1. London
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 17:48
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    First, the most blatant violation spewed out into the Spirituality forum is the fallacy of circular reasoning. Quite simply, you monkeys frequently assume to be true what you are supposed to be proving. Circular reasoning, basically relies on reiteration of the single premise as its conclusion.
    Actually, the the most blatant violation is the ad hominem fallacy: "X is an idiot, therefore he is wrong".

There is also the reverse variation: "Look at me; I'm so smart/funny - of course I'm right!"
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 18:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 21:38
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The problem here is the child molestor, not 'grooming' in general. If you have to resort to that example just to make 'grooming' seem evil, you're getting pretty desperate.
    the fact that you dislike my perfectly reasonable example is your problem. yes, the molester is the cause of the problem. just like any adult who teaches a child/several children that one way of life is absolutely right, like living by gods word. forget logic, the bible is right! grooming.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 21:58
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    the fact that you dislike my perfectly reasonable example is your problem. yes, the molester is the cause of the problem. just like any adult who teaches a child/several children that one way of life is absolutely right, like living by gods word. forget logic, the bible is right! grooming.
    Hold on just one cotton-picking minute! So you are saying that teaching absolutes is wrong?! This is logically a self-defeating position, since you are busy trying to assert an absolute.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:32
    🙄🙄🙄
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:44
    Woe unto him who makes flesh his strength.

Let's see, I can either place my trust in your witicisms, or in the God of all creation. Hang on, it's coming to me...this is a tough one...
  7. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:04
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Hold on just one cotton-picking minute! So you are saying that teaching absolutes is wrong?! This is logically a self-defeating position, since you are busy trying to assert an absolute.
    not when teachings are backed up with proof. like math, for example. i freely admit i do not know for fact that there is not a god, but at the same time children are taught in church that god is fact with no proof.
  8. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:07
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Woe unto him who makes flesh his strength.

Let's see, I can either place my trust in your witicisms, or in the God of all creation. Hang on, it's coming to me...this is a tough one...
    it's not about trusting my witicisms, it's about trusting logic backed up with fact. unlike any mythical god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree