Originally posted by Tetsujin
    ...that's not saying much at all.
    Perhaps that would be preferable.
  2. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 19:09
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The problem is that deductive reasoning is of limited use in comprehending the metaphysical. You're bound to be disappointed if you expect deduction to solve much here. God, or lack of god, can't be proven, so we all must resort to arguing that one or the other is more likely to be the case.
    hence the onus is on you theists to prove it. for about the 4th time i introduce the flying spaghetti monster. you may not believe it exists and therefore the onus is on me to prove it does. me ranting about it day after day changes nothing. like you and your mythical god.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 19:56
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    hence the onus is on you theists to prove it. for about the 4th time i introduce the flying spaghetti monster. you may not believe it exists and therefore the onus is on me to prove it does. me ranting about it day after day changes nothing. like you and your mythical god.
    Now, now, the poop pile is big enough, we're going to need mechanized equipment to move the load of crap you've throwing about.

The rules to a productive exploration of human spirituality:
    1. Bring an open mind or piss off.
    2. No derogatory comments about the religion of others.
    3. No blithering dogma.

The ultimate goal is to help people get in touch with their spiritual side. You can define this as God or the sense of inner peace that one can achieve from complete enlightenment.

How about it, can you do it? You've beaten away at each other long enough don't you think?
  4. Forgotten
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 20:531 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Now, now, the poop pile is big enough, we're going to need mechanized equipment to move the load of crap you've throwing about.

3. No blithering dogma.

The ultimate goal is to help people get ...[text shortened]...
    How about it, can you do it? You've beaten away at each other long enough don't you think?
    If posts were eliminated that violated rules 1 2 or 3.The forums would be pretty barren.
    You are right though, I think, about all your points.Spirtuality implies
    tolerance of others and their ideas.No matter how diverse the ideas or the people are from you.
    If a "man of God' resorts to name calling and reciting basically meaningless dogmatic verses,it seems to loose credibilty.
    I also liked the analogy of monkey turd fights to the forums. 😀
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 21:13
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

3. No blithering dogma.

The ultimate goal is to help people get ...[text shortened]...
    Did you lose a bet? You're about as concillatory as Sweden right now, and it's beginning to scare everyone. Please, resume your cornered-animal-stance as quickly as possible. You're embarassing yourself.
  6. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 22:00
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Did you lose a bet? You're about as concillatory as Sweden right now, and it's beginning to scare everyone. Please, resume your cornered-animal-stance as quickly as possible. You're embarassing yourself.
    for once freaky, we agree.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Mar '06 22:08
    hence the onus is on you theists to prove it.
    Funny you should say that in response to my post. My post claims that it can't be proven. Given that, why should the theist waste his or her time trying to do so?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 00:42
    for once freaky, we agree.
    Let's not make a habit of it.🙂
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 05:35
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    If posts were eliminated that violated rules 1 2 or 3.The forums would be pretty barren.
    You are right though, I think, about all your points.Spirtuality implies
    tolerance of others and their ideas.No matter how diverse the ideas or the people are from you.
    If a "man of God' resorts to name calling and reciting basically meaningless dogmatic verses,it seems to loose credibilty.
    I also liked the analogy of monkey turd fights to the forums. 😀
    the stars do twinkle in your eyes my sugar sweet, however a 'man of God' is still just a human. just like you my dear. put beyond one's limits any human is capable of most anything. at the same time you are correct it is important to look at why it happens to people like your good friend RB.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 05:50
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    the stars do twinkle in your eyes my sugar sweet, however a 'man of God' is still just a human. just like you my dear. put beyond one's limits any human is capable of most anything. at the same time you are correct it is important to look at why it happens to people like your good friend RB.
    You are right Sheila.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 05:56
    You are right Sheila.
    no... i'm wrong.
  12. Forgotten
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 12:17
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    no... i'm wrong.
    Glad to meet you wrong,I'm asp or Art. 😀
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 12:20
    Glad to meet you wrong,I'm asp or Art. 😀
    no... now i'm right. nice to meet you to art.
  14. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 12:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Funny you should say that in response to my post. My post claims that it can't be proven. Given that, why should the theist waste his or her time trying to do so?
    because of the vast amount of brainwashing that happens to children due to religous upbringing. teaching people nonsense from a young age and then not really being able to prove it strikes me as an offence against human rights.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 Mar '06 18:37
    because of the vast amount of brainwashing that happens to children due to religous upbringing. teaching people nonsense from a young age and then not really being able to prove it strikes me as an offence against human rights.
    Now I think you're overreacting. Children don't start out as independent thinkers, so they will naturally emulate their parents' belief systems until they are old enough to start questioning things on their own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree