1. Standard memberknersis21
    Wanna spoon
    Location, Location
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 06:34
    When you die one day (hopefully not today) would you want to be cremated or buried? And why?
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 08:041 edit
    Originally posted by knersis21
    When you die one day (hopefully not today) would you want to be cremated or buried? And why?
    Preferably laid out in my military uniform, unembalmed, and buried at sea in a metal casket with 20 holes drilled into it to facilitate sinkage at 100 fathoms, 3 miles from the continental shelf in any ocean. If that is not viable, cremated and my ashes spread out at sea or deep in the woods....no standard funeral for me. Standard funerals average more than $6,000 and are a waste of land, time, flowers and food.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 08:29
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Preferably laid out in my uniform, unembalmed, and buried at sea in a metal casket with 20 holes drilled into it to facilitate sinkage at 100 fathoms, 3 miles from the continental shelf in any ocean. If that is not viable, cremated and my ashes spread out at sea or deep in the woods....no standard funeral for me. Standard funerals average more than $6,000 and are a waste of land, time, flowers and food.
    What aren't you prepared for?
  4. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 08:36
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What aren't you prepared for?
    Good question, as the Coast Guard's motto is "Semper Paratus", which means always prepared....😉
  5. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 16:07
    Yank all my useful organs and use then for those who need them (if any) and then turn me to ash.

The body will only be worm food after I die... if there is a useful part of me that can save or extend another's life, then use me for it. As far as the rest - why waste the space to feed the worms? They have plenty to eat already.
  6. London
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 16:36
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Yank all my useful organs and use then for those who need them (if any) and then turn me to ash.

The body will only be worm food after I die... if there is a useful part of me that can save or extend another's life, then use me for it. As far as the rest - why waste the space to feed the worms? They have plenty to eat already.
    So what's wrong with being worm food? Worms are good for the eco-system; as are the nutrients that will go back into the soil from your body.

Cremation just uses up fuel and pollutes the atmosphere.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 17:31
    Reduce me to ashes (after medical students have taken what they can use), and toss the ashes into a stream where fish have risen to my fly.
  8. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 02:01
    Cremated and my ashes put in a douche bag so I can be run up the old lady one more time.