiverse had a beginning. Well, it's not really that much of a powerful evidence really - the universe either had to have a beginning, or not. 50 - 50 chance of being right then...

Anyhoo, the universe HAS existed forever. If one understands relativity properly, then one will see that time is a property of the universe. Therefore, before the universe, there was no before. There was no time. All of time has existed within the universe.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:02
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Why do creationists always hark on about Nebraska man? That was shown to be false over 80 years ago. Piltdown was shown to be false over 50 years ago.

Guess what? Science makes mistakes sometimes. Why? Because people do science. The mistakes tend to be in the detail rather than the general thrust though. Why do we make mistakes in the d ...[text shortened]... 1006/NEWS01

An older link to 2003...
    http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s877478.htm
    Science makes mistakes sometimes.

And then you have some crack-pots pronouncing 'science' as absolute truth?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:05
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Tell us Coconut, how old is the earth?
    What does that have to do with the supposed missing link?
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 08:341 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]Science makes mistakes sometimes.

And then you have some crack-pots pronouncing 'science' as absolute truth?[/b]
    Whom precisely?

[edit; I should really have written "scientists sometimes make mistakes, since they are only human". Even so, I'd trust it more than any religious text.]
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:05

And then you have some crack-pots pronouncing 'science' as absolute truth?
    No one ever says science is an absolute truth. Forget the fact that the language is linguistically obscure. I would say science is more valid then the belief in an arbitrary God.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:21
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Tell us Coconut, how old is the earth?
    Nobody knows for sure.

Unless you are willing to defend uniformitarianism...
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:24
    Whom precisely?

[edit; I should really have written "scientists sometimes make mistakes, since they are only human". Even so, I'd trust it more than any religious text.]
    Do you or do you not believe that the earth is a few billion years old?
  11. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:27
    Anyhoo, the universe HAS existed forever. If one understands relativity properly, then one will see that time is a property of the universe. Therefore, before the universe, there was no before. There was no time. All of time has existed within the universe.
    Indeed, but that does not mean that there is not a finite amount of time within the universe. From our position within time/space it really is irrelevant is it not?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:50
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    No one ever says science is an absolute truth. Forget the fact that the language is linguistically obscure. I would say science is more valid then the belief in an arbitrary God.
    Science cannot explain everything. You should know that.

God can.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 09:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now the last argument you have is crumbling before your eyes: No missing link to modern humans. Well there is one now. I feel sorry for your loss.
    Sadly Creationists and IDers will not be happy untill every single fosil of every single living thing on the earth ever to have lived is found, and prooved to be genuine and then they will still deny it. Missing links have never detracted from the theory of evolution, but rather the fact that people talk about the existance of a missing link shows that there is a clearly discernable pattern in the fossil record and the existance of intermediate species can be infered.
    Evolution is happening all the time and is visible to us every day. However Creationists still continue to claim that it has never been observed in a test tube. However whenever observations of it are presented to them they say "aaahh micro evolution, of course we agree that that happens, but not macro evolution" The problem of course is that thier definitions of macro and micro evolution are flexible so that if it is observed then it becomes micro. All fosil record is discounted as fake.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 10:06
    Do you or do you not believe that the earth is a few billion years old?
    I would say the earth is roughly 4.53 billion years old, based on all available evidence. Of course you know, quite without any evidence, other than the bible of course - so full of contradictions....
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    27 Mar '06 10:07
    Science cannot explain everything. You should know that.

God can.
    Of course, you cannot prove the existance of god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree