Cremation or burial?

Cremation or burial?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
Wanna spoon

Location, Location

Moves
30 Dec 05

When you die one day (hopefully not today) would you want to be cremated or buried? And why?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
30 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by knersis21
When you die one day (hopefully not today) would you want to be cremated or buried? And why?
Preferably laid out in my military uniform, unembalmed, and buried at sea in a metal casket with 20 holes drilled into it to facilitate sinkage at 100 fathoms, 3 miles from the continental shelf in any ocean. If that is not viable, cremated and my ashes spread out at sea or deep in the woods....no standard funeral for me. Standard funerals average more than $6,000 and are a waste of land, time, flowers and food.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Preferably laid out in my uniform, unembalmed, and buried at sea in a metal casket with 20 holes drilled into it to facilitate sinkage at 100 fathoms, 3 miles from the continental shelf in any ocean. If that is not viable, cremated and my ashes spread out at sea or deep in the woods....no standard funeral for me. Standard funerals average more than $6,000 and are a waste of land, time, flowers and food.
What aren't you prepared for?

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
What aren't you prepared for?
Good question, as the Coast Guard's motto is "Semper Paratus", which means always prepared....😉

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
30 Dec 05

Yank all my useful organs and use then for those who need them (if any) and then turn me to ash.

The body will only be worm food after I die... if there is a useful part of me that can save or extend another's life, then use me for it. As far as the rest - why waste the space to feed the worms? They have plenty to eat already.

l

London

Moves
30 Dec 05

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
Yank all my useful organs and use then for those who need them (if any) and then turn me to ash.

The body will only be worm food after I die... if there is a useful part of me that can save or extend another's life, then use me for it. As far as the rest - why waste the space to feed the worms? They have plenty to eat already.
So what's wrong with being worm food? Worms are good for the eco-system; as are the nutrients that will go back into the soil from your body.

Cremation just uses up fuel and pollutes the atmosphere.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
30 Dec 05

Reduce me to ashes (after medical students have taken what they can use), and toss the ashes into a stream where fish have risen to my fly.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
30 Dec 05

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
04 Jan 06

Cremated and my ashes put in a douche bag so I can be run up the old lady one more time.