Credit/Blame

Credit/Blame

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Are you are quick to blame your god figure when misfortune happens, and are you quick to claim credit for yourself [and not give credit to your god figure] when something good happens?
No, I’m not.

F

Moves
26 Feb 18

FMF: Are you are quick to blame your god figure when misfortune happens, and are you quick to claim credit for yourself [and not give credit to your god figure] when something good happens?

Originally posted by @romans1009
No, I’m not.
I have been acquainted with very few religious people who are. So you are probably pretty typical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Feb 18

I have been acquainted with very few religious people who are. So you are probably pretty typical.
On the other hand, the more one understands the Bible, the more one realizes God is not a genie in the sky

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
What do you know about God?
I know My soul.

For more info pls refer to my 'Spirit' OP

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
What do you know about God?
Anything specific ? Its a big question and potentially very loaded

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I am not alone
And yet, according to you, "they" are unaware. Who is "they"? Anyone but you?

w

Moves
26 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @667joe
Why does god always get the credit, but never the blame. If a boat with 10 people capsizes and 9 drown, the 10th person will thank god for his survival, but not blame god for the death of the other nine or the capsizing of the boat.
Man is the type of creature to load up a plane full of people, hurdles them thousands of miles up into the air and hundreds of miles per hour with tons of fuel and then wonder why it is God let's them crash in a ball of explosive thunder.

w

Moves
26 Feb 18

There is no one typical around here but me! 😠

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
And yet, according to you, "they" are unaware. Who is "they"? Anyone but you?
Lol. I have re-aquainted myself with a wise friend from a hundreds of years ago. I'm overwhelmed with joy. Now we rule .

Well we are not above the Lord but we cant b touched

I know who I am and its not this vessel

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
27 Feb 18

Why does god always get the credit, but never the blame. If a boat with 10 people capsizes and 9 drown, the 10th person will thank god for his survival, but not blame god for the death of the other nine or the capsizing of the boat.
Perhaps "God" is a metaphor for goodness in some people's minds.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Feb 18

Why does god always get the credit, but never the blame. If a boat with 1but i0 people capsizes and 9 drown, the 10th person will thank god for his survival, but not blame god for the death of the other nine or the capsizing of the boat.
A whole bunch of people went out of their way to help me in my crisis. Thank you local god.

If it is up to the gods whether you survive or not, then it is up to them what disasters we suffer. I understand we have a brain chemical rush when we surprisingly survive some horrible thing, but we should settle back into rationality.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Feb 18

Originally posted by @apathist
A whole bunch of people went out of their way to help me in my crisis. Thank you local god.

If it is up to the gods whether you survive or not, then it is up to them what disasters we suffer. I understand we have a brain chemical rush when we surprisingly survive some horrible thing, but we should settle back into rationality.
Before we try to “figure out” God, maybe we should keep these verses in mind:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

(Isaiah 55:8-9)

“Moreover the Lord answered Job, and said,

Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.”

(Job 40:1-2)

“Then answered the Lord unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?”

(Job 40:6-8)

“Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?”

(Isaiah 45:9)